King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - My Jamboree

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

My Jamboree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: My Jamboree Reply with quote

OK, I thought I would take a few moments and talk a bit about our adventure, that was UAB Jamboree 2007. Not so much the stuff we did, but the people we met.

First off, we met Bruce and Charlotte (daguru & mrsguru), at the Poly, in the lobby, bright and early Saturday morning. After a few minutes of talking, I found these 2 people to be absolutely wonderful (as did Kim). We liked them right from the start!

Next we walked to the Pier at the Poly to meet up with everyone else. David and Deb (daveypoo & ltldeb) walked up, and I recognized them immediately from the various photo's I've seen on the site. Also in tow was their daughter Elizabeth (also known as "Bug"), a quiet, yet very funny young lady. She fit right in with our loony group! David and deb were also incredibly nice, and alot of fun to hang out with.

Speaking of loony, up walks Damien (theEpiphany)and his fiance Allison (heh...just kidding). Damien had his laptop with him, with the idea of broadcasting various parts of the meet live. Damien and Allison make a very cute couple. They're both very nice, and fun people. We enjoyed every moment with them.

It's so strange, here we are meeting these people for the first time, yet I feel like I've known them forever. We've all IM'd and PM'd each other a million times...

Next was redbaron....whose real name is Hans. What a delightfully happy man. We hung out, and never seemed to be at a loss for things to talk about. He was so excited to be there with us, (as were we all), and could only release his excitement by screaming statements in a high-pitched Mickey Mouse voice (which was spot-on) ever now and then. Too funny!

evilshadey, another ex-cast member, rounded out the group...sharing our joy in having finally met everyone, and proving to be able to hold his own with our strange sense of humor, and passion for all things Disney.

On Sunday we finally met up with figmentathm and his wife DLears. They were great fun, and unfortunately couldn't spend alot of time with us. They said it was because they were spending some quality time with family, but I really think it was because Frank was too sore from running the marathon (Ha!...just messing with you Frank).

EATMON!!!!

Yes, I finally got to meet Jason (eatmon74) This tall cool drink of water was as child-like and silly,as the rest of us, and fit right in! Jason, Kim and I went on Splash Mountain together during the Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and got completely soaked!

We also were visited (although briefly) by BPGstudios. A very nice young man, who I wish we had more time to get to know.

All I can say is...start saving your money now, and make plans to join us for the next Jamboree. I guarantee you will have the time of your life! Kim and I walked away from this experience with such fond memories, and such a warm feeling, that it's impossible for me to capture it here in words. Our hosts were very gracious, and made us feel so comfortable. With the exception of one evening....

We all headed to The Adventures Club. I have never experienced it before, and was excited to see what it was all about, and why these people go there almost every night they can. So we go...

We all get a drink, watch the pre-show, and get ushered into the main theater. David got us some seats right up front...
"OK, Kim you sit there, Deb, you sit here, and Ellory......you sit here", says David.

What a nice guy....or so it seemed....

David had completely set me up. He knew that by putting me in that particular seat, that I would be picked on by the performer, and made fun of ,by being pulled up on stage and made to do all kinds of embarrassing things, in front of my new found "friends". Sure enough...I got it with both barrels. Before I knew it, I was bumping-and-grinding up on stage in front of a theater of perfect strangers. Here's the good news: I spent a good portion of my life as an actor. I studied at The Second City in Chicago, and making a fool of myself came pretty naturally....so I milked it for all it was worth!

As I walked off the stage (to a round of applause, I might add) I was immediately handed an Adventures Club Member pin. I thought, oh...isn't that nice. Then I hear David say, "you jerk (although that wasn't the exact word) I've never earned a pin!"

I guess it's quite an honor to receive one, and now that I know it....I feel very....well...honored! I'll treasure it always!

Thanks David (et al) for putting me in that particular seat, and giving me a wonderful experience!

Kim and I both felt very depressed after we said good-bye to our new friends. It really stinks to live so far from each other. I really feel like we could all hang out on a regular basis. All I want to do now, is figure out how and when we can see these wonderful people again.

If you enjoy UAB, and think it's the best place to hang out, I can tell you without reservation, that's it's all due to the warm-hearted and fun-loving Disney fans who run it.

Thank You, on behalf of Kim and Myself, for one of the best vacations we have ever had!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celery....errr....Ellory, thank you so much! One of our biggest concerns was that everyone got along and enjoyed themselves. I guess that part was a HUGE success for you and Kim.

We felt the same about you and Kim, honestly. I would have loved to spend more time with you guys. Next time, we better coordinate our time together! But the biggest question I have is....WHY AREN'T YOU TWO WORKING AT DISNEY?!?!?!? You BOTH posses the skills they are looking for! What a team y'all'd make!

As for your other observances of those in attendance, I have to agree, they are a great bunch of people.

Oh, and just so you know...I did earn a pin on Tuesday night. I had to be one of Babylonia's bodyguards. I tried to get Damien picked and it kinda backfired. But hey, I got a pin!

Send our thanks and hugs to Kim, as well as to yourself!

eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, firt thing thanks for making me teary eyed at work. Second I have to second what Ellory has said above. I love the chance to get together with my UAB friends, no let me correct mysel, my friends. I believe that if I meet any of these people outside of the site I would be friends with them. The site just happnes to be the place that I met them. I look forward to the next time that we can all get together.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory already knows what I'm about to type here but I thought I'd share it with the rest of you seeing as Jason felt he could share his 'teary eyes'. I thanked him for making me cry. He was the second person in less than 24 hours that made me cry and it's because of the great wonderful people we spent the weekend with. David will confirm how upset I was on the way to the airport yesterday. We didn't want to go home but knew we had to.

We also knew there would be other trips with some of you and that helped with the saddened feeling in our hearts. We'll have to start planning next years Jamboree soon to help us through this. Yah, that's the ticket!! That can be therapy for us. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:

Oh, and just so you know...I did earn a pin on Tuesday night. I had to be one of Babylonia's bodyguards. I tried to get Damien picked and it kinda backfired. But hey, I got a pin!

Body gaurd for Babylonia, huh??? was leather involved?...cuffs, maybe?....heh...Congrats on your pin...I wish I could have seen that!!

...Miss you guys all ready!!! Sad Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SGT623
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to have met you to Ellory
Razz

Tapping Foot
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna and I had a ball meeting all you guys. She's not wacky like most of us but enjoys being in the company of wacky. Maybe because it makes her feel normal.

And being able to meet Off Kilter, well, that was a thrill.

We stayed until Thursday, and then "enjoyed" USAirways as we darted and bounced in and out of stroms over Providence until we had to fly to Hartford to gas up and dart back.

Looking forward to the next Jamboree.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGT623 wrote:
Razz

Tapping Foot

Well Crap...I was afraid I was going to leave someone out, and I did...

Let me give you all the low-down on SGT623: This clean shaven, fashion conscience, "man-about-town", is quite possibly the biggest Adventurers Club fan of them all. So much so, that he moved right of the grounds to be as close as possible. I'm not sure what it all meant, but everyone was giving him a hard time, on account of his "popularity".... Wink ...

I think it had something to do with his animal magnetism....but I could be wrong.....heh

I was great meeting you, too..Shawn...or Sean....or Shaun.....whatever.... Razz
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellory wrote:
SGT623 wrote:
Razz

Tapping Foot

Well Crap...I was afraid I was going to leave someone out, and I did...

Let me give you all the low-down on SGT623: This clean shaven, fashion conscience, "man-about-town", is quite possibly the biggest Adventurers Club fan of them all. So much so, that he moved right of the grounds to be as close as possible. I'm not sure what it all meant, but everyone was giving him a hard time, on account of his "popularity".... Wink ...

I think it had something to do with his animal magnetism....but I could be wrong.....heh

I was great meeting you, too..Shawn...or Sean....or Shaun.....whatever.... Razz

Ellory, you talking about "Mr. Clean"? Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SGT623
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Embarassed

Well it was awesome to met you and everyone else at the jambouree! My only regret is that I had to work so much durring the meets and couldn't hang around nearly as much as I wanted to. I'll try to plan that better next time!
SGT623
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't knock my products woman! Razz
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGT623 wrote:
Quote:

Don't knock my products woman! Razz

Use them every time I wash the floor my friend! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Travel Agency All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: