Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Request Rules/ Policy change

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Request Rules/ Policy change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: UAB Request Rules/ Policy change Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to have to do this, but the queue is backing up bigtime and it seems as though there are regular listeners that seem to be monopolizing the broadcast. This is not giving other listeners a chance to listen to their requests as well. I will ask again, PLEASE be mindful of your requests. Its not fair to other UAB listeners if you're going to monopolize the broadcast for 3 hours straight. If this continues, I will have no choice but to start cancelling the offending requests.

I understand that you're all excited, believe us we are too, and we REALLY want you to have a good time, but this is a community and as such I believe everyone should be mindful of other listeners.

To help the broadcast flow smoothly, I've cut requests back to 10 per day. I think this is a good number to work with and gives a nice variety for ALL of our listeners. If this doesn't help even things out for all of our listeners, I might have to cut it back to 2 per hour Max 10 per day. I'd rather not do this as I want you all to listen to what you'd like without too much forced restriction.

All I really ask is that you think of others when you make your longer requests. If you see that other people's requests are playing regularly, I'd recommend holding off until you see a lull in these requesting habits. Likewise, please note that we have upwards of at least 20 people at any given hour listening to the broadcast. If you do happen to request a lengthy track, please don't start requesting more if the first one still hasn't played yet. To help you all out..I'll post a counter showing how many listeners are online at a given time within the next couple of days.

Thank you for your understanding. We are striving to make this a fun and VERY interactive place for fans of Disney to come and socialize and go back to their favorite theme park memories.

Regards,

-tE
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

Unfortunately, I had to knock things back to 2 requests per hour. There are still members that are requesting upwards of an hour's worth of content in 1 shot and continuing to further request lengthy tracks well before their initial selections have played.

Again, PLEASE think of others when you make your requests. If this continues, I'll start restricting request access to certain accounts. Something I REALLY don't want to do since we're all adults here.

-D
Tach
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to limit it by audio file length?

Someone could request 10 tracks, and still be under 10 minutes, while others could request 1 track that's 45 minutes.
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I'm actually looking into a concept for such a thing. Great minds think alike.

I also have started segmenting the tracks. I have something upwards of 75-100 tracks to segment. I don't forsee this taking loads of time...We shall see Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: