Alt Text 5
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - California Adventure to get $1.1 Billion Overhaul

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

California Adventure to get $1.1 Billion Overhaul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: California Adventure to get $1.1 Billion Overhaul Reply with quote

I grabbed the LA times and sat down at my desk to find this snippet on the front page.

Quote:

Reports: Disney to announce overhaul of California Adventure
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 10/17/2007 05:36:27 AM PDT

ANAHEIM, Calif—Several newspapers are reporting that the Walt Disney Company is about to announce a massive overhaul of its California Adventure theme park in Anaheim.

Disney is expected to announce plans to spend more than $1 billion improving the park, which has long played second fiddle to its more successful neighbor, Disneyland.

News of the expected revamp was first reported by the Wall Street Journal, which spoke to unnamed sources familiar with the plan.

The Orange County Register says Disney's chief executive officer Bob Iger and other Disney officials plan to release details of the renovation, which may include new rides, at a news conference this morning.

The irony is that at least 2 of these "Major Attractions" are Pixar related...Toy Story Mania (formerly Midway MAnia) and The Pixar "Cars" attraction/land.

Enough with the Pixar attractions already Sad
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree enough with pixar. Why can't we get some more original Ideas like they did with everset. or why not use some new classics like Little mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. After all are they not called imagineers, not regergaterrs. Let's see them use their imagination please.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a "feeling" they want to but marketing and the executives...who have lost theirs (cough: tom fitz:cough:) like the idea of profit and quantity on the cheap.

Doing things for the benefits of cost is one thing....But even Walt knew and was quoted in stating that you need to spend money to make money.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testify Brother!
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
I agree enough with pixar. Why can't we get some more original Ideas like they did with everset. or why not use some new classics like Little mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. After all are they not called imagineers, not regergaterrs. Let's see them use their imagination please.

You do mean unimagineers they couldn't come up with something new if it bit them in the a##.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would think for a billion dollars they could come up with something fresh.

Immagineers with no immagination. Rolling Eyes Who would have thought???
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much of that will have to go for demo of the existing stuff, and how much will have to go to finally theming what should already have been themed.

and if they could buy a few benches.....
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chances this will all be done by Fed 2008?
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard they were building a 500 foot tall golden statue of John Lasseter...... Laughing
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
I heard they were building a 500 foot tall golden statue of John Lasseter...... Laughing

With one foot on Eisner's head... right?
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
eatmon74 wrote:

You do mean unimagineers they couldn't come up with something new if it bit them in the a##.

It's not the imagineers.....It's the management and execs that are doing the stifling.
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messageboards all over the internet are abuzz with banter over the announced and un-announced changes due for DCA.

The models and concept art look fantastic to me. I'm thrilled at the prospect of bringing more [Walt] Disney to Disney's California Adventure. Rethemeing the entrance and plaza areas are a great start, as is the fleshing out of the Victorian theme for Paradise Pier. I'm loving the Crystal Palace idea for the Little Mermaid building facade, as it will finally flesh out the San Francisco area a bit more.

I'm not as upset at Cars Land as I thought I'd be. Especially not after hearing that a "flying saucer" ride is going in, as well as finally getting a "drive-in" restaruant. I've been dying for it here since my first visit to WDW's Studios.

My only complaint? The rumored blue sky idea to place Country Bear Jamboree somewhere in the base of Grizzly Peak being shot down due to the infrastructure of the mountain itself... dang, so close!
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite Disney blogs, "Disney and More" has a break down of rennovations and new attractions.... Includes a lot of local news coverage, tons of concept artwork, and details on pretty much everything that will happen.... including the new Toy Story Mania ride (which is coming to DHS also)...

Tons of info... really nice!

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/01/disney-california-adventure-placemaking.html
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More concept images have been leaked onto the internet (ewww, it's all sticky! Smile )...

This blog has some the shots, they do look pretty cool!: http://www.originald.com/rumor-dca-concept-art/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: