Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Ummmm Now Fixed (I'm sorry for doing so)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Ummmm Now Fixed (I'm sorry for doing so)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Ummmm Now Fixed (I'm sorry for doing so) Reply with quote

Now Fixed.

The infamous Disneyland Main Street Christmas Music.

This will NOT be available for requests until Christmas, and even then I'm wondering how great of an idea that is.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand your dislike for the Main Street Christmas Loop - it is not longer than some of the WDW Christmas loops and those always are welcomed with open arms ... just saying there are folks who like all the Christmas tracks and try to request equally and not so much as to offend other listeners ... we support UAB just like everyone else and should have the pleasure of hearing some of our favorite tracks even if it is for a short period of time ... just an old woman's thoughts on the whole situation ...
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was making a joke. It's not the track. It's the length. It's always an eye-roll moment when someone has a request queued up, and they know it's coming soon and then suddenly this chimes in and delays your requests for an hour +.

I keep it in because it's become infamous among the community. I added it in 2005. If I really had a problem with it, I would have cut it up by now. If you think I'm the only one that cracks jokes at it, I offer you the search button or to look at the comments on the track. Again it's all in good fun.

It is the LONGEST track by a landslide (61 minutes) to ANY other track with 1 exception, the Critter Country Christmas Music which clocks in at 53 minutes.

You must have missed the fact that I also played it for you earlier.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I am a little touchy about this I know it is long but so is EPCOT over 52 minutes and when we only have them for a short time it is nice to hear the complete track and imagine you are in the Parks experiencing all the fun and magic that is there during the Holidays... I will try and not be so sensitive ... I know there are several folks that make remarks about the Christmas tracks in general, however, I don't complain when we get 3 hours of EPCOT or another area that is their favorite ... just saying alls fair in love and war ...
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, Innoventions Christmas Loop is 52. Critter Country is only 35. Even so, that's 1 other track that's against the norm. There is literally 1 other track that is an exception.

Still, I'm not exactly sure why you're so combative over these tracks. It's OK for people to have differing opinions from yours. We joke, we laugh, we don't all think the same. If I was going to cut them up I would have done it long ago for EXACTLY the reasons you pointed out, they're available for 2 months out of the year. It's become more of a running joke, so I'm not sure why you're personalizing it as though this is a personal affliction against you.

Lets all just enjoy the music and the memories and get along. It's not intended as a personal slight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: