Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - French Pavillion Like it or hate it

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

French Pavillion Like it or hate it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures. Inly a few more weeks until I can see them in person.

I really like the fiber optics.

As for France, I must admit I have never seen that attraction or even ventured down that way. And I have never eaten over there. I am still boycotting them. (They don't like us, I don't like them.)

Maybe soon since their new PM doesn't seem to be as much of jerk as the last one.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much in the back, just a bakery, a film, and a few stores (perfume)..... Not much really....
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been impressed with the France pavillion. I wouldn't mind if they swapped it out for another European country...
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW three downers on the french pavillion. I guess I'm in the minority here. I like the film, I've only eaten at the bakery but I do almost everytime I go. the shops have an interesting assortment of things to look at. It has peaceful places to sit and people watch. The guys who perform outside balancing the chairs are entertaing.

Just so you know I hate france on a historic sense. from what I have
heard the French hate us so it's mutual. Just ask my wife I have shirts that share my disdain with the french, and yes I always put french in lower case it show my disrespect for them. So when I say I enjoy the pavilion believe me I don't want to but I do.

Dancing Banana BTW I just dig the banana
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I've never been impressed with the France pavillion. I wouldn't mind if they swapped it out for another European country...

Ireland would be nice. The Republic, since the north is already represented as part of United Kingdom.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The French pavillion is just there. Rolling Eyes

My wife does like some of the pastries from the bakery.

The smell of the so called perfumes, I think fumes is the key word, ussally keeps
us out of the area.
Except if my DD finds out that Beauty and the Beast are there then we stop for
a picture and autogragh for her.

I have stopped to watch the guy do the chair balancing act but then I keep going.

In other words, Not one of my favorites.
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the French Pavillion. Impressions de France is quite possibly the jewel of Epcot for me. Camile Saint Seans, Claude Debussy, Erik Satie, Marice Ravel, and even Buddy Baker; how can you go wrong? Plus Bistro de Paris on Valentine's Day is simply superb.
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I didn't like the French pavillion. I find the tracks played on UAB to be very good.

I said I don't like the French and have never been to the pavillion. I always just hold my breath and walk real fast to get through the area.

The best thing about that area to me is that it is mile 25 on the marathon route.

Last edited by Figmentathm on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
napabeth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy - Rolling Eyes I happen to LOVE the French pavillion. Definatley one of my top 3 favorite Pavillions. The restaurants (both of them) are my second favorites (behind Morocco).

And to further disappoint you all, Paris is my favorite city in the world. I try to travel there at least every other year. I find the French people very friendly and enchanting. I am pretty much a French history "nut".

I guess the French pavillion makes me feel like I'm in Paris, sigh . . . . . . how I wish I was there now . . . . . .
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister just got back from France where they went on a bike tour, went to several vinyards, went to the Louvre, and were in Paris when the tour finished. She liked it more than she thought she would. She even tried a bit of French.

She almost makes me want to go. But Rome is next on the list for international destinations. (But Ireland is my favorite).
freezerboy
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the france pavilion.

i love walking past les chefs de france, watching people eat. if you're lucky, you get to see someone go into shock when the waiter brings le check. the fountains are beautiful. there's usually a street performer. the movie is great, and there's never a line.

i think it's the second best pavilion next to japan.

i had a good time at euro disneyland about 10 years ago. they've got sugar popcorn there.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. I always have to stop in the France pavilion, cause my brother and mother got my kids and wife on to the pastry there.

And I'll admit ti is a good bakery. I Just don't find the pavilion all that interesting. Now if they replaced the movie with a ride... Maybe something based on Jules Verne's works. Or put in a tour of the Bastille... Or Versailles. No strike that, go back to Jules Verne's concept.

Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20,000 leagues (since it left its real home) etc.

Maybe the Three musketeers should prowl the town...
CTKnight3
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Three musketeers should prowl the town...

Nice idea...I like the French Pavilion and I think France has played too important a role in US history to remove the pavilion BUT. They could add a ride or something. The Jules Verne 20,000 leagues idea is a good one. Just the Nuatilus walkthrough? And the Bakery is nice. Not as good as the Norwegian one but a nice place to stop. The crepes are too expensive and I would hate to see my wallet after trying the restaraunt.

The "fumes" give me a headache so I wish they would keep the smells inside the store.

The idea of repeating everything in french has to go though. Fine, you speak french. We do not. If the rest of the countries can speak English, why can't they? It is not as if we all did not know that you could speak the native language of any of these countries with any of the cast members there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: