Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz'

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz' Reply with quote

Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz' (& Downey?)
By Nikki Finke | Tuesday June 15, 2010 @ 4:10am PDT

UPDATE: Let me confirm that Sam Raimi is set to direct Disney's extravagant 'Wizard of Oz' 3D prequel. I understand that talks to hire Raimi for Oz: The Great And Powerful turned into a deal last night finalized by CAA. It's a coup for new studio bosses Rich Ross and Sean Bailey, who are rolling the dice big-time by hoping that this pic will be a global hit like the billion-dollar-grossing Alice In Wonderland. "Robert Downey Jr. isn't set yet. They are going to develop for him, if things go right. The script will be rewritten," one of my sources says. "The movie will happen, though." Downey would play the Wizard Of Oz before he became the Wizard Of Oz circa the 1939 iconic film: he's in fact a circus wrangler transported by tornado to the mysterious world of Oz where he gets mistaken for a know-it-all. This will be Raimi's first firm project since he exited Spider-Man 4, which prompted Sony Pictures to reboot the entire franchise earlier this year. Now the only question is whether Sam Raimi can do what Tim Burton just did.

Source: Deadline.com; http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/sam-raimi-hired-to-direct-downey-in-oz/

This has actually been a rumored project for a while, this is the first real confirmation of anything, let alone the director. Wonder if Disney could fit Johnny Depp in there anywhere... two hot commodities in Depp and Downey.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz' Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
[i]Wonder if Disney could fit Johnny Depp in there anywhere... two hot commodities in Depp and Downey.

...Or Bruce Campbell. Scratching Chin
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz' Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:

Well duh.... ! Smile

I'm a huge BC fan! In this version, do you think the Wizard's Wagon will be made from the Olds 88?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Disney could make a movie without Johnny Depp. While his role in Pirates is great, I wasn't thrilled with Alice. In fact I wasn't thrilled with the entire movie.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Raimi Hired To Direct 'Oz' Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
sarah91182 wrote:

Well duh.... ! Smile

I'm a huge BC fan! In this version, do you think the Wizard's Wagon will be made from the Olds 88?

Hahaha YES! ...Or as long as there is a Boomstick involved!
bullfrog117
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: They're Focusing on The Wizard?!?! Reply with quote

Frankly I'd be much more interested in a film version of the musical Wicked which technically involves the Wizard coming to Oz, but obviously doesn't focus on him. Oh well. Sam Raimi is incredibly talented!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I'm going to jump on the Bruce Campbell bandwagon. We started watching Burn Notice on USA just because he's in it. Thankfully, it turned out to be a good show. Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first saw Bruce Campbell in Brisco County Jr. A great series I recommend to anyone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Your In-Flight Entertainment All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: