Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Greetings from Gurnee, Illinois

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Greetings from Gurnee, Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> True-Life Adventures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Gurnee, Illinois Reply with quote

First of all, let me say what an honor it was to have a celebrity like Figment, visit our home. He was very kind, well mannered, and humble. Certainly not what we expected from a huge star, like him.

Our first stop was a quick run over to Gurnee Mills, one of the top 5 largest malls in the United States! After snapping this picture at the main entrance, Figment was swamped by autograph hounds. We decided it best to retreat to our home, and save him from being torn to shreds by his throngs of fans.

We pulled into the driveway, and gave Figment the grand tour. Below is a picture of him on his favorite rock. He would spend hours a day there, reading Chaucer and Shelly.

I was about to do some lawn work, when I asked Figment if he wanted to help....

"Can I drive the Lawn Mower?", he asked. I had to think about this for a moment, because honestly, he can't reach the controls. I told him I could certainly let him give it a try, but only in low gear.

He didn't do a half bad job! Aside from scaring a few squirrels, and accidentally running over the garden hose.

It was a pretty hot day, so he stopped for a quick drink of water by the fountain...

Figment was pretty tired from all the traveling, and the lawn work, so we called it a night. He needed a good rest, since we were taking him somewhere special the next day...

Having seen his share of Theme Parks...we weren't sure how our local park would measure up. We told him that there were a TON of roller coasters at Six Flags. He was feeling adventurous, so we took him on the American Eagle. The worlds largest wooden racing roller coaster.

We picked a really good day to go, and the lines were very short. We got right on without hardly a wait. To tell the truth...the lines were SO short, we kinda whizzed right past the sign that mentions the hieght restrictions. Since no one stopped us...we thought we were good to go....

I guess not!

We decided to find something else to ride. Something a bit more his speed (or lack there of)...we let him decide.

After a few revolutions, Figment stopped by the corporate offices, to see a friend of his, who works for Warner Bros. We asked around, and finally found him...

They caught up on old times, did lunch, exchanged numbers, and said their farewells.

Back home Figment took a nap on the swing. If you have the pleasure of hosting one of his visits...here's a funny thing....he always seems to sleep with his mouth open.....and he snores.

Having Figment visit, was certainly a joy. He told us of all his wonderful adventures with all the other UAB members. We told him thanks, but we've seen all the posts in the forums, and heard all the stories before. He kinda shrugged it off.

We will all miss Figment, and look forward to seeing what he does and where he goes next. Well...almost all of us. I don't think our cat, Biggs, will miss him at all. He seemed to be a bit jealous of all the attention....

...he'll get over it....

Last edited by Ellory on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Figment was a true gentledinosaur for you guys! Love the pictues and the story that went with them. I can't wait to see what Figment does next.

One questions though, did Figment get sick on the roller coaster? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That little guy sure gets around and has a good time. I noticed when he was here that he slept with his mouth open and snored. I do the same thing and figured it was just the Guinness.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good trip! Looks like he hit your place during the right season...not sure how he'd enjoy the ice and snow Wink

Thanks for sharing such a fun adventure!

: )
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Figment had a good time. I think he was supposed to come into the city, I'll have to check with Bruce.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, that was the plan...but we had to re-arrange the schedule a bit. John is heading off on a vacation, and we thought it better for Figment to join him. You are at the top-ish of the list. Not sure sure exactly where, though.

Since I knew you'd be getting him at some point, I didn't want to take him downtown. I figured you'd rather do that.... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pics - thanks for sharing.

Looks like ol' Figment is having a great summer!

Very Happy
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! He moves around. Mass, CT, Illinois, CA. Has he made it out of the country yet though?

I am glad he got a chance to mow the lawn. I hope you gave him the "Please keep your hands and feet in the lawnmower chair at all times while the ride is moving" speech. Judging from the Six Flags pictures, they obviously did not make that speech.

You said Biggs was upset. Was she perchance outside when Figgy tried his hand at mowing?
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Biggs is a people-cat...but he apparently isn't into dragons. Especially ones who get more attention than he does!

As for Figment going outside of the country.......

.....not yet...... Scratching Chin

"Hands and feet inside the mower.....because of his size...he didn't have much chioce...but I probably should have mentioned something.... Wink
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Figment had a blast. What his assessment of the competitions idea of a theme park?

Shame about the rollercoaster, good thing he has wings.
MikeA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you showed Figment a good time. Your place looks beautiful too by the way.
How did he and sylvester get along. You gotta look out for those puddy-tats ya know!
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Perhaps Biggs spelled "the other cat" meaning Sylvester and got jealous?
CTKnight3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Perhaps Biggs spelled "the other cat" meaning Sylvester and got jealous?

SMELLED, not Spelled
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Dragons and Domesticated Cats suppose to be mixing?
I say lets mix metaphors and let sleeping cats lie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> True-Life Adventures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: