Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Preview of DCA's World of Color Show

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Preview of DCA's World of Color Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Preview of DCA's World of Color Show Reply with quote

Everyone knows that Disneyland is got this nighttime magical promotion going on, which includes the recent referbed Fantasmic and MSEP, btu teh biggest component will be not ready until next year: DCA's World of Color...

World of Color will be performed in the DCA lagoon (which is why the lagoon is drained and a ton of work going on) over in Paradise Pier. The new lagoon show is a part of the overall transformation and rebuilding of the Paradise Pier section of the part.

If you haven't read anything about World of Color, it is a nightime lagoon show that blends portions of Fantasmic, Reflections of Earth, and fireworks into a new massive show (that will fill the whole lagoon). The show will feature giant water fans (with HD projections), water jets, ultra-bright LED lights, pyro/firework elements, music, video, etc....

Last week the Blue Sky Cellar was redone with concept artwork, previews, and videos featuring this new and exciting show.

You can check out the new artwork and videos over at the Disney and More Blog, so head over and check out the cool stuff!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url="http://www.screamscape.com/html/disney_s_california_adventure.htm"]Screamscape has a ton of technical details regarding this show:

2010 - Disney’s World of Color - (8/14/09) A couple of weeks back Disney uncovered some of the hardware facts about the new World of Color show that I had somehow missed. It was nice to see that most of the items I had previously heard about as rumors have come true, with the exception being the number of fountains in the show. All said and done the show will feature 1,200 fountains, not the rumored 2,200… but that’s still a lot of fountains no matter how you slice it, each hooked up to an LED light ring able to create virtually any color in the spectrum. The fountains come in different sizes of course, able to shoot water anywhere from 30 to 200 feet in the air.
The Water Whips are in… 187 of them to be exact, able to spin, tilt, point and shoot water virtually anywhere in any direction. The Fire Whips are also in the show… 12 of them mounted to the same kind of device as the Water Whips. There will also be 24 more non-moving flame throwers as well.
An army of 29 digital HD video projectors will also be placed to cover the lake area as needed to allow for the creation of the world’s largest water/mist screen that will be 380 feet wide and 50 feet tall. With the projectors they will bring animated features like Alice in Wonderland, Lion Kingd, Toy Story, WALL-E and Pocahontas to life in all new ways. The show will also feature a good mix of other special effects such as lasers, fog machines, scenic elements up to 80 feet tall, and an impressive surround sound system to surround you for the entire 25 minute experience.

Source: Sreamscape; http://www.screamscape.com/html/disney_s_california_adventure.htm

Sounds impressive and I hope this is totally cool!

This show is obviously a next gen version of Fantasmic, which in turn was a next gen version of Splashtacular... Could the tech from this be used for the long rumored new fireworks show at Epcot?
zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at all of the platforms and fixtures exposed by the drained lake is phenominal. I can already tell you this is going to be a very good show.

I dont see it going to Epcot though, only in that DCA's lagoon legally cannot shoot fireworks because of how close the guests are to any part of the lagoon. Epcot's lagoon is so much bigger, making fireworks an option in their show.
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think SOME portions of it would fit well into Epcot. The display screen "wall of water" and other features would be nice and they can keep the fireworks easily because they are transportable barges. Perhaps the wall of water would make seeing some of those images on the globe easier BUT a wall does not relate well to 360 degrees and that is a big problem when looking at Epcot.

Honestly though, While I would like to see some improvements to Epcot just because plussing a show is good, I would hate to see the drained lagoon for two years or so. Seeing the drained lagoon at DCA is getting kinda tiresome because while it promises a future great show, right now it is just ugly. I know speeding up the process was more expensive but it seems to take forever and the water does provide a better and more relaxing view.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disney is scheduled to start the refilling of the DCA Lagoon any day now and I found this cool article about it. Apparently, Disney purified and stored the water they pumped out of the lagoon, just to pump it back in. Disney is being praised for their conservation efforts because of this. You can read the article here: http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2009/10/21/disney-recycles-bay-water-in-visionary-way/22509/
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I missed in that article, Rivers of America will be drained next year... That means the closure of Mark Twain, Columbia, Tom Sawyer's Island, etc... Bummer!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a lot of hardware got placed in that lagoon.

I was also surprised, the lagoon does not look that deep. particularly to hold 16 million gallons
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LET LOSE THE KRAKEN!

They have finally started to fill the lagoon... trying to make it a little more exciting...
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only I hope for is that UAB will get their hands on the audio of the 25 minute show so we can listen to it all the time! Very Happy

When is it opening?
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More photos and videos from the filling of the lagoon: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dateline-disneyland/1287-refilling-paradise-bay-houdini-moves-holiday-merchandise-more.html

Is it just me or is the "lagoon watching" is starting to be covered like the building of Everest or the wand removal from SSE... Stay tuned for more photos and videos of moving water later today!! Rolling On Floor
MedievalBoy14
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am excited to see World of Color and all the new stuff that are going to added to DCA, bt I really feel that building DCA in the first place was a bad idea.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another amazing video of recent testing... this show looks like it is going to be amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoUPQKDeG8c
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughtplace.com has a user submitted video of a full show test recently done at DCA... The bad thing is because of the angle of the video, it is nearly impossible to see the projections themselves: http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-1024.asp

After watching this show, I doubt it would ever be done here at WDW... With the amount of water that the show uses, locals would FREAK! Even though I'm sure Disney is using reclaimed water, closed system, etc.... people would still have a cow about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: