Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Mickey Mouse statues beeing vandalized

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Mickey Mouse statues beeing vandalized

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:58 am    Post subject: Mickey Mouse statues beeing vandalized Reply with quote

Another Mickey Mouse vandalized
June 23rd, 2010, 5:04 pm · 6 Comments · posted by Mark Eades

Another Mickey Mouse statue has been vandalized.

This time, its the one dressed in the uniform of the Kansas City Royals that was on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

“It was removed and was damaged too severely to be repaired. We are looking into replacing it,” said Matt Bourne, a spokesman for Major League Baseball.

The statue was part of a promotion by Disney and Major League Baseball for the upcoming All-Star Game.

Yesterday, we at AroundDisney.com reported that a Mickey Mouse statue dressed in a Boston Red Sox uniform at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana was damaged and removed.

There are 36 of the statues, placed throughout Orange, Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties. They are part of a contest to promote the All-Star Game at Angel Stadium on July 13.

Source: OC Register; http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2010/06/23/another-mickey-mouse-vandalized/48387/

Here is some information about the statues and the contest: http://www.ocregister.com/news/statues-251960-league-star.html or you can try this one: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2010/index.jsp?content=disney
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a shame, but at the same time, I'm not surprised (and it's sad that I'm not surprised). Team loyalty runs deep in many. These probably would have been better suited as displays in each team's parks (negating bringing "awareness" to Californians, I suppose).

How many back-ups are on hand of each statue where they can be replaced? All-Star break is only a few weeks away.

And although I must admit to schadenfreude in the case of the Red Sox statue, I wouldn't want that happening to my team's statue.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad.

I know lots of fans are very serious about their teams, BUT!!!

To vandalize a MLB symbles to promote all of baseball getting together
to celabrate the game, I don't get it???

And poor Mickey get caught in the middle.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit tougher feeling on this... Baseball or not, if it not yours, you do not touch it,

Vandalism is simply a lack of respect for yourself and others.

No excuse for this.
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame Brazilian soccer fans. They are an out of control bunch.

Warning to all MA residents. Stay off the streets today. Brazil is playing Protugal. I predict riots in Framingham, Fall River, and New Bedford. (All places where English is a second language.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: