Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Your Way Show Randomizer...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Your Way Show Randomizer...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> White Courtesy Phone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: UAB Your Way Show Randomizer... Reply with quote

I was wondering if the users chosen at random are based on a dynamic list that changes automatically with status upgrades, or if it's a static list that needs to be manually updated or maintained?

Since I've started keeping the play lists from all of the members as they play in the show, I've noticed that (aside from Kati24, who appears to be the default user that the system falls back on when something breaks), a lot of the same names continue to appear, while many others who I see contributing to the site have never had a show in all my time here. I still chalk it up to the luck of the draw, but there does seem to be a little bit of a pattern emerging over the last couple of months. A lot of the names started repeating, and it just seems like there are so many more users with Copper status or above who aren't really showing up in the shows.

Including today's show, here's a list of all of the shows of which I am aware, since some time around the end of June (which is the vast majority of them, since I rarely miss work on Tuesdays and almost always listen while I'm at work, especially Tuesdays):

User Total
Kati24 8
C33 3
LlamaLlover 3
napabeth 3
Saffron 3
swimasb 3
cydneyland 2
dickdisney 2
Disney3xJC 2
jahosifatz 2
kmiller15211 2
Kray 2
mrsguru 2
wdwaddict 2
WOKcreative 2
allgold 1
archerhawk 1
daguru 1
dlears 1
Dyemooch 1
Figmentathm 1
JTToad 1
kjturmel 1
mdegrand 1
onecutemoose 1
RavenStGermaine 1
sarah91182 1
theEpiphany 1
Therewasatime 1
WDWFan 1
zeppelindude 1

That's 31 total users who have had shows through about 64 total shows.

I don't know. I could be something worth looking into, or it could, like I said, just be dumb luck. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Sorry to be a pain.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak to the programming involved, but you have to be Copper status and have at least 50 tracks in your favorites. It's also possible that this is the entire pool of people to pick from.

Oh, and in your list, you left out DaveyPoo and ltldeb. We've each had a turn (on the same day, no less!)

eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I qualify and I think it's a conspiracy against all the Poly Tracks. Very Happy Like when a certain member of the Admin replaced the Poly tracks with Off Kilter. Mad
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going on your theory im Gold status and almost 200 faves in my list and I still haven't seen it so but that's OK so who knows

Don't mean to be a squeaky wheel but hey squeak squeak I mean the randomizer is programmed by a person who can make mistakes so no biggy I'll get my day hopefully soon maybe my faves aren't varied enough eatmon I agree about the off kilter tracks Mad Mad

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not in the programming squad, and do not know the total pool, but with the exception of the Kati spike, that list is looking like the start of a standard deviation, which is what I would have expected.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
I can't speak to the programming involved, but you have to be Copper status and have at least 50 tracks in your favorites. It's also possible that this is the entire pool of people to pick from.

Oh, and in your list, you left out DaveyPoo and ltldeb. We've each had a turn (on the same day, no less!)

Yeah, I was only going back six months, and I've definitely missed two full days in there because of vacations, plus a few afternoon shows when I was in impromptu meetings. I'm sure there's a bit more variety than the list reflects.

Seriously, though, if this is close to an accurate representation of the people who are Copper or above with actual favorite lists, I think we need to get the word out there to others to get their lists populated. The more people in the pool, the more variety in the shows. I'd like to see as much as possible, you know? These shows are an interesting way to see people's personalities. I like that.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I'm not in the programming squad, and do not know the total pool, but with the exception of the Kati spike, that list is looking like the start of a standard deviation, which is what I would have expected.

Well, yeah, but that would be based upon the total number in the pool. If the pool is around 45 people, then the numbers are very typical, but if the list is around 70 people or even more, then it is definitely skewed for some reason.

Unfortunately, based on what I said in my previous post up there, I think it's more likely closer to 45 or 50, and I'm sure there are a lot more than that many people with at least Copper status. It's just that not all of them have taken advantage of the My Favorites function, which is a shame.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
I know I qualify and I think it's a conspiracy against all the Poly Tracks. Very Happy Like when a certain member of the Admin replaced the Poly tracks with Off Kilter. Mad

Dude! You HAVE to admit, that was one of the best pranks ever! EPIC!!

eatmon74

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know and I do not want it to be forgotten! Laughing I love that kinda of stuff.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like that was before my time here, but that's awesome.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
I know and I do not want it to be forgotten! Laughing I love that kinda of stuff.

Except for the fact that eatmon WASN'T EVEN LISTENING that day... I don't know what is funnier, the prank itself or the fact that he wasn't listening Smile

Ah, the good old days... Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are the admins ever going to reverse that? replace the off kilter tracks with poly?
eatmon74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it as the Poly vs. Off Kilter war has come to an unofficial truce. It was a fun time to be on UAB though. And i think the fact that i was not listening but still requesting tracks that day may have been the funniest part of that prank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> White Courtesy Phone All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: