Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Christmas at Disneyland...

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Christmas at Disneyland...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Christmas at Disneyland... Reply with quote

When was your first Christmas season at Disneyland? What do you remember most about it? How have things changed since?

My first Christmas visit was in November of 1999. I think that was the first year New Orleans Square was really done up, with Holly Gator and all that. I remember waiting with some of my friends in front of City Hall, and taking in the sights and sounds of Main Street. The tree and swags were all in multicolored lights that year (my favorite!), and one of the first loop tunes I remember hearing was one of the Rita Ford music boxes (which I had been hearing at Christmastime since I was a little girl). It was all so perfect, I was thinking, "Why did I wait so long to come during the holidays?!"
DisneyKat2003
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not...I have never been to Disneyland during the holiday season Crying or Very sad Someday I will...by hook or crook...I will!!!!!
ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Christmas season was 2001. I learned about the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay in early December, and immediately booked a trip to see it. We were there for New Year's Eve.

In fact, that was my first trip ever to Disneyland, but not my last.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first Christmas season at DL was in 2003. We flew out the day after Thanksgiving very early in the morning to meet a bunch of friends for dinner at Storytellers. Here we are:

What a weekend that was! We loved seeing all the decorations. That was our first time seeing Haunted Mansion Holiday and it's a small world Holiday.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bpgstudios
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year will be my first Christmas in Disneyland. Ive spent the past few Christmasses in WDW (Since I live here...). Im really looking forward to it. Christmas is a busy time for me...got Jenn's b-day, our 2 year anniversary, and Christmas. Woo!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tach
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri-

You'll have to let us know when you're coming out!
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kat and b, you guys are going to love it! have a wonderful time. Smile

i miss disneyland. :/
bpgstudios
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the pics ive seen, DL is a lot more cozy and festive than WDW for the holidays. Sure, we have 8 billion foot tall trees, but Disneyland has all the little nooks and crannies decked out. I cant wait!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Macabri
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that photo!

Disneyland during Christmas is truly beautiful. There's just something about it when you go on crisp wintery nights and see all the lights twinkling and decorations everywhere. Call it Disney magic I guess.
mattsemoto
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Disneyland at christmas time!!!. I try to go every year during the holidays. My first time was my 18th birthday...i got there just in time to here the 'herald trumpets' playing at Sleeping Beauty's Castle. That was the most magical thing I had ever heard. Ever since, i have to go every year at least once. I will miss it this year Crying or Very sad, but on a good note i will be going to WDW for the first time.
ghost_host_2007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouncing Ezra
My first time at DL during Christmas was two years ago, but this past Christmas is what really stays with me. I took my girlfriend, my sister and parents do DL while visiting relatives in CA.
The thing that sticks with me the most during the trip, though, was that it was my first time at DL with my girlfriend, and it was really romantic for us both to watch the Christmas fireworks then snow fall while standing near the Rivers of America.
(On a side note, I proposed to that same girlfriend at Disneyland in August of this year next to Snow White's wishing well (yeah, I know, cliche) but she said yes! )) Bouncing Mickey
aprildecember
Muse of Epic UAB
Muse of Epic UAB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations! it's not cliche, it's...classic! lol.

and i agree...the holiday fireworks and the 'snow' really are very romantic, sentimental, &c. Smile always made me cry.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Christmas at DL was in 1992...when it reallywas DL...not DLR. I was in college and went with a friend I worked with. We were just nuts over Disney and that time in college is when I really was hooked!

The think that stands out most from that trip was all the mickey wreathes in Frontierland/Critter Country...they were very sinple pine looking wreaths..but I loved them. I also loved seeing Country Bears Holiday for the first time ( I do miss that LOT!!!)

Now I go every year with one of my sisters the first weekend in December. i just made our PS for breakfast a t Storytellers...we'll be there in 16 days!!!!

now my favorite thing is walking past the huge tree on main street and smelling the pine scent...Oh, I love it!!! I'll really miss not seeing the holiday fireworks this year...and the snow....it has just become part of what Christmas is for me Sad

I definitely think Christmas at Disneyland is a MUST SEE!!!

: )
Macabri
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I was proposed to this past August infront of the castle. I said yes. Must be Disney magic. *Grins*
boundlessrealm
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being as I have lived in Socal all my life... I cant remember the first X-mas time i had at the parks. But the last few have been the best to say the least. Wondering if its because of all the people from here that Ive gotten to know and hang out with???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: