Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Who's Planning a Trip to WDW

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Who's Planning a Trip to WDW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyDaddy wrote:

Very Happy Yes, a morning run would be good.
I think an early morning run on Sunday Jan,7 2007
would be good. Wink
Looking to get a nice long run in that day. Wink Very Happy

We'll have to start early before it gets too warm. Like that was a problem last year.
ksdisneyfan
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrumpyDaddy wrote:

I'm going to be in WDW in January of 2007.
I think my DW is lokking into rooms and airfare now also. Smile

Yep - planning that one and then a longer trip for February 2007. The trip in February will be mainly offsite though - we have a timeshare we're trading. When it's more than a week, this makes the trip so much more affordable. We'll probably tack on a few on-site days on one end or the other. Smile

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just booked Sept. 23rd - Sept. 30th at the Caribbean Beach with my family. New stuff for this trip:
* Keys to the Kingdom Tour (4.5 - 5 hour tour through the Magic Kingdom)
* Disney Meal Plan
* Leaving Epcot and going to the ESPN Club on the 23rd to watch my beloved Steelers crush the Cincy Bungles.

Can anyone comment on these to let me know what to expect/what not to forget to do, etc? Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
Just booked Sept. 23rd - Sept. 30th at the Caribbean Beach with my family. New stuff for this trip:
* Keys to the Kingdom Tour (4.5 - 5 hour tour through the Magic Kingdom)
* Disney Meal Plan
* Leaving Epcot and going to the ESPN Club on the 23rd to watch my beloved Steelers crush the Cincy Bungles.

Can anyone comment on these to let me know what to expect/what not to forget to do, etc? Thanks!

We've done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and loved it. We also did the Backstage magic Tour which is another excellent tour. This was a couple of years ago, so things may be different, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Start thinking now about those questions you've always wanted to ask (besides where's the bathroom and what time is the 3 o'clock parade Wink ).

napabeth
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just booked 2 nights for late September at the Sequia Lodge at Disneyland Paris. Does this count?
jp_18t
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to DINSEY WORLD!!!! Not so much for fun though. I have a job interview, and will only be there just over a day. Leave Sunday the 16th and come back the 17th. Maybe get a few hours at MGM or EPCOT. Luckily my season pass expires on the 17th!!!
Anyone here work for Disney or interview with them? What should I expect?
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there Sept. 2nd - Sept. 10th for our Honeymoon! And taking advantage of the free Dining.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jp_18t,
I had a Disney interview back in 2001 for an Imagineering ride/show position. I was a year out of college, and, as you can imagine, very very very excited to interview for the company of my dreams.

However, I was completely disappointed by the interviews for a software engineering position. The interviewers weren't very patient, would interrupt me in the middle of an answer, the pay was not that great, they seemed very distant (a far cry from the friendly CMs that you see around the park), and were surprisingly not smitten with their jobs. Upon looking at my resume, one of the major developers of Test Track asked me "It says you worked at Microsoft. WHY would you want to work here?" in a shocked tone. Needless to say, I was a bit surprised. The final straw was that they wanted me to relocate to Japan for Tokyo Disneysea for a few years, which I didn't really want to do. Since they are so driven based on the park that's the hot item at the time, they really don't have a standing workforce in one spot - for some jobs, they make you move often and have to lay people off / contract work out.

As for the interviews themselves they were pretty standard. "What do you like to do", "where do you see yourself in 5 years", "tell us about <X> on your resume", stuff like that, etc. They did take me out to lunch with 3 of them asking me questions at once, which was interesting. Maybe the interviews for your position will be totally different.

One neat thing was the Imagineering facility in Glendale, CA. Around the office they have memorabilia from around the park - A Flying Dumbo car, a Mr. Toad car, some stuff hanging from the ceiling, etc. I know you said that your interviews were in FLA, and I know that a lot of the engineering people work in what is basically tiny buildings right outside of Epcot.

Anyways, I didn't mean to burst your bubble, and there's a good chance that the rest of the company is the smiling, cheery, Disney CMs types that you're used to. I know when I've hung out with other CMs that are in the Disney College Program, they're a blast and they really have a good time.

Email me if you'd like to chat further: kurt@kurtmiller.net and I'll answer whatever questions that you have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DisneyDave
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmwade77 wrote:
We will be there Sept. 2nd - Sept. 10th for our Honeymoon! And taking advantage of the free Dining.

Well an early congratulations on your 10th Anniversary! Very Happy

Happy Anniversary Bravo
jp_18t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurt,
I had sort of already heard that the compensation package wasn't all that great. Plus, my wife will have to quit her job to move too. So, no worries about bursting my bubble.
I just received my itinerary and looks like it is basically the same as you described, including the lunch portion. I figure I at least tried and made it this far.
The position would be in Architecture and would be managing the contract help. Could be interesting, Have to see what happens.
I figure it will be a ½ day in the park, staying at a resort I have never been to (Boardwalk), eating at the places that my wife doesn’t want to, and seeing some backstage stuff. The place where most of the interview take place is behind Saratoga Springs.
Thanks for the info.
Jeff
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyDave wrote:
cmwade77 wrote:

Well an early congratulations on your 10th Anniversary! Very Happy

Happy Anniversary Bravo

That is really early, as we will be newlyweds, we are getting married this year and going Sept. 2nd through Sept. 10th for our Honeymoon, but thank you.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas when Disney will be releasing AAA discounts for room only? Seems like they are a bit late getting posted. I already have reservations, but need to call back when the discounts can be applied. I know they probably will have discounts, but I don't like to let things go too long because I start to worry. Remember what they did to annual passholder discounts last year?

And this airfare search is a pain, compounded by the fact that I am booking for 8. A certain airline that I won't mention, (But it begins with US and ends in airways) changes fare based on how many seats you want. Search for 1 and you get a great deal. Put in 8 and the price jumps $50.00 per seat. Looks like Delta will win again. (Even though dad hates Atlanta.)
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. The AAA rates were just released and I have applied them to my reservations. Also updated the ressies with ME information, and made breakfast arrangemnts for the whole crew at the Poly. (My grandson fell in love with Stitch last May.)

Only 5 months to go, and I have the counter set up on my PC so I can check everyday.

How are your plans going?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller,

you should see if they have any tickets left for the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party when you are there, awesome event...

We are probably going to attend again this year, around Oct 20 or so...
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru, thanks for the heads up. We've done that several times in the past and enjoyed it, but based on cost and the huge crowds, I think we're going to pass this year.

I love it when the park is empty - I miss the old E-ride nights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 5 of 34

Jump to: