Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Haunted Mansion Referb

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Haunted Mansion Referb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I heard a rumor that they are relocating the wand to HM.

Just kidding. It's going on the castle.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news of a soft opening for the Mansion? I am so worried it will still be closed when I'm there next weekend.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the first MNSSHP is scheduled for 9/14, I suspect they want to have the refurb completed on schedule. And there's supposed to be a special entrance for passholders on 9/14, 15, and 16.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, ok. So my best bet is to cross my fingers and hope for an early soft opening. Thanks Rita!
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures from you all are great!

I just returned from DL and saw the attic scene. I do not like the bride. Too gruesome for me. It cements in a story line of a killing bride when most of the previous storylines all had the husband doing the killings or her getting killed accidentally or by suicide to excape the husband. It just strikes me as if an imagineer is getting back at someone for a failed marriage. It seems to remove some of the "fun" and replace it with nastyness. I go to WDW and DL to escape those headlines.

I enjoyed the ride and the effects are good. I guess I am still to chigvalic and the idea of a "killing bride" goes against the grain for me...
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now the official word from Disney about the Mansion:

From the Disney Insider

Making the Haunts Even Happier

That old, creepy, uninhabited mansion -- you know, the one where you sometimes hear mysterious sounds and see eerie apparitions? I think something's going on up there. Ever since June, I seem to hear weird noises in the dead of night ... noises suspiciously like hammering and sawing. But none of the 999 permanent residents seem to be leaving the joint. Is it possible that that place is going to get even SPOOKIER?

That's right -- in case you haven't heard the news through the ghoulish grapevine, the Magic Kingdom Park's venerable Haunted Mansion is getting a facelift. New details are being added to reward sharp-eyed spookhunters, and some high-tech magic is being put to use to create old-fashioned thrills. Kathy Rogers, Senior Show Producer for the attraction, told us what to expect if you dare to venture through the doors of this most beloved attraction, which is slated to reopen this month.

"For several months, our team has been "illusioneering," making the invisible, visible," explains Kathy. "For example, a previously unseen wing of the Mansion has been revealed for the first time. Observant Guests will see more of the 999 happy haunts cavorting on a seemingly endless staircase leading to secret realms. Watch closely and you'll see evidence of these residents -- their glowing footprints, candles going out -- is it the wind or did someone blow them out? It's for you to decide. Other haunts reveal themselves in the mansion's infamous Corridor of Doors -- don't blink or you'll miss the clues!"

The Haunted Mansion is one of the Disney Theme Park attractions that have inspired legions of passionate fans. The last thing anyone wanted to do was to change the experience in a way that would disappoint Guests, and Kathy and her team were acutely aware of the necessity to "strengthen the story, and not change it." So in many cases they expanded on the lore that already existed -- as in Kathy's own favorite addition: "In the attic the long, sad tale of Constance on her wedding days finally comes to light. For almost 40 years, our Guests have come face to face with Constance the bride. Now it's time for them to meet her and her grooms face to face -- all five of them! They all loved Constance," she laughs. "In fact, you could say they lost their heads over her."

In addition to adding to the story, the Imagineers are taking advantage of some technological advances since the Mansion first saw the light of day. You won't be overwhelmed with high-tech bells and whistles that disturb the eerie atmosphere, but, Kathy promises, "Imagineers constantly look for new ways to combine compelling stories with new technologies. As we've worked to enhance Haunted Mansion, we've added a few surprises that may make the ghosts seem a little closer than before."

So whether it's your first visit to the Mansion or your hundredth, when Guests are allowed to enter that elegant but eerie house again, keep your eyes peeled. You never know when you'll stumble across the evidence of a haunt you haven't encountered before! And remember -- there's always room for one more.

kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone going to the World today to check out HM - did it really reopen today?

Inquiring minds want to know Shocked
doombuggy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mansion has reopened today as scheduled, with the updates.
1974 - 1983 WDW day trips*1992 WDW offsite*94 Contemporary*97 WDW offsite*97 Polynesian*98 PAC DL*99 DLH*00 Port Orleans & Coronado*01 WDW offsite*02 DLH*02 HHB*03 POR*03 HHB*04 Moved to Orlando*06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 OKW*07 VWL* 08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 SSR*10 DLP
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh boy!!! 23 days until I get to see it in person!!!!
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mansion is just flat out awesome! It was before and it is even more so now! The changes are fantastic. LOVE the new sound system and the new "addtions". Can't wait to ride again tomorrow
penguin
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are heading to WDW on Saturday for 8 wonderful days. Can't wait to see the new HM. This is my favorite ride, and I was worried that the rehab would take longer and I would miss the opening.

Great news to hear it has reopened. Looking forward to the trip even more now.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the reopening by two days. Sad We have some leftover days on our tickets from a trip we did several years ago, and I am seriously considering driving down there in January to ride the HM.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going in the end of October. Our plans were NOT go to MK because its close to DL so figured its not worth it. NOW I HAVE A REASON!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: