Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 243, 244, 245  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windy for most of the day, causing my next-door neighbor's wife's windchimes to have a time of it today. I have a hate-tolerate relationship with those because their jingling news of high winds makes me worried here in Southern California, with wildfire season at other times of the year. However, I tolerate it because it lets me know how high the winds are when I'm not outside.

58 degrees right now. Nice day otherwise today, especially in the late afternoon when the winds died down. There are very few sights in my neighborhood that make me wish I was a photographer in addition to being a writer, but lately, a mallard duck has been using the community pool as its own pond. I admire that, particularly since the pool isn't yet open to residents for the year. Just watching it glide smoothly across the water, dipping its head in occasionally, it's a sense of peace I enjoy greatly. A few nights ago it was still in the pool after dark, but lately it prefers being there in the late afternoon and by the time it gets dark, it's gone.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting out clear and cold with the temp at 33 degrees this monring.

Mostly clear today with a high temp of 52 degrees. Smile
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 59 degrees and Sun when I drove home from work today. So nice outside!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't buy the NOAA's current temperature for Saugus as 78 degrees. I imagine that they haven't updated it in a few hours. 74 or 75 at best right now.

Regardless of that, it's really nice outside right now, with birds chirping, which won't be heard like this when the Santa Ana winds blow late Thursday into Friday morning. Not as bad as later times in the year, but still something I don't like.
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winds today have been gusting from the northwest and have occasionally turned my next-door neighbor's wife's windchimes into an amateur orchestra. But I hate how this is seen by the National Weather Service and the local news as "breezy" conditions. This isn't breezy. This is "knock you on your rear" windy. On top of this, we're getting some Santa Ana winds tonight from the northeast tonight into tomorrow morning and I hope they die down by the afternoon, because two days at a time is all I can handle of this.

Even though I've lived here for 5 and 1/4 years, I still can't understand how people can easily live like this. I guess it's like the hurricanes I lived through in Florida. But then, Florida was never bent on the Apocalypse many times a year, as it is in Southern California, with the ground continually shaking now under the Salton Sea area and these Santa Ana winds.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a little rain last night and some mist or sprinkles still around with temps
starting off at 36 degrees.

Some clearing today with a high around 55 degress.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainy and cold. around low 40's.
GrumpyDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some mist, clouds and fog this morning but a not so bad 39 degrees to start
off the morning.

Mostly cloudy today with the temps getting to the low 40's.

Rain coming in tonight and tomorrow. Rolling Eyes
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cold and overcast around mid 40's. Rain coming...
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today had the kind of breeze I like, one with a moderately-loud voice that rustles the leaves on the trees as if it has a beef with them, but doesn't get any gustier than that. 76 degrees today on top of it.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40's overcast and rainy. not a good outdoor day.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got about 7 inches of snow here overnight. As I mentioned in another forum...I am NOT snow-blowing! I am locking myself in the house for 2 days, listening to UAB, doing a little online business for our company, and chilling out.
I hear the snow-blowers going all over the neighborhood...but, heck...it's going to 50 degrees on Tuesday...so why bust my tail, for what is quite probably the last snow of the season. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
We got about 7 inches of snow here overnight. As I mentioned in another forum...I am NOT snow-blowing! I am locking myself in the house for 2 days, listening to UAB, doing a little online business for our company, and chilling out.
I hear the snow-blowers going all over the neighborhood...but, heck...it's going to 50 degrees on Tuesday...so why bust my tail, for what is quite probably the last snow of the season. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy it!

I couldn't agree with you more Ellory. I'd probably do the same thing. I'll be happy when we hear there will be NO more snow for this year.

We've got rain today with temps in the low 40s. Nice day to stay in and relax. Dori's bringing the baby over this afternoon for us to watch him, so it will be great to just chill.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50's and windy. clear skies...
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
50's and windy. clear skies...

yup.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 243, 244, 245  Next
Page 73 of 245

Jump to: