Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tE and I (and the other admins) talk every day and we would just love to let it all out with track names, request times, etc, but for us to stay "on the air", we must comply with the rules. theEpiphany is truely working in the best interest of everyone. He is CONSTANTLY working to improve and make the broadcast better.

I, too, take my hat off to him! Bravo

theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tryin' we're only a week old. Still lots of development to be done. Smile

-D
DisneyFanatic001
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that you have rules to follow and I didn't mean to suggest anything that might put UAB in jeopardy. Crying or Very sad I appreciate all that you have done (and continue to do!). I praise you for all of your valiant efforts!! Bravo
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITs ok guys..This is how we all learn. Believe me. when I started with disney internet radio helping a buddy out (he can reveal himself if he wants to) back in 99 with his broadcast, I never thought I'd have come this far, or developed half the stuff I have....

If any of you saw UAB back in the day, it was pretty pitiful in comparison to what it is now and in a year...This will be pitiful compared to what will be available then.

No worries though. I'm trying to come up with ways and ideas to help people out a little more. I think I'm going to be changing the request policy yet again. It'll help spread things out a bit without taking anything away from your HOURLY or DAILY quota.

After all its all worthwhile for people to enjoy our labor of love. It also helps us to know what our listener base is thinking.
-D
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would like to put my hat down to you as well theEpiphany! :) I really didn't understand all the legal works that UAB has to make for broadcasting. What a hassel!!! Anyway, I would really like to help but to be honest.... I'm only 14 yrs. old and I don't have a creidt card fro PayPal deposit. Is there any way I can send cash to you guys? I really want to help you with this broadcasting system and I feel sort of useless without lending a hand. Is there any way I can help??? :D :!:
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give us a nudge and a suggestion from time to time. Smile Thanks for your kind words. We'll have a lot more coming in the future.

I've actually just implemented a new request policy that should make some (hopefully all) of you a bit happier.

Posting the update now..

-tE
almandot
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much at all about the DMCA other than what this site has put up, but this post is with what I've read in mind. Is it possible to transform how requests are handled? The legal issues prevent an on-demand or site with any sort of immediate interactive requests being fulfilled, yet the site is set up acting like it's just that.

Would it be any more practical to do requests based more on a time period? Like imagining the day in time fragments -- morning, lunchtime, early evening, primetime, late night, etc. I'm listening right now, but making a request really won't do me any good because 1-2 hours from now who knows what I'll be doing. But I know that I'll probably be listening again later tonight, so I could make my request for late night. It still leaves ambiguity over a broad couple of hours and gives me no guarantee I'll hear my song or anything, but at least I have a chance to request it for a time period I think I might actually be listening. Of course the peak periods would be a lot harder and there'd still be a balancing act of how requests would work but that's an issue regardless. If calling them time periods is too specific, then perhaps just having shows split up on the cast, like morning show etc... and make requests for certain shows. I do like the ideas of having certain times dedicated to certain things around the park.

I admire the work that's gone into this site so far and am actually pretty intrigued by it all. I wish the site luck.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DMCA states that you can't have an immediate interactive service...which is not what UAB provides. However they do say that any request must be delayed for a time period of 60 minutes as was mentioned which is what we're doing.

Currently I'm still battling the evil request demon to keep the requests as uniform as possible. The main problem isnt the DMCA compliant delay per se, its the lengthy tracks (which I'm segmenting now) and listeners requests.

I've just implemented a new request policy that will change based on the time of day. More requests will be available per 30 minute period or per hour and the request quota will be raised on the weekends to allow people some more free time to listen.

This is something that unfortunately has to be trial and error, I'm workign with you guys on this one trying to conform what would be best for everyone.

I hope that explains our intentions. With just a little patience and devotion UAB will start expanding nicely.

-D
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote from theEpiphany: I've actually just implemented a new request policy that should make some (hopefully all) of you a bit happier. ]

I think I found the new update. Is it the 20 minute request policy? Instead of an hour wait for making a request, its only 20 minutes. Thanks a ton! It makes me happy and I'm sure it makes everyone else happy!!![/quote]
bpgstudios
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If any of you saw UAB back in the day, it was pretty pitiful in comparison to what it is now

Yep! Back in the day of beta UAB Version 1.0, pre-Utilidors.com opening was 24 hours of Disney Eurobeat! I'd say weve come pretty far Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not. I did that just to fill the dead airtime now and again. Like I said..its come a long way..

-tE
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason why you guys don't have the newer 50th Anniversary stuff, like Remember and the new Space Mtn. soundtrack and stuff?
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the below update. I posted in several days ago.

http://uabmagic.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8

Nope no reason except that I've got 600 + new files to tag and add that you havent even seen yet, new shows to code, files to segment, new features to unveil, 2 contests to worry about with the rest of the staff, and a request policy to try and cater best to the community. I spent a majority of the time in the previous weeks before UAB debuted ripping/tagging the Christmas stuff to get it out on time.

I post updates regularly on the front of the site. I do suggestion checking the site mainpage for updates as come monday I wont be doing so much updating via the forums. Of course all questions regarding things may be directed here.

You can't think that we wouldnt actually have something like this. I bought this the minute they went on sale. Wink.
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yeah, its surprised me to not see those files there. I figured there was some rule against playing those on here or something. LOL who knows. I still dont understand the reasoning behind the whole 1 hour request delay thing, so I wouldnt have been surprised.

*EDIT* Wow what an idiot I am. I didn't even see those updates on the front page. I guess I never took the time to scroll down. Embarassed
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some reason I knew people would jet right to the audio and forget about any form of literary guidance, not that I dont understand the initial excitement of course.

I hope that helps you out a bit Wink.

By the way..Hows the shirt?? You're the first person to get that one and I was curious of how the design came out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: