Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Comments to tracks

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Comments to tracks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Comments to tracks Reply with quote

Hey, how do we add comments?
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a request, and the ability to enter a comment/dedication is right there.

daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the scrolling comment/dedication text?

When you click on a track to request it, when the confirmation window pops up, there will be a text field on the right side of the window....

This is where you enter the text you want displayed...

Then just click confirm at the bottom and away you go....!
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a way though to add a comment to a track, as it's playing. This comment would then save, and show up again towards the bottom of the now playing page, or wherever, when the song is playing again. Kind of like in a forum format. That way you will be able to see all the comments left for the song, and how other listeners accociate with the song. For example, for someone who frequently visited WDW during a peak season, but hasn't been there since the introduction of fast pass, would likely accociate the space mountain star tunnel song with standing in line behind someone in a "wife beater". I think this could be an entertaining addition to the website. It would also be a good place to pool information about a certain track.

There's a song called Behind The Waterfall, which is probly one of the more popular songs in WDW. Only most people have no clue about the name, or any information about the song... many tourists, or locals, who don't pay as much attention as many of us listeners on the site do. Behind the Waterfall, if it's on here, might likely be listed as a tomorrowland track. But I'm sure some of us here know that over the years, this song has also played in many other places in WDW, such as in front and inside of Wonders of Life, at the TTC, and I think at the Contemporary. I'm not sure about the Contemporary, but once my brother was trying to hum a song back to me, to see if I recognised it. He didn't do a good job, but as it turns out (11 years later) I think it was behind the waterfall, or Bubble Shuffle, or You Drive Me Crazy? (a Michael Jackson song that used to play at the Imagination pavilion). If you do a bad job humming either of these songs, they could sound very similar. Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that any of the info I just typed, or any arguments or additional information to it, for each song could be left in a comments section for the song (basically like the comments section on youtube). In the long term, this will help many existing, and new users in a search for a certain song or songs, which they like, but don't know the name, or any info of. (it took me 4 years to find a certain song I liked which played on a Disney info channel in WDW. That song turned out to be Colonel Hathi's March from the WDW Today. I think it's track 11, and that is the reason I found this site. Unfortunatly I blew all my points on the first day looking for it, lol)
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was in Tomorrowland forever too.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me27821 wrote:
There should be a way though to add a comment to a track, as it's playing. This comment would then save, and show up again towards the bottom of the now playing page, or wherever, when the song is playing again. Kind of like in a forum format. That way you will be able to see all the comments left for the song, and how other listeners accociate with the song. For example, for someone who frequently visited WDW during a peak season, but hasn't been there since the introduction of fast pass, would likely accociate the space mountain star tunnel song with standing in line behind someone in a "wife beater". I think this could be an entertaining addition to the website. It would also be a good place to pool information about a certain track.

There's a song called Behind The Waterfall, which is probly one of the more popular songs in WDW. Only most people have no clue about the name, or any information about the song... many tourists, or locals, who don't pay as much attention as many of us listeners on the site do. Behind the Waterfall, if it's on here, might likely be listed as a tomorrowland track. But I'm sure some of us here know that over the years, this song has also played in many other places in WDW, such as in front and inside of Wonders of Life, at the TTC, and I think at the Contemporary. I'm not sure about the Contemporary, but once my brother was trying to hum a song back to me, to see if I recognised it. He didn't do a good job, but as it turns out (11 years later) I think it was behind the waterfall, or Bubble Shuffle, or You Drive Me Crazy? (a Michael Jackson song that used to play at the Imagination pavilion). If you do a bad job humming either of these songs, they could sound very similar. Anyway, what I'm getting at here is that any of the info I just typed, or any arguments or additional information to it, for each song could be left in a comments section for the song (basically like the comments section on youtube). In the long term, this will help many existing, and new users in a search for a certain song or songs, which they like, but don't know the name, or any info of. (it took me 4 years to find a certain song I liked which played on a Disney info channel in WDW. That song turned out to be Colonel Hathi's March from the WDW Today. I think it's track 11, and that is the reason I found this site. Unfortunatly I blew all my points on the first day looking for it, lol)

I've been working on that since the day I finished the Dedications.

You're getting points when you participate in the forums....1 point per post.
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a computer analyst/programmer type person may I say...

I hate users and all their wants and needs.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a programmer type myself, I always liked the below I read in a book by Rick Cook...

Paraphrasing...
Programming is a race between programmers trying to create idiot proof software and the universe in trying to create better idiots.
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to remind all of our Programer "types" out there with out Users you would not have a job. Idea So maybe you should play nice ... Bad PC ... Just relax and ... Cheers
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, we KNOW how to relax. How do you think we got so crazy? Group Hug Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... but Users always want to make us stop doing what we want to do, and always want us to do something useful. So what if we are doing something that is totally meaningless and trivial... Its FUN!
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb wrote:

Didn't realize you were a programmer type???
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theEpiphany wrote:
ltldeb wrote:

Didn't realize you were a programmer type???

Yup, was a programmer for almost 20 years before my current job.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Disney Store had you steeped in code did it? Wink.
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theEpiphany wrote:
So the Disney Store had you steeped in code did it? Wink.

No, not the Disney Store. My current FULL-TIME job silly. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: