King Arthur Carousel Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - DCA Future LAyout (PDF OF MAP ENCLOSED)

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

DCA Future LAyout (PDF OF MAP ENCLOSED)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: DCA Future LAyout (PDF OF MAP ENCLOSED) Reply with quote

Well while thumbing through the papers this morning...I found this map. We have a copier that can scan and e-mail which makes life convenient...so here's the MAP of what's coming to DCA allegedly...(I say Allegedly because things can change at anytime)

http://www.uabmagic.com/pdf/DCA.pdf

Any thoughts on the projects?
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting changes...

eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting to see a hovercraft type ride again. this is one of those rides I've seen in a million TV shows on old Vault Disney and have always wanted to try.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Saucers for the 21st Century...
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be interesting to compare this to what is actually there 3 years from now.
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been there the one time... but I'm surprised that more isnt being done in the far west end by the burger invasion and Mulholand Madness. That end of the park just seemed really out of place, under-used and a bit underwhelming.

I really look forward to my next trip there though - I realy enjoyed it Smile

I like some of the ideas, and will study some more about it.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
it will be interesting to compare this to what is actually there 3 years from now.

Which is the same irony of what DCA WAS supposed to be like...Vs. what it became after cutbacks and revisioning.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I checked out the map...PixarLand is what I see. I think it needed help but I am not sure about all the Pixar material.

I was there for the first time in August. Was walking around from one place to the other and...I was at the beginning again? My main suggestion would be...get rid of the midway. Also, get rid of the sun wheel. sure it is big, but once around when they load and once around when they unload? I had to wait in line for that?

Now Grizzly Peaks - that was great. And soarin is always good, but they couldnt find more to put in for flight?

Just my opinion
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamscape is running some more rumors about what may stay and what may go.... The Sun Wheel is currently slated to stay, but the sun may be replaced with a giant mickey head/icon...
Tach
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed- there's even some concept art for it out. It's causing some controversy on other communities.
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New partners statue is getting added as well....based on an image of walt that's been colorized, representing the age of walt when he moved to Hollywood.

DCA seems to be taking a gigantic step forward.
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tach wrote:
Indeed- there's even some concept art for it out. It's causing some controversy on other communities.

Some times I think Disney wants to cause controversy. Either to see what the talk is, or to distract folks from other things.
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they're going to have a giant mickey head ferris wheel next to the giant mickey head loop on the rollercoaster? Look's like it's going to be a mess. That's not a bash at the imagineers, but it seems just too much work. Half the park is cars land, what happens 5 years from now? The was no Cinderellaland, no Little Mermaid land. Just attractions. And those movies have more staying power than Cars. I've never been to DCA, but I like the look of paradise pier. Maybe a little low budget for a disney park, but it could have been plussed. It seems like every existing land's theme is getting overtaken by a pixar movie. Maybe the imagineers will figure out how to organise it more. Split the park in 2, like Epcot. Like future world, and world showcase. Pixar world, and California showcase. Or better yet, Disney's California Adventure, and Pixar's Disney Adventure. It also seems like the Walt's Life storyline is gone. But like someone else said in another post. Let's wait and see what happens. The Imagineers are free from all Eisner related garbage, so maybe they'll really pull it off. If not? Time to give in, and go back to basics. Westcot.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me27821 wrote:
The Imagineers are free from all Eisner related garbage, so maybe they'll really pull it off. If not? Time to give in, and go back to basics. Westcot.

Westcot was one of Eisner's pet projects.
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks. As far as iI can tell the new plans for DCA are pretty much what alot of people expected when Pixar took over, (you heard me). As for whether or not they will make a better experience overall remains to be seen. While I'm sure that new technology will allow for some interesting experiences, when it comes to originality that's what Disney has been known for without relying on exsisting sources; after all, POTC the ride came before POTC the movie not the other way around. Personally I'm still more interested in ANY new refurbs in the main park, but am willing to give the DCA refurbs a try so long as they don't come up short. Until later, peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: