Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions Reply with quote

hi folks. I was going to wait a little longer for this, but I figured what the heck....

I'd like to get the Community's input with regards to what they might like to see in the way of features for the broadcast. Programming, Features, anything concerning the broadcast itself, the consoles, or anything Relating to the Webcast Streams. This is the chance to make UAB collectively yours.

Sincerely,

-tE
PrincessMo123
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Great topic. I am sure there are lots of ideas out there.

Some broadcast ideas might be something like:
- 1 Hour in Fantasyland or Adventureland, Tomorrowland, etc.
- 1 Hour of Disney Flashback (Rides and shows of Disney past that are no longer)
- 1 Hour of Holiday music (whatever holiday it is at that time)
- Maybe make some games up with the broadcast
for example: play different area music non-labeled and somehow have members guess where that area music is from? Just a thought for some interactive.

I am sure i have more ideas but i can't think of any right now.

I love the website, i think everything is fabulous. If I had to say one thing critical about it, it would be that I have to scroll down and over to view what is playing in currently playing window. I am pretty sure there is no way around that anyways but that is the only thing critical I can think of. I think what you all have done here is amazing to me. Keep it up!

Have A Disney Day!!
bpgstudios
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1 Hour in Fantasyland or Adventureland, Tomorrowland, etc.

Ya know, I like this idea. Maybe expand it and have some mini shows (possibly podcasts as well) featuring either a land or specific attraction.

PrincessMo- I'm willing to bet that your screen resolution is 800x600 or lower. If you have the capability to, try increasing the resolution to atleast 1024x768. That should do the trick.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trekty
Airport Information Representative

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpgstudios wrote:
PrincessMo- I'm willing to bet that your screen resolution is 800x600 or lower. If you have the capability to, try increasing the resolution to atleast 1024x768. That should do the trick.

I have that problem as well, but it is only once in a while ( I think it is when there is no picture to display with the song info, but I might be wrong about that.

As I said in another thread, I would love to see the track title in the toolbar, but understand that it is not possible to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bpgstudios
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had another idea, might be a hard one though.

How about listing the recently requested tracks in a person's profile? like their last 5 requests. That way we can see what types of stuff everyone likes, and compliment them on their choices Wink Also good for the non-posters who just listen. We could see what kinds of stuff they listen too as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrincessMo123
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpgstudios wrote:

How about listing the recently requested tracks in a person's profile? like their last 5 requests. That way we can see what types of stuff everyone likes, and compliment them on their choices Wink Also good for the non-posters who just listen. We could see what kinds of stuff they listen too as well.

What a cool idea!!
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,

While some of these are a little far fetched for the time being and would require some extensive code rework, I'll be taking others under advisement.

-D
trekty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trekty wrote:
bpgstudios wrote:

I have that problem as well, but it is only once in a while ( I think it is when there is no picture to display with the song info, but I might be wrong about that.

It is when the picture is "Image Temporarily Unavialable"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PrincessMo123
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I switched the resolution, and it made everything super tiny. So, i had to switch it back. Thanks for the help anyways.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF your monitor is not at least 17 inches (screen) setting larger resolution sizes generally doesnt help any except making things smaller. Unfortunately UAB was utilized for a screen resolution of 1024x768 as this is the current standard as a majority of users can support the standard. My apologies for the inconvience.

As far as the "Image not available" I'm not sure I quite understand that. I'll double check things, but the image is exactly the same size as the attraction ones. It shouldnt be causing any issues. its just another image being used.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out and report back.

Sincerely,

-tE
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpgstudios wrote:

I would like something like that also, but more to remind myself what I requested. I don't know about anyone else, but I always seem to forget what I requested like 10 minutes later.
DisneyFanatic001
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have some kind of "countdown" meter for requests so we can get a general idea of when they would be played? Personally, I stopped making requests because I never get to hear them anyway (sometimes it can be over an hour...or 2 Wake Up! ...before the request plays). Most of the time I just listen to whatever is playing (which I enjoy immensely anyway Thumbs Up )

I like the idea of having an hour or 2 devoted to one park or land. Especially for the extinct attractions Exactly
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately This can not be done due to the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act). The DMCA states:

Code:
Do not publish advance program guides or use other means to pre-announce when particular sound recordings will be played. However, a webcaster may name one or two artists to illustrate the type of music on a particular channel; and, DJ "teaser" announcement using artists' names are permitted, but only those that do not specify the time a song will be played.

Believe me..It hurt that I had to disable and recode some of the stuff that could make UAB so robust..In this particular case it would take less than a second to recode and reenable it. However we're striving to play friendly with Disney and within DMCA guidelines as much as possible. While the broadcast will conforming to DMCA more and more as it goes on, It should not disrupt or alter your listening experience for the worse. Only for the better. Unfortunately I'm the sole developer for UAB at this time and I'm starting to see the world in Binary:)

I do apologize for the inconvenience. We do hope that everyone still continues to enjoy UAB. For the fact of the matter.. I did extend the "RECENTLY PLAYED" Line up to the 10 most recent songs instead of 5. This is so people can at least gauge if their song has played or not.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to answer them.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DisneyFanatic001 wrote:
Would it be possible to have some kind of "countdown" meter for requests so we can get a general idea of when they would be played? Personally, I stopped making requests because I never get to hear them anyway (sometimes it can be over an hour...or 2 Wake Up! ...before the request plays). Most of the time I just listen to whatever is playing (which I enjoy immensely anyway Thumbs Up )

I like the idea of having an hour or 2 devoted to one park or land. Especially for the extinct attractions Exactly

Code:

Your station must not be part of an "interactive service”. This means no personalized on-demand streaming or downloading of content. Sound recordings can’t be performed within one hour of a request by a listener or at a time designated by the listener.

Requests HAVE to be held back by 1 hour before they are played. Again. Digital Millenium Copyright Act. Unfortunately I don't make the rules, but we'd like to be sticking around for a while so we must adhere to them as much as possible. Having been following the trends in webcasting, Sites are getting shut down left and right, I'd prefer UAB not be one of them.

Again, my apologies for the inconvience, but this one is way above me and I really hve no say in the process.

As far as the hour or 2. I'm trying to work as fast as I can to segment the longer tracks, to help things flow on a smoother basis. I've also asked people to be courteous about making requests. I'm trying to work with what I'm given the best I can.

Sincerely,

-tE
ciciwoowoo
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epiphany,

I had no idea that there was anything legal involved in this sort of thing, much less so many rules! My hat is off to you and everyone here at UAB for the tremendous work and research you are doing to make this site so much fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: