Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Ticket Prices

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Ticket Prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Ticket Prices Reply with quote

MouseSavers reports that ticket prices are going up August 8.

Does anyone know if AP prices are going up as well? I was going to wait and get our AP's just before the Oct trip, but I may have to grab them now. Plus, we have other people going to Marathon Weekend with us who need tickets.

I think we can still save a few bucks by buying them on-line as opposed to the Disney Store. (Sorry Pooh's)

Has anybody ever used one of the agencies, such as MapleLeaf tickets? What is the verdict on these, or is on line still better?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ticket Prices Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
MouseSavers reports that ticket prices are going up August 8.

Does anyone know if AP prices are going up as well? I was going to wait and get our AP's just before the Oct trip, but I may have to grab them now. Plus, we have other people going to Marathon Weekend with us who need tickets.

I think we can still save a few bucks by buying them on-line as opposed to the Disney Store. (Sorry Pooh's)

Has anybody ever used one of the agencies, such as MapleLeaf tickets? What is the verdict on these, or is on line still better?

I've not heard about the price increase, but I do know that the prices on-line are the same as the store. Actually, it's cheaper and easier at the store since there is no shipping costs and you get them right then and there.

But I will inquire about the price increase at the store.

Figmentathm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure....it's all about the commission isn't it!

Looks like Donna and I will have to make a visit to the mall this weekend....like she needs an excuse to go to the Disney Store.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there both days after 2.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not August 8, ticket prices go up tomorrow, August 5. Here's a review of what to expect.

Ticket Price Increases and Changes to Disney World Tickets
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something's got to give....When I moved to California 4 1/2 years ago ticket prices were $47 for Disneyland and something like $49 for Disney World.

Ticket prices in 2000 were $39.00 which shows an almost 100% increase in 7 years...next to the 45 years previously.

Parking went from $7 to $11 in 4 years...jumping $2 in 1 single year (2005).

Disneyland uses Big Bear as one of their gauges...They maintain that the cost is still a value (which is all in the eye of the beholder) next to Big Bear which at the time was offering lift tickets for 75.00 as of about 2 years ago.

What are other ticket prices going for in the Orlando area???

After a while everything is going to collapse under the financial proposals for the parks...You can only raise them so high in proportion to the times before EVENTUALLY the blinded public sees that their wallets are being emptied at a record pace.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think so TE. But the article in the Orlando Sentinel mentioned that Disney didn't expect anybody to stay away because of this increase.

Donna had a nice vist with Deb at the local store. She said you looked cute in that Tink backpack, Deb. We have our AP's and a 7 day MYW ticket for my oldest for January. Of course we'll still have to buy FL resident passes for the other son and his wife in January. We are wearing the mag stripe right of that Mickey card.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, it was great seeing Donna today. I had a nice visit with her even though there were other guests in the store. Too bad you didn't take a break from the heat and join her.

Anyway, ticket prices go up Tuesday from what our manager told us today. We won't start charging the increase until Wednesday.

Because of this we had an influx of people in the store today buying tickets. Heck, DP renewed our WDW annual passes today to save us some money. I'm sure he wasn't the only person doing it either.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
You would think so TE. But the article in the Orlando Sentinel mentioned that Disney didn't expect anybody to stay away because of this increase.

Maybe not this time...but eventually I can see it happening.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stay away because of the increase" makes it sound like the person is avoiding Mono...
I disagree with that thought. It is not a question of folks "staying away" it is a question of folks "affording" to go.

I have several friends who would love to go, but the price is prohibitive, and with it going up higher, is only going to be more prohibitive.

I agree with tE. Eventually folks will have had enough of going on vacation and being told to just open their wallet and keep it open for the entire trip.

Each time prices go up, they claim it is in keeping competitive with other parks. Yet when they talk of Disney with their competitors, Disney is the first one to say "there is no one else like us".

They are raising the prices and in return we will see?
    More outsourcing?
    Less maintenance?
    Poorer quality food?
    Less customer Service?
    More stores at amusement exists selling the same product?
    Closing of more rides?

or will we actually see these dollars invested in in
    more US Employees keeping thier jobs?
    The park being brought back to where it was years ago?
    Fresher/higher quality products?
    Better training for staff?
    Bringing main street back to the small themed stored of the 1930's? Being able to leave a ride with out having to open our wallets?
    Adding new attractions that are FAMILY oriented and don't leave 1/2 the folks waiting at the exit for the family to come out?

I will admit Disney is one of a kind... Now Disney, show us you invest this wisely and make it worth our shelling out more.

Sorry. Got carried away...
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this in the Orlando Sentinel

Bring more money if you visit Disney

Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer
August 4, 2007

The price of magic goes up this weekend at Walt Disney World, where the basic adult ticket is climbing 6 percent to a record $71.

Disney announced Friday that the new ticket prices would take effect Sunday. The changes also affect discount packages that still can push the per-day cost below $23 for adults who want to commit to as much as a 10-day run at Disney's four theme parks.

An adult, one-day, one-park pass that now costs $67 will go up to $71. Price increases of 3 percent to 6 percent were tacked on to most of Disney's "Magic Your Way," Florida discount and annual-pass deals.

There was no word Friday out of either Universal Orlando or SeaWorld Orlando about whether they, too, expect to raise prices soon. Both said they make those decisions independently. Yet Central Florida's theme-park resorts have a history of raising ticket prices at about the same time to about the same amounts.

Disney World's increase came just two days after corporate parent Walt Disney Co. announced a $1.1 billion third-quarter profit and another good season at the company's theme parks, where profit margins topped 20 percent.

Disney officials said the timing of the price increase had nothing to do with the corporate earnings; rather, it was tied to the annual planning cycles of travel wholesalers, tour organizers and commercial publications. They need their 2008 resort information soon.

There was no indication that anyone expects Disney's price to scare away customers.

"We strongly believe that Walt Disney World represents a great entertainment value. Our guests agree," spokesman Rick Sylvain said. "In our guest surveys, nine out of 10 rate their theme-park experience from good to excellent."

Because Disney is the recognized leader in the theme-park industry, the company can continue to raise prices as long as people keep coming because Disney will define the level that the market will bear, said theme-park professor Ady Milman of the University of Central Florida's Rosen College of Hospitality Management.

Milman said he does not think Disney is pricing itself out of the average family's budget, because the average out-of-state family saves for about five years to pay for a Disney vacation.

"Disney has the capacity to distinguish itself as a good brand with a guaranteed experience, so people will pay," he said. "But it's amazing," he added, referring to the new single-day price.

For years, the area's Big Three theme parks waited until December or January to announce price increases. But Disney bucked that trend last year, raising its basic ticket from $63 to $67 almost exactly a year ago. Universal quickly followed to $67, though SeaWorld waited until January and went up only to $64.95.

Most of the industry has gotten away from thinking in terms of annual price increases, said Dennis Speigel, a private consultant and president of International Theme Park Services in Cincinnati.

"Really, what they've been doing is taking them as they feel they can," he said. "I think what Disney is doing is putting fat on the fat hog. It's probably a good time to do it, while trends are up and people are coming. With the season they're having and the good quarter they just reported, it's probably a good time to do it."

In the past three years, Disney World has followed a trend begun at other theme parks of moving away from one-day, one-park tickets and toward various ticket packages that cost more but offer more, including steep per-day discounts. Last year, Disney officials said that fewer than half their visitors were still buying one-day, one-park tickets.

Among other changes:

The basic ticket for children ages 3 to 9 will start at $60, up from $56.

"Magic Your Way" tickets add multiple days at decreasing per-day rates; an adult two-day, one-park ticket will cost $139, up from $132, while a 10-day ticket will cost $225, up from $216.

Disney's "Park Hopper" feature was not changed: For $45 extra, Disney visitors can turn any one-park ticket into a multipark ticket.

Florida residents will continue to receive a 10 percent discount on base-price tickets purchased in advance, with an adult ticket starting at $63.90.

A basic one-day water-park ticket (for either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon) will cost $39, up from $36.

Figmentathm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone was waiting for the AAA rates for room only to be released for 2008, another site that I post on has just reported that these rates have been released. I don't know why MouseSavers hasn't posted it yet. They are usually right on top of these things.
utilipic
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being retired, I hate seeing prices increase on D-world tickets, but considering the magic of the place, it's still worth it. AND if you buy multi day passes with no expiration, you can get a great bargain. We're going again next year, Lord willing. CAN'T WAIT!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: