Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Parade of Dreams - Did you get teary eyed during the show?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Parade of Dreams - Did you get teary eyed during the show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Parade of Dreams - Did you get teary eyed during the show? Reply with quote

I watched along Main Street right in front of the Emporium and it was beautiful. I'm not sure how any loyal Disney fan could not get a little emotional during the parade. I was definatly up there with the Main Street Electrical Parade. I had more energy then any other parade Diseny ever put on.

But the finale would have been better if they finished by firing short range fireworks out of the floats Very Happy Confused (just saying)

But with the kids being awwed as well as the parents I couldn't help but get emotional. Any comments?
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like that parade a lot. but i don't get choked up, for whatever reason. msep chokes me up. disneyland at the end of soarin' chokes me up.
DisneyKat2003
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking about Disneyland chokes me up!
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not one who totally gets into the parades...but most things Disney have the propensity to choke me up...like the Believe...firewirks shows (especially the non-holiday one!).

I did like this parade more than most and liked the use of music quite a bit.

: )
lilliasaid
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that having the sound clip of Walt's speech used in both the parade and fireworks was a beautiful touch. I agree that Believe...the non-Christmas one...used to really choke me up...and that was the summer that I had a pass and saw it tons of times...but it still carried an emotional attachment. Some of the old pictures that they've been displaying this year really get to me...especially the one of Walt by himself in Fantasyland...just the expression on his face as he surveys his masterpiece...it's such an insight into his character.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i like that parade a lot. but i don't get choked up, for whatever reason. msep chokes me up. disneyland at the end of soarin' chokes me up.

Absolutely. Me too...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee... Confused ... like Tigger: I'M THE ONLY ONE!!! Bouncing Tigger .... who getz choked up during parades. I do agree that the holiday shows don't get me choked up but parade of dreams and rememeber... dreams come true gets me choked up Very Happy
GarfPooky
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little bit, when I hear Walt's voice. The 50th fireworks definitely get me all choked up though. As do the MSEP and flying over Disneyland in Soarin' like aprildecember said. Also Fantasmic, especially at the end when all the characters come out, lol Man, I'm such a sap. Razz
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG THE FANTASMIC FINALE! yes, that totally tears me up.

regular Believe always kind of bugged me (the kid with the lisp gives me the jibblies). but holiday believe i love...particularly white christmas, at the end, with the snowfall...that's always a beautiful moment.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aprildecember wrote:
but holiday believe i love...particularly white christmas, at the end, with the snowfall...that's always a beautiful moment.

Me Too I think its so relaxing and makes you feel young again. I can't describe it that well, but her voice just gives me a sitting by the fire feeling Sparkle Tink
GarfPooky
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sad to say I've never been to Disneyland during the holidays, so I've never seen holiday Believe before. *cries*
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarfPooky wrote:
I'm sad to say I've never been to Disneyland during the holidays, so I've never seen holiday Believe before. *cries*

GarfPooky,
Let me say... IT IS WORTH IT!!!!! Though, this season is EXTREMELY CROWDED and over priced it still is worth it. It's so beautiful there. Personally its my favorite time to go... but then my least favorite.

It's great and all... but just WAY TOO CROWDED! Last Christmas I went there and it was so crowded it reached Maximum Capcity. No one was allowed to enter the park. Few Christmas' before it was just as bad

But it is Drop Dead Amazing!!! SO worth it!!!
cakegal
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I always tear up just after the show stop where walt disney says "to all who come to this happy place... welcome".

That's my favorite part. Then I have the chorus in my head for the rest of the week!
GarfPooky
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fireurgunz, I believe you. Smile I was at Hong Kong Disneyland last year in December, but they didn't really have too much going on. :\ I'd go this year but I just started a new job and don't have enough vacation time yet! And all the long weekends I have off are sure to be super crowded!! (Xmas and New Years)
disneylanddude05
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50th fireworks chocked me up Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: