Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - crush's coaster

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

crush's coaster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: crush's coaster Reply with quote

I was on JimHillmedia.com today and saw that he was saying that disney is changing Mickey Avenue in MGM studios to Pixar Place and that they will be announcing that Crush's Coaster that is now at DLParis we be coming state side . They said it will be going beside Toy Story Mania. I was just wondering if anyone has read anything about this on any other sight and if so what sight did you see it on and what are your thoughts on that being a potential new ride?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the announcement about renaming Mickey Avenue, and I think that is sacrilegious.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you happen to read where the new coaster may/would go.... They would finally get rid of the Backstage Tour and Catastrophy Canyon... In fact, that is pretty much the only areas left for something that big, unless you remove Indiana Jones (which they better not do!)....
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They said it would go by toy story mania where the old who wants to be a millionaire show was.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Yee's column from 8/2 says:

Quote:
NEW! Ratatouille-themed clone of DSP’s Crush Coaster. The mostly-indoor Crush coaster at Disney Studios-Paris enjoys a great reputation and will be cloned at Pixar Place, likely with a Ratatouille theme. Earlier ideas included Monsters Inc. (specifically, the doors factory), but that appears shelved for now.

So anyone care to guess if it will be turtles or rats??
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say Crush, but in all honesty, I'd rather the Monsters door idea comes back.
They have enough Nemo... And I don't think Remy has the staying power.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamscape is also reporting that the new coaster will be based on Ratatouille:

Quote:
2009/2010 - Ratatouille Coaster - Rumor - (8/22/07) Screamscape sources have informed us that Walt Disney World management has just approved the budget to fast-track construction of a new indoor spinning roller coaster based on the film Ratatouille. As rumored for the past few weeks, the ride system will be based on the coaster design used for Crush’s Coaster that just opened earlier this summer at Walt Disney Studios Paris. This is a customized varient of the Maurer-Sohne SC-2000 layout. The new coaster is expected to be placed in the Soundstage One area right next to Toy Story Mania and construction could start within the next six months.

I think the reason it will be Ratatouille and not Crush is because WDW already has two attractions dedicated to Finding Nemo.

Personally I'd prefer something based on The Incredibles or Cars instead.

Oh, and I've heard that the same Ratatouille coaster will find its way to DCA too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: