Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - DVC has a dining plan now!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

DVC has a dining plan now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: DVC has a dining plan now! Reply with quote

Hey there,

I talked with DVC today, and found out the details...Its just like the other dining plan offered to regular ticket holders. The cost is $37.99 for adults and 10.99 for children. I think this price includes gratuity and taxes. It includes one sit down meal (nice place) with an appetizer, meal, dessert and cola, one counter service meal with a combo meal or an entree and dessert, and one snack.

I already had reservations for the Hoop Dee Doo...this is covered by this plan, but Lindsey (very nice lady who helped me today) said it was cheaper to pay for it outright instead of using up 2 meals. Also, the Fantasmic dinner package is covered, but this is also 2 meals.

I think this is going to work out to be a very good deal, especially for children. I'm going to sit down tonight and figure out what I will be saving, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with this when we go down in May.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great to hear! We'll have to look into whether or not it will save us some money when we're there in Marpril.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I'm not sure when the plan takes effect for DVC. You may be able to use it for the "pril" part of the trip, but definitely not the "Mar" part. I know it's supposed to be active sometime in April. You should call MS and find out for sure.

Another important factor is that everyone on the reservation MUST use buy the plan. So if you're going with a large group you can't choose the plan for some people and not others.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Rita! We'll have to check into that. We will have 2 additional guests with us that trip that might NOT want to use the plan. Oh well, we always have our Disney's Dining Experience card that has more than paid for itself by now and still in effect when we're there in Marpril. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rita is right, it doesn't go into effect until April 1st.

I sat down to figure things out last night, and some days will be worth it, so won't. The days we go to the nice restaurants, yes. The days we do the characters buffets...not really.

A good point about the program is that it allows you to prepay for the food. That's good, so I won't worry about running my credit cards up sky high, or have to take as much cash with me.

A bad point about the program, you'll probably end up eating more than you would have otherwise... But hey, its vacation! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: