Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Thoughts on a uniqe thing to do......

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Thoughts on a uniqe thing to do......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtrippie
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Thoughts on a uniqe thing to do...... Reply with quote

So my wife and I, who got to Disney about twice a year, are planning a trip on our 5th anniversary. Grandma is watching the kids for a few days. We know that night one on our anniversary we are going to Victoria and Albert’s, but we chose to surprise each other with how the next 2 days of our trip go. On the second day I get to organize a day plan go to either Animal Kingdom or MGM. She plans Magic Kingdom or Epcot the third day. To spice things up we randomly drew different “extra things” that we can or can’t add onto the day to make it different and special. Here is what I can add on extra:

Spa of any kind
Water craft Activity of any kind
Behind the scenes tour of any kind
Mini Golf
Water Parks
Off Site activity
La Nouba
Magic Kingdom resort restaurants
Special form of transportation

Here is what I can’t add on extra because my wife drew these activities:

Night Life Activity of any kind
Character Meal
Downtown Disney Area restaurants
Boardwalk Area restaurants
Extremely expensive meal
Room customization of some kind (room service, flowers, cake, etc.)

So the question is how to plan the day and make it special and different. One plan I came up with was morning at the Animal Kingdom, at lunch time head over to the Grand Floridian for the tea time lunch activities and then a late afternoon soak at the Grand Floridian Spa. End the night at the California Grill for Fireworks during dinner.

Any thoughts of other day variation out there that anyone can give me ideas about?
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good plan, and a great idea to try 'different things'.

I have the Adventurer's Club on my 'different things for next time' list; It may be something to consider.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dtrippie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
That sounds like a good plan, and a great idea to try 'different things'.

I have the Adventurer's Club on my 'different things for next time' list; It may be something to consider.

Last trip I hade one too many Mojito's and was made to do "horrible things" by the French maid. I think I ended up with my shirt off and the masks in the mask room wishing they were just wood so they woulnd not see the horror of my harry chest. Having said that It is a must do stop for any trip in my opinion.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim and I always enjoy Fulton's Crab House in Pleasure Island...great seafood, and then afterward, we like to go Club hopping (we love 80's music, and the Comedy Club was always fun), or shopping (even if it's just browsing)
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
Kim and I always enjoy Fulton's Crab House in Pleasure Island...great seafood, and then afterward, we like to go Club hopping (we love 80's music, and the Comedy Club was always fun), or shopping (even if it's just browsing)

So, back in th 80's you went clubbing and got crabs?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back about 6 years ago, I contacted a place called Gifts of a Lifetime to try and do something special for ltldeb's (mumble) birthday. I told them the occassion, where we were starting our day and what we'd be wearing (so they could identify us) and for the next hour+, they followed us (without being seen) to give deb little gifts for the occassion (all themed to it!). Their last visit with us was at Splash Mountain, where they gave deb (mumble) Disney Dollars and then waved to us as we came down the final drop. It was truely a special day and they did an awesome job.

I highly recommend them!

Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
Ellory wrote:

So, back in th 80's you went clubbing and got crabs?

Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to splurge for one thing each trip I take to Disney. A tour, a special meal, an expensive souvenir, reserved seats for Fantasmic, or something like that.

I'd suggest renting a boat for an evening fireworks cruise. You can get a boat with the soundtrack piped in, and you can also order champagne and/or deserts for the cruise too. They depart from several of the resorts, and you first get a nice tour of the whole lake, before you park out in fron of the Magic Kingdom for the show. It may nt be the very best viewing spot, but it's still real good, and the specialness (is that a word) more than made up for it.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got back from WDW yesterday. I like the idea of surprising each other with special activities. I booked the Segway tour around World Showcase for us, but I am awful at surprises so my husband knew about five minutes after I'd made the reservation. It was a blast and I've never seen him have so much fun at Disney.

The one thing I wanted to do but couldn't because of the weather was the Sea Raycer boats. That would be some fun "just the two of us" time! And watercraft are on your list... What about afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian?
dtrippie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavenStGermaine wrote:
We just got back from WDW yesterday. I like the idea of surprising each other with special activities. I booked the Segway tour around World Showcase for us, but I am awful at surprises so my husband knew about five minutes after I'd made the reservation. It was a blast and I've never seen him have so much fun at Disney.

The one thing I wanted to do but couldn't because of the weather was the Sea Raycer boats. That would be some fun "just the two of us" time! And watercraft are on your list... What about afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian?

I was all over the segway tour, but my wife gets to plan things at EPCOT. I also wanted to do Wolfgang Puck's upstairs dining with wine pairing, but my wife got Downtown Disney area food places. Great ideas everyone!!!!!!!!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

over the years I've read a lot of folks who spoke highly of both MikeA's idea for the fireworks from the boat, and also Daveypoo's Gifts of a lifetime site.

Any of the magic Kingdom tours are always a good idea.
rick2vick
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time we were there, we did Dolphins In Depth. It was awesome. We got to go behind the scenes at The Living Seas (pre-Nemo) and get in the water (in the big tank) with the dolphins.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/tourDetail?id=DolphinsInDepthTourPage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: