Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Any thought to what will Fill Thur &Sat Broadcasts for U

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Any thought to what will Fill Thur &Sat Broadcasts for U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Any thought to what will Fill Thur &Sat Broadcasts for U Reply with quote

I know we discussed this in July or August last year..... Any thoughts to fill those days or portion there of with a certain type of fun broadcast.

My thought back then was an attractions only hour. Maybe a different park each hour. Only attractions from a certain park for that hour. Or a RIDE ONLY hour begin with the pre show area through the queue and the attraction itself.

Just throwing out a topic that I know was brought up last year, figured I would put new life into this topic Smile [/b]
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really try to make it to chat this friday as this is the topic. I know many of the mods and Admins will be there to see what they members want out of UAB and it would be a great place to ask this question and get an answer. I love your Idea by the way. I hope to see you in chat
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about doing an hour in each land as we work our way around a park?

Start at Main Street for an hour, or 30 mins, or whatever, then the next section of time would be in Adventureland, then Frontierland, etc, etc... until the hour, or two or three is filled.

And you could do the same with each park. Start in Futuerworld and work your way back, or Sunset Boulevard and across, and however you want to travel the Animal Kingdom.

It could be just attractions, or just the area music or whatever.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lot of full hours....

I miss all the programming in the week...I've caught countdown and tE's around the parks (I don't remember what it's called) but an hour at a time is nice...

I like hearing some of the more obscure tracks mixed in with the favorites! I dunno...the broadcast is the best around...I know admin is working very hard dealing with the server issues and such...the fact they have it up and running almost ALL the time is amazing....and for that I am grateful.

: )
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of these ideas are similiar to the ones in the UAD forum with a similer title... I recall one was touring the parks like a guest, and playing trracks that map to the parks, Rides only was mentioned, as was shows etc...
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see those spots filled with a little something.... the countdowns and DW explorer and disneyland is great I think we should get a little ride only hours or such.... just an idear!~!!!!
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. OK, I know I'm repeating myself here but I do tend to go overboard sometimes. Anyway I do feel having a "rides only" or "lands only" programe would be just perfect for this type of broadcast. You could put the "rides only" section on Friday when people are still likely to be at work or school and have limited to enjoy listening. On Saturday the "lands only" or "virtual tour" would be easier since more people are able to catch a full broadcast all at once. Well howeveryou decide, (if at all), I know I'll be there to enjoy every minute of it. Later, peace.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could do a true virtual vacation in where the host displays the itinerary upfront (i.e. on this trip we are visting WDW of the 1970's, in where we would arrive at the Poly, then visit Mr. Toad's, If You Had Wings, and 20K. Another trip could be themed around turn of the century entertainment, so we arrive at Boardwalk, then visit Carousel of Progress, and so on.) I think it's a cool idea, may need some help with the execution. In which I would LOVE to help, host. What do you guys think?
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your idea is graet Jahosifatz!!That would be cool to see how others go through the parks starting with hotel music and so on.GREAT IDEA!!!!!!
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

working on it...particularly for the start of the jamboree.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I'd also be interested in the through a park walk. which has been suggested several times.

I'd like it to take a more leisurely approach. You start at the hotel, transport ride to the park, gate music, if breakfasting in park, a track from that, then a track marking the progression, with the street performers, the queue music, the ride, the exit music, area music to transition to the next ride etc. End of the time, we simply stop where we are and resume from that point next week. WE stop for snacks, lunch, places for the little kids to rest, place for parents to sit down and catch a show/parade. Stay for extra hours , or go back to the hotel and the end of the day, with tracks from the hotel playing...

I like this idea for several reasons. First it would just be fun.
Second, we could tie it in with a park map(s) and highlight the progression on the map as we go. We could make it a contest where folks have to take a map image, and they have to map the progression, placing a star or number that matches each track played along the way, with a winner selected from the person with the most accurate map across the multi-day journey.

We could use polls to drive it like you would in the real park. Post a poll "After we ride the xxxx ride, where would you lik to go next, lunch, ride xxxxx, show yyyyy." ? The answer is then used in subsequent broadcasts. I think ti might even be fun to mix things from across the various years. Original tiki room, then new Alladdin's oasis.

Or we could ask our resident trivia experts to post a question about a track, with out mentioning it... "What year did the ride from the last track of the broadcast open or last get refurbished?" What is the latest attraction in the area containing the last attraction played? What year did this park change xxxxx.... etc.

Here is where we could add the challenge, we could make a run across the park to get a fast-pass part of it and then toss in area music to track that dash. That would make tracking it much more of a challenge. We might consider removing the "most recent tracks" display during this broadcast as well.

Lots of potential for good clean fun.

I'd also be willing to try and help out with this...
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of great ideas for this and maybe will send the "powers that be" some mock-ups. I think it'd be cool.
JTToad
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been bouncing the idea around in my head of a different land each day. Even if its just for a half hour.
So Monday could be Adventureland, and it could be area/queue music and maybe one whole ride thru or something like that. Then Tuesday could be Frontierland, Wednesday Tomorrowland, etc, etc, etc...

Although, I guess Wednesday really should be Anything Can Happen Day... Very Happy
blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again folks. Seeing by all the response this topic's been getting lately I have a couple more suggestions. I was thinking that if you do "all lands" programs you could try mixing some old and new attractions just for fun. This would allow for a more complete and detailed 'view' of the different areas of the parks, as well as keep a chronological record of all the refurbs and improvements over the years. I know it might seem a little more complicated than just a set tour, ( I can speak from experience on how hard it is to keep EVERYTHING straight). Anyway, just another batch of wishful thinking on my part. Later, peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: