Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Renting DVC points?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Renting DVC points?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InfamousB
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Renting DVC points? Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Very Happy I've started planning for a trip next May and noticed some information on renting other people's DVC points. Has anyone tried this? And if you did, how was the experiance? All information welcomed. This is something I never realized was done, let alone considered till only recently.

Thanks,
InfamousB
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've never rented points but from what I've heard, it can be a pretty good deal. You just need to find someone you can trust There is risk involved, but if you are confident with the renter, it can be a nice way to stay in a deluxe resort for cheap money.

Good luck and be careful.

ghost1000
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most DVC members who rent points will provide you with a rental contract that spells out the responsibilities on both sides. The going rate is around $10-11 a point. The points for your rental will depend on the size accommodation and when you want to vacation. For example, a week in a studio at Old Key West in May will cost 98 points. That same studio costs 80 points in January and 82 points in October. A one-bedroom unit at Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge in early December will cost 200 points.

I recommend the rent/trade board on Mouseowners.

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea A couple of hints here...We rented points for $12 each back in February of 2007. Rented points are a great way to see if you will like a resort. We stayed @ the SSR and found that we didn't like the resort. If we had bought there before "trying it out" we would have 1)overpaid and 2) very likely never stayed there again. While it is true you can use your points @ any resort. Buying a DVC resale on the secondary market will save you money since the price per point is always less, especially on some of the older DVC resorts. Many of the resales are going for $85-$95 per point. Idea
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: David's Disney Vacation Club rental Reply with quote

While we love staying at Beach Club, we defintely do not like the price. So ,for the 2013 marathon, we decided to give David's a try.

David's is basically a broker that connects Disney Vacation Club members with non-members who want to rent their DVC points. We were looking to rent a studio at Beach Club villas. According to the on-line WDW reservation system, four nights would have cost just over $1,700.

Through David's the reservation will cost $806.

I just received my confirmation with a link to the Disney Vacation Club website so that I can see that my reservation is in the WDW system - under my name. I just have to pay the balance and I will receive my rental agreement. I am paying using my credit card and PayPal, which gives me a better sense of security.

I'll keep you posted on any pros and cons as I go through the process, but I guess we won't know the outcome for sure until next January!! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disney Vacation Club Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: