Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney-Pixar Studios?!?! ºoº

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney-Pixar Studios?!?! ºoº
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I much prefer just going with Disney Studios... Adding Pixar does not add anything to the name...
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad That picture is depressing! I remember just a year ago they called it Disney-MGM Studios Crying or Very sad
lajeff76
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buses have just said "Studios" for a while now, and they've been talking about changing the name of the park for years, so some form of change is bound to happen soon.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the official website still says Disney-MGM Studios...not that they are always 100% up to date--just something i noticed

: )
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have to see what happens I suppose, really I could understand removing MGM, after all if MGM doesn't want to continue their partnership or wants more money or something it's their choice, not Disney's. But to make it Pixar doesn't make much sense to me, removing muppets wouldn't be required either as it is owned by Disney, not MGM.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll miss the MGM name. For me and my family, we always called the park "MGM'. Never studios, or Disney Studios, or anything. As long as the old Hollywood theme isn't redone, or the classics being ripped out of TGMR, it's no big deal though. besides a couple of million dollars in signage. I remember though, the idea of dropping MGM has been around for such a long time. Maybe now that Eisner is out, MGM will reconsider sticking around with Disney. MGM brings up emotions of Hollywood in it's golden age. Pixar just doesn't fit. A Pixar studios lot on the park makes better sence. It does seem tough like Pixar is becoming too much of a presence in the theme parks, and some people are starting to not like it. I personally don't wanna see any more Pixar anything in Tomorrowland. Renaming Disney MGM to Disney Pixar just wouldn;t work without rethemeing much of the park. I'm sure though that Disney know's that's a bad move.
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it always called Disney-MGM Studios, or way back when it opened was it just called MGM Studios? Doug has a t-shirt from one of our first trips, and it only says MGM on it. But that could have just been what they were selling at the time.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if he's got a shirt, that's all the proof I need. I do remember it being called Just MGM Studios. I remember thinking, how can Universal have a Universal Studios, and Disney have an MGM studios? Doesn anyone have a guide book or park map from 1989? That would be interesting to see. Has anyone noticed that the plaza in front of the chinese theater is actually a huge hidden mickey? It's not so visibly anymore, with the hat, and Sunset blvd. Originally there was a black over painted on the roof of one of the buildings. That was his right ear. And the lake with the boat and dinosaur was his left ear. It's still somewhat visible on google earth.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had always hoped for a 007 ride or attraction mgm/ua was a the distributor for James Bond
Since it's the longest running movie series to date. Pixar would a nice addition but don't mess up what they have now on the other hand because of GL the park is better but i wish they do a ride where through scenes of star wars universal did it with battle star Galatica so why not star wars.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
cmwade77
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not Star Wars? Well, to be honest it is dated, no one wants to admit it, but it is, I think it's time to look at making more attractions that can be updated as time goes on, really for example modify the great movie ride so that it can go down one of two paths, that way one could be updated while the other is being used and you could update for newer movies as they come out. This is what is needed are attractions that can be modified without being shut down, I think this is the way things will ultimately go.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you want to shot these nuts in the foot why can't they come up with it instead of the public

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
Sometimes you want to shot these nuts in the foot why can't they come up with it instead of the public

EXACTLY.

Well put.
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because a movie is old, doesn'tmean the attraction based on it is dated. If that were the case, The Great Movie Ride would have opened dated. I'm sure the imagineers thought about this when they said "lets build a ride through attraction based on Hollywood's greatest classics. I like the idea of 2 paths on that ride. The problem though is space. I thought it would be cool to have swapable sets. If I remember right, there's a part of the ride where the 2 vehicles are split (meaning the 2 car trams stop in diffferent sets, not the tram gets split into 2 cars). That is the scene where your tour gets taken over. One was a bagn alley gang shootout, and I cant remember the other. It would be cool if all the sets could be swapped, that way on any day you can experience a slightly changed ride. That's not possible though.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chatted with a friend of mine today and she works for imagineering and she has heard of the name change either. that doesn't mean they won't but she hasn't heard of it.... Question Exclamation Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: