Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - UAB Presents Winter Summerland Heatwave!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

UAB Presents Winter Summerland Heatwave!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: UAB Presents Winter Summerland Heatwave! Reply with quote

Wherever you are, the weather is sure to be getting hot. So with this in mind we'd like to remind people of coolers times during the summer. As promised, for the remainder of July, UAB will be celebrating Christmas in July with it's Winter Summerland Heatwave.

We'll be holding prize drawings throughout the remainder of the month as well as celebrating the UN-holiday season with our Christmas / Holiday selections for your requesting enjoyment. Go ahead and cool down with a little Holiday cheer. Right here on UAB!
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like 282 tracks were added to the library. I am assuming all of these additions are Christmas related, but is there a way to view a list of the new additions? Searching "Christmas" in the search box only turned up 196 results, and the Recently Added section does not have any new posts.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please go easy on the one hour Christmas track... Just not every day at the same time, pleeeease?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concurr w. kmiller
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the person that normally requested that track....no longer seems to visit us anymore...so It's ALL up to you guys...Smile

Actually if I get some time this week, I'll go ahead and segment that track to 10 minute pieces...
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry tE there is acctually two of us that enjoy the long Christmas tracks and while the other may be gone, darn Rolling Eyes , I can't wait to start the FIVE hour long top 10 ... and all of you used your free points early Evil Laugh Christmas in July Woohoo!
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for the Christmas tracks, but repetition is one of my pet peeves. I recall last year the same track being requested at the same exact time every day for about a week. Then, in the afternoon, the same track would be requested by someone else. So, of my listening day, two hours would be gone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
napabeth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey eatmon74 - I noticed you've started . . . . . . Razz
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAst year?

We didn't do christmas in july last year. As far as the tracks go...there's a 12 hour track separation...which has been in effect for over a year now....A track cannot be requested until 12 hours after it has played.

The question is not repetition it seems, the question is track length...Which I can most definitely get on board with. I've been meaning to chop that file for over a year, but for some reason I haven't. I guarantee you if I requested "Future City Finale" everyday at 8am and 8pm, it wouldn't bother you NEAR as much (I know it doesn't bother me any Wink Wink ).

As far as repetition....Turn on ANY radio station and that's what you'll hear...the top 10 all week every week often and endlessly. I think 12 hours is a good delay, as some people can't tune in at certain times and it gives them some time to listen to what they want. Also, one man's trash is another man's treasure, what you might not like, I know for a fact others are really into....plus if they want to spent the points that's there right.

As I'd mentioned before however, I'll probably segment the track further, but I also have a career during the day and am on the road 5+ hours just in commuting, my time is limited, though I still put forth the energy into the broadcast because I believe in it.

No worries Kurt, I'll chop it down sometime this week Smile.
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in favor of some tracks being chopped, but I think the particular track in question is sacred and should be spared the ax. It would just not be the same, although there are enough different sections that it might not be noticeable.

Maybe if we promise not to abuse it it can be left intatct.

And now, about that "Off Kilter" hour!!!!!!! Yahoo! Thumbs Up
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, based on your response, I didn't mean it anything like that. Sorry if it came across wrong as if I was complaining about the UAB structure/requesting policies.

I'm more complaining about that unnamed requestor who would request that same track every single day at the same time. I'm totally cool with the 12 hour wait time. There were a few long xmas tracks that were almost an hour that used to get requested daily by the same people for 2 weeks. So, the daily broadcast for me at work was almost nothing but Xmas music.

I'm perfectly fine with not chopping the track as well, I was just calling for the people to not request the same lengthy track every single day for weeks at a time.
eatmon74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

napabeth wrote:

Don't ya know it. I'm driving my co workers insane ... Just an added benefit to Christmas in JULY Dancing Banana
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
napabeth wrote:

Don't ya know it. I'm driving my co workers insane ... Just an added benefit to Christmas in JULY Dancing Banana

I was just wondering if they could hear it or if you were keeping it to yourself.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you have to have an alternative to the Polynesian tracks Razz
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
Oh wow, based on your response, I didn't mean it anything like that. Sorry if it came across wrong as if I was complaining about the UAB structure/requesting policies.

I'm more complaining about that unnamed requestor who would request that same track every single day at the same time. I'm totally cool with the 12 hour wait time. There were a few long xmas tracks that were almost an hour that used to get requested daily by the same people for 2 weeks. So, the daily broadcast for me at work was almost nothing but Xmas music.

I'm perfectly fine with not chopping the track as well, I was just calling for the people to not request the same lengthy track every single day for weeks at a time.

Nope...it's cool..I wasn't upset per se. Just didn't want you to think we were turning a blind eye to your suggestions. Smile All is well.

Truth is...I've got a to do list a mile long....In fact, I just improvised a new feature for UAB that I've been working on for the last few hours. I had previously disabled it when I rewrote some of the code in 2005 as I never thought about bringing it on as a feature since we didn't have HALF of what we have now and at the time there was no way to track who was doing what (no logins etc).

Anyway...I have a lot to do...including releasing more tracks...chopping more tracks..and recording/editing/mixing more tracks, commercials, station ids, contest stuff etc.

This isn't to say I do everything by myself of course. Mostly I only do the technical stuff as far as coding and software stuff. I'd be at a loss if I wasn't part of a team:)

In fact..I feel a group hug comin' on.

And.....

After listening today...I think there's a few tracks that are getting the chainsaw treatment.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: