Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Re-Imagine ..... Main Street USA DL or is that Blasphemy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wdw might be a copy but its far superior to dl and it made the disney company what it is today and the mk is not dl and isn't a copy of it anyway dl Paris Tokyo and Hong Kong are copies the fl project is still better since so many rides and attration that dl had are here and we have the room to expand so ha dont put down wdw

ok so i made a mistake about which park we were talking about that doesnt make this a cheap imitation pal!!!!!

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides your not following your own premise since when is main street usa a land it has no land at the end of it i.e. fanastyland, tomorrowland..... and so on so main street usa should be off limits

wdw is important to me so dont put it down please

and yes ive been to both but grew up down here near wdw went to the following openings ep,ak,mgm so i love this place

eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First you all know I love WDW also and I was being funny. Second if you look at a park map it is considered "land" if you go by it having to have land at the end of it we would alos need to exclude: New Orleans Square, Liberty Square, Critter Country. and all of the other parks as well since there areas do not end in land. But let us get back to subject.

BTW for any new members Redbaron314 and I do agree on most things.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we do absolutely Go Orange and Blue oh you will route for them who ever we play in the finals right?

Sorry you can take the Gator out of Fl but never can take the Fl out of the Gator!! right

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it is the opening/closing credit, there still might be possibilities here. If the entrance to the show was the theater entrance, then that entire interior would serve as your queue area. The show itself could make use of the office and free space behind mainstreet, or possibly take them under Mainstreet to a basement level theatre for the actual show.

Rather than releasing back into mainstreet, could you release into one of the other lands?

If we are blue skying the ideas, no reason to stay on 1 level, going below grade opens up a LOT more space.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the other idea...

I think a good restaurant would be a decent idea, but would think as it is on Mainstreet, the theming would have to fit the 1920's theme. So what would that be like?

I think you would want a good restaurant, but nothing too high scale or priced.

So lets take this the next level. if we are opening this restaurant, we need to identify:
Where would the dining room be, where would you put the Kitchen and Kitchen access points for shipments.

What would the interior theme be like? fake gas lighting? would the furniture be stick, plush, victorian?

What type of Costumes would the wait staff wear?
What would the menu be?
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

victorian furniture simulated gas lights cause back then no electricity heres a thought a real cash register old fashioned type cloth to fit the period and the characters would have to know things of the time period to not get thrown off the period if you have a/c just enough to be comfortable but not cold otherwise not in period fans with belt from room to room so on and so on

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thet should be able to build a modern computer in an old style register case... That would be cool.
All art would need to be paintings or if photos, only B&W. Might have a few of the old style milk cans out front.

The cream for the coffee would need to be either in a small pitcher or in the small one serving glass bottles used back then.

What colors should we use and what are some good menu items?
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say a real time period piece for the register more authentic look and feel to cast members will have to learn how to use their brains

onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of a restaurant.

Themed to the era...sit down--GOOD FOOD--not as pricey as Blue Bayou...but I'd say make it a step up from the other NOS fare.

It would be great if it was large enough to house a character supper like they have at Liberty Tree Tavern...I don't think there is one at DLR beside Goofy's Kitchen (GAG)

Plaza on the corner could be re-done allowing for lots of space...

: )
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
While it is the opening/closing credit, there still might be possibilities here. If the entrance to the show was the theater entrance, then that entire interior would serve as your queue area. The show itself could make use of the office and free space behind mainstreet, or possibly take them under Mainstreet to a basement level theatre for the actual show.

Rather than releasing back into mainstreet, could you release into one of the other lands?

If we are blue skying the ideas, no reason to stay on 1 level, going below grade opens up a LOT more space.

If you look at a google image of Main Street at DLR, you will see there is no way they could extend the area without destroying vital CM roads for transporting goods.

With the restauraunt, I think it should be something like Narcisoose (sp?) or 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort. They are upscale, 1920's restauraunts, but no way overshadowing the premier eatery, Victoria and Alberts. In this case, it wouldn't overshadow the Blue Bayou.
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks. Sorry I got a late start to these things, but I'm in a creative mood right now,
so, here goes.

I'd definitely bring back WDS/GMWML at the Main Street Opera House, but with a much
more definitive upgrade to the show. Two words: 'Lincoln Walks!' (And before I get an
eyeful of rotten tomatoes, just think of the ASIMOV robert that was featured at Inno-
vations a couple years ago.)

Anyway, onward. The Emporium windows definitely need re-tooling, in fact the entire
store just needs - something to return to the more 'homegrown' feeling it once had.

And how's this for a radical notion. Re-align the entrances to AL and TL by bringing them
in line with the allwyways between the Emporium on one side and the General Store on
the other. That way the theme of 'America's past' from 1890s to 1880s-70s FL and 1850s-60s NOS stays intact.

As for a 2nd major attraction on MS; I can only suggest something along the lines of,
wait for it, California/Golden Dreams from DCA. Yes, I know it left alot to be desired
in terms of being an E-ticket, (or even a C-ticket), but so much the better. As a more
traditonal theater-type show, it would take up alot less space if placed, say in the area
behind the fire department, where the guided tours originate. Hey, the groups could
always meet outside the main gate if they were booked in advance.

Or else, simply split the difference: keep the WDS at the Opera House and move GMWML
to the other side as a seperate attraction altogether. That way the area literally becomes 'Liberty Square', or even "Liberty Park.

As for a new restaurant, try these. By moving AL essentially a few feet over, Coke
Corner could be enclosed and turned into a proper sit-down eatery. Or, if not, simply
enclose the Plaza Gardens, you could even keep the bandstand and install a 'house
band' to play at certain times of the day.

Whew! Well, that's as much as I can squeeze out for now. Until next post. Peace.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thread that started it all
ocmsma
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Wow - what I have missed by not participating in forums before - some really interesting things have been discussed - you know I am of the generation that first visited Disneyland the year it opened and am still amazed each time I enter the gates and go thru the tunnel to the square and head up Main Street to the Castle and beyond -- guess I am old fashioned - but find all the conjectures and ideas interesting Smile
darlinpeople
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like for there to be unique merchandise at all of the little shops, I believe that's how it used to be, but it makes shopping less fun when l know I can just go to one big store and find everything on the way out. That's what l plan to do, then I end up skipping it because I'm tired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: