Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Park Tracks you became familiar with because of UAB

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Park Tracks you became familiar with because of UAB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Park Tracks you became familiar with because of UAB Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about a conversation I had with a UAB listener once. They'd never been to Walt Disney World before (Westcoaster) and had gone after being a frequent listener of UAB.

They came back surprised to be familiar with WDW's music due to hearing all of the audio on the Broadcast.

I've been wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Has anyone been able to recognize music in the park due to it's play on UAB?

-tE
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha I do it all the time! Main Street Loops, area music, etc. It's really funny.

I've even been known to say "Hey, they're playing UAB here!"

kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my first visit to DCA last fall, I recognized all of the area music because of UAB. It was strange visiting someplace new, but having it seem all so familiar.

On my last visit to WDW, we were waiting at the EPCOT International Gateway entrance and I said that I request this music on UAB all the time...concerns for my sanity were expressed Wink
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, as I've gone to Disney over my early years, my Dad used to take a recorder to the parks and tape all of the audio. Many of these were old dusty cassettes that sat idle for a long time until I MP3'ed all of them. Listening to those tapes a few years back, there were a lot of tracks that I couldn't remember what they were from.

It has a lot of sentimentality for me when I hear those tracks on UAB, think of where we might have been when my Dad taped those, and think back.

I used to take Horizons and Spaceship Earth for granted when I was little (too young to appreciate them), but through UAB, I now appreciate the great musical scores of those rides.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kmiller has a great point. We get used to having music as the "background" to everything. I know when I just hear the music without a show or parade for visuals, I get hit by what geniuses created that music. How it all creates a feeling and atmosphere of its own. The music can stand by itself.
mickeem
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do walk down Main Street, and hear the background music... I like it because the normal average tourist doesn't even realize its there most of the time... I like going over the bridge to Adventureland, and hearing that background music too...
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working in one of the WDW recording studios really gave me a chance to sample it all. However, I've only been to DCA once and recognized all the tunes from UAB while there.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
So, as I've gone to Disney over my early years, my Dad used to take a recorder to the parks and tape all of the audio. Many of these were old dusty cassettes that sat idle for a long time until I MP3'ed all of them. Listening to those tapes a few years back, there were a lot of tracks that I couldn't remember what they were from.

It has a lot of sentimentality for me when I hear those tracks on UAB, think of where we might have been when my Dad taped those, and think back.

I used to take Horizons and Spaceship Earth for granted when I was little (too young to appreciate them), but through UAB, I now appreciate the great musical scores of those rides.

I hear ya....My father got a video camera in 1987, We had our first recorded trip in 1988 when I was 9, and I still watch those tapes from time to time for nostalgic reasons....I was a strange child (and an even stranger adult). Anyway, I'm really glad I was able to appreciate Horizons and WoM and EPCOT the way they were. I have video of the construction of Wonders of Life which has me remarking " Hey dad they're opening something up".

I love history.... I could care less about the rumors and the present...when today becomes yesterday....that's when i care the most (at least concerning Disney). I think too many people are hung up on "Knowing" what's going to happen as though it's some internet status symbol....That's all you see anymore...People complaining about what disney is doing next and it's always something that doesn't meet expectations....Because there's no childhood sentiment attached to it...I think being molded and impressionable as a kid really forms the foundation of likes and dislikes when you're an adult.

With modern technology and the swift travels of information, the element of surprise is lost.
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alot of the area loops....i find myself singing along
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the music piping through the house all the time my kids friends ask where is it coming from, I tell them they think it's cool. It's been said the neighborhood kids think I'm the greatest.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
LlamaLlover
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up on trips to Disneyland and LOVE being able to revist some attractions that are now closed but that I recall very fondly (the original subs, Journey Through Inner Space). However, in response to the question that started the thread, I find myself knowing a lot of the WDW tracks even though I have never been there! I hope to someday make the long trek to Florida but until then I appreciate UAB taking me on that "virtual vacation". Very Happy
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck...I hear the music even when I'm grocery shopping....is that bad?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the honor of taking two co-workers and Disney Newbies to Disneyland with me in June. I've played alot of Disney music of my own and from UAB in the office before and after the trip. Now that the 2 of them have been there, they dont complain nearly as much!! Very Happy

As we walked around the parks, I'd stop from time to time and listen... I told them I was "stopping to listen to the roses". You know the feeling of how a smell can take you to a place far away, or a time long ago... the area music is kind of like that for me.

MikeA's Web Site
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
Heck...I hear the music even when I'm grocery shopping....is that bad?

Stay on the meds and don't listen to what the voices in your head tell you to do....especially if they tell you to buy the terriyaki beef jerky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: