King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - As Dreamers Do ?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

As Dreamers Do ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: As Dreamers Do ? Reply with quote

Anyone heard of or know anything about the movie "As Dreamers Do??
https://www.facebook.com/waltmovie
http://www.waltmovie.com

If so, what can you share ? if not, take a look and share what you think...
CAIRat
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The early life of Walt Disney is explored in this family film with an art house twist."

That phrase alone is an almost immediate turn-off to me. Will have to wait and see but I'm not overly optimistic.
'00 - Studios Merch (Stage 1/Tatooine Traders/Coaster Photo/Fantasmic), '05-'06 - Attractions (KSR), Dinoland Merch, '06-'07 - Concierge (Multiple Resorts), '07-'08 - Dream Squad (Aminal Kingdom), '10 - DVC Member Services
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone seen this?
bison74
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the ad and I'm curious to see the movie. I've read a few different biographies on Walt (he was definitely a different man to all sorts of people). There are a few things in the ad that seem somewhat anachronistic; I understand liberties will be taken.

The only thing that has me worried - and I'm really just hoping this was done for the ad - is that it seems to be forcing the foreshadowed mystique. Like the bubbling juggernaut was just waiting to bust out. I understand the desire to wink at the audience because we know what the future holds (e.g. "No one would ever go to a Disney park" wink,wink, nudge, nudge). It just seems to be a little overdone. Again, maybe it's just played up for the ad and it's not as heavy handed in the final product.

It definitely has me curious.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to re-ask... Has anyone seen this that can comment on it?

I saw Walt before Mickey (thank you Netflix), and thought that had been well done, but I still have not heard of anyone that has watched this one "As Dreamers Do"
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out Amazon has the movie.

Not impressed. Some of the actors were pretty good, but other... not so much.
Did not care at all for how they portrayed Ubbe Iwerk, Roy, Flora and a few others. The actor that played Walt was one of the better ones in the movie.

If i had time to do it again, I'd re-watch "Walt Before Mickey". A much better movie. It also seemed more in line with the various biographies I've read..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: