Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-Imagine - Camp Minnie Mickey at DAK

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-Imagine - Camp Minnie Mickey at DAK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Re-Imagine - Camp Minnie Mickey at DAK Reply with quote

So we have not done one of these in a while and thought it was time to try another. So how would you change Camp Minnie Mickey at DAK. OH and if you are going to rip it out explain what would replace it. Here is a chance to be creative. As usual I have a few ideas but will wait till later.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw this on.

If I kept the camp, I'd like to see it expand with more of the "Camp" theme. Maybe take a page or two from the Tarzan hunters camp, could have animal exhibits as samples of things the hunters had rounded up.

More likely, I'd say take the area out and use the space for more of the fanastic/ mythological beasts that were originally planned for this park
eatmon74

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I never shared my idea and since I do not remember them now, here it is. I definitely would have loved to see a mythical creatures section to DAK. I think the best Idea since the DAK really needs one is to build a Fantasmic type venue for a night time spectacular. I think a World of color type of show would work well and would not terrify the Animals as much as a firework show. The mythical creatures could play well on show such as this.

Of course the problem now is that Harry Potter at Universal already did this and did it well to all I have heard about it. I do not want to say that AVATAR is the right vehicle for a new land it may have the right feel.
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd raze the Pocahontas theater and add another "trail" like Pangani Forest and Maharajah Jungle to the south of the existing land. This one would be themed to the North American forest and have grey wolves as the centerpiece attraction. It could also include elk, beaver, cougar, and any other species that can comfortably adapt to a subtropical climate. Another themed aviary could fit in here, too.

Assuming a blank slate, I could go for a reimagined Beastly Kingdom or perhaps an Australia/Oceania themed land. Animal Kingdom could really use a high capacity dark ride. Maybe a POTC/iasw-style boat ride through the islands of the south and west Pacific based on Polynesian mythology?

I'll take anything except Avatar.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both of the ideas above... Do a trail of the Northeast... or the water ride for the fantansy creatures. Lots of potential to both of those.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that everyone knows that Camp Minnie-Mickey will soon be "re imagined"... welcome to Pandora!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Pandora has the legs to last. Maybe it is just my area of the country, but Avatar did not make a big splash here. Adding this to AK does nothing to attract me to return there. If it is there I'll see it, but it would not make me go there.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like the Avatar idea... I think people went to the movie because of the technical aspects more than the story and I really don't think it works with DAK...
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the work going into Avatar, I'd think most of it would be the same if they were doing a fantasy beast section. And I think that would have more of a pull than Avatar.

I could see you Flying over, or sailing past a pool of mermains, a glen of unicorns, some fauns, the dragons cave. having its head come roaring out at you. A Minotaur (could theme the boats like greek trireme, maybe have to shoot greek fire back at it.) Centaurs attack, a Phoenix explodes right by the boat into a huge egg, or the egg burst into flame and the phoenix rises out of it. So many fantasy animals, and the greek/roman/chinese theme would also be a great way to do it as they are so rich with these types of characters.

So many options and ideas, and none saddle you down to Avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: