Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Community Broadcast Feature Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the files from the boxset are already on the server as I've had them from other publications for sometime now (some of which came from unpublished tracks from the Disneyland Forever and WDW Forever kiosks).

If you remember those Kiosks, the tracks were actually on the system when they were offered at Disney's themeparks but were never "unlocked". Every now and again the System would glich and burn one of the "unreleased" tracks to the CD even when you didnt ask for it. This strangely happened to me several times.

Some reason I knew people would jet right to the audio and forget about any form of literary guidance, not that I dont understand the initial excitement of course:)

I hope that helps you out a bit Wink. I know the 1 hour thing sucks. Unfortunately its necessary for us to cooperate as much as we possibly can with the powers that be. I hope you're not holding that against us:)

Sincerely,

-tE
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured I'd get my literary guidance from the boards. Wink

I thought the shirt came out really nicely. It reminds me of those novelty shirts you get at Spencers or whatever, but without the stupidity. The UAB logo on the back is pretty classy too.

Don't you just love it when people just randomly decide to dance in their ride vehicle? Laughing

*Edit* Oh no, I wasn't implying that that was your guys fault. I was just saying with all those crazy rules you have to follow, I wouldn't have been surprised if you weren't allowed to play those tracks for some odd reason.

Last edited by Firefly on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we were thinking of making a UAB specific mod of that logo but we didnt know if it would sell Smile.

-D
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How so? Isn't it already UAB specific?
Firefly
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh! Nevermind. I thought you were talking about the UAB logo on the back.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent gotten up in hours...Sorry about adding the below to your post...heh..It's been a LOOONG day of development. Thank god I'm in between contracts right now Wink. ACtually this was what I planned on doing today...Tomorrow since my girlfriend is working, I'll be heading to the parks with some other members from UAB, tomorrow I'm taking a rest Wink.

Well yes...I mean modifying the sign itself switching a few things around, changing the "warning" and making an overall parody of it. Maybe we'll still do it. I dont know yet. I've got so much else to work on with the broadcast and WE have so much going on with future plans for the site. Even with 4 of us it tends to be fulltime.

-D
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I think we all understand. Smile

I like the idea of modifying the the front logo. Just to add some humor to it.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im all about modifications...I like making things my own..or in this case since there's 4 of us our own. If I had to do this all on my own I'd already be on the floor convulsing, as I'm sure the rest of the team would if they had to do this on their own.

I'm tweaking the code right now to add a few new fun features to the consoles. DisneyDave and I started creating a wacky signature banner that changes the background theme and displays the currently playing track. The bottom "quote" also changes randomly (see below).

-tE
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From someone that doesn't even know where to start when it comes to making and keeping up websites, I can only imagine how overwhelming it is. Especially when you're trying to please everyone.
DisneyNut2005
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An idea for the Disneyland Splash Mountain tracks:

Each of the dialogues/vocals from the WDW Splash Mountain are available on UAB both in a "Complete Attraction" track and in seperate individual tracks with no music.

Therefore, I was thinking...is it possible if you guys could create seperate individual music-less tracks of each of the various dialogues/vocals in the DL Splash Mountain?

For example:

-Splash Mountain: Hitchhiking Crocodile
-Splash Mountain: Mother Possum
-Splash Mountain: Mother Rabbit
-Splash Mountain: Mr. Bluebird Whistling
-Splash Mountain: Humming Brer Frog
-Splash Mountain: Brer Rabbit & Brer Turtle

And so on and so forth...

That way, people like me can be able to listen to our favorite parts of the DL Splash without having to wait to hear the DL Splash Mountain Complete Attraction track all the time.

Just a suggestion.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of them...if not all of them are taken from Disneyland's Splash Mountain...They're pretty much one in the same with few exceptions.

Track separations are impossible otherwise. Theoretically they could be done. But would sound horrible and washed out.

-D
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion. I'm not to sure if this has already been asked since I didn't read this whole forum but I'll still say what I have to say. For the past few weeks I discover something new everyday I'm one this website. But since there's so much audios on here its hard to find everything. So is it possible to put the audios in categories instead of searching for them? For example:
Disneyland
-Adventureland
-Indiana Jones Adventure
-Spike Room audio

Disney World
-Animal Kingdom
- Kilomanjaro Safiar
-Pre Show Part 1

Get the idea?????
Something like that so its easier to see our options.
Please give us some insight!!!
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sort of already is. You can search attractions by attraction name using the letters at the top of the screen. Unfortunately the way the tracks are configured at UAB Central doesnt make it feasible to do something like that.

You can search for tracks by park or attraction, unfortunately I'm trying to rewrite the search function because its giving all sort of problems when it returns something larger than 100 tracks.

I'm not sure I follow though....

the tracks on the front page are sorted by themepark. and then by attraction. You CAN browse through them. You don't always have to do a text related search. just clikc on the Make a request window, scroll to the bottom and click on the >> arrows.
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theEpiphany wrote:
Most of them...if not all of them are taken from Disneyland's Splash Mountain...They're pretty much one in the same with few exceptions.

Track separations are impossible otherwise. Theoretically they could be done. But would sound horrible and washed out.

-D

Okay. I understand.

However, is there any possibility that track seperations could be done with something like "Old Slew Foot", the finale song in Country Bear Jamboree? I've always wondered how each of the bears in that number would sound like if each one was singing it alone and not all singing it over the top at once.
bodtchboy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anyone's said this, or something like this is already planned:

I liked readingsome of the disney news section at the old uab site. How about a small daily or weekly disney newscast on uab with opinions of the newscasters about the news?

how about whenever someone goes to one of the parks, make a small info recording as to anything happening in the park, the weather, capacity, changes, ect.

How about a weekly or biweekly podcast with about 4-6 people discussing disney stuff, and most desired, interviewing disney people (like Chef Mayhem & his popular doombuggies site, a disney character (excuse me, cast member)like Maynard or a random disney worker (sorry, castmember). If possible, done live and uab listeners can call in and ask questions or email questions to ask the guest/interviewer. You know, set it up so people anticipate this special broadcast at a certain time every week or so, then stick it in the podcast archive.

How about small reviews on disney movies thrown in once in a while once they're released. I know Disney does a lot of screenings for their main movies, so someone could even have a review of a movie before it's released to the pulbic.

you could charge or trade for 20 second advertisements/commercials for other websites or programs. Though that may take you down the dark marketing path , next thing you know, your run by a board of directors... Rolling Eyes These ideas may all be a bit much, i'm sure, and may take away from the UAB listening experience your aiming for.

Anyway, just some things I thought of. You guys are so creative and full of disney knowledge and connections. I mean, look at what you guys have been able to do.... UAB is amazing!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: