Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - WHY DOES WHISKEY IN THE JAR KEEP PLAYING??

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

WHY DOES WHISKEY IN THE JAR KEEP PLAYING??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me either, I'm just kinda Poly'd out. Now, if there was a Horizons day. Oh boy!!!!!!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But notice that as the joke played out the last 2 days, donations went up.

So give early in the month or all you'll hear is Off Kilter and Poly.
Incredibles
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to come across as angry. Sorry if I did. I was just getting tired of hearing the same track over and over. It's one thing to hear it a couple times, but after several times during the day when it was played back to back, I guess it just got old.

Plus, I didn't understand the joke or who it was intended for. I hope it was funny for who it was intended for.

It sounds like though from your post above about other PMs and IMs that I wasn't the only one.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have a lot die hard fans around here.... some are die hard OK fans, some are die hard Poly fans, especially one of the mods: Eatmon74....

So, it's kind of a running joke between some of the more "vocal" members of the site... I think most of the people who had some issues are either new members and don't know the whole back story (kinda like you) or members who never come around the forum.... Because if they hung around in the forum more often and participated in the site, they would know that this has slowly been building, ever since our Jamboree a few weeks ago and the big Poly/OK/Rhimes/Annoying Tracks war a week or so ago (that I some how started and then bailed Wink )....

So yeah, it was all in good fun... could it have been done a little better maybe (maybe more OK tracks, then just Whiskey over and over)... but hey, it was fun and hillarious....

I applaud everyone who worked to set it up... I believe there was a very late night session to set it up.... and I really wanted to hear if there was going to be any "retaliation"....

What's the moral to this story.... spend more time in the forum, for those of you who don't (but if they don't, then this has been all for not.... yup, I'm a loser)....

In the spirit of fair play, I will not request back-to-back OK tracks for the remainder of this week and for all of next week.... I might even limit myself to just one or two total requests on Tues...

Anyone else up for a voluntary "break" from the OK/Poly Fued?
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you hate it when you have to explain jokes? Kind of like the days when Johnny Carson would bomb.

But as one involved, and part of the brunt of the joke, let me personally say...

I laughed so hard coffee came out my nose.

Thanks to all who played along.
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, I was in the same boat as you.....spitting on my screen when Angus came on. People around me were wondering why I was laughing so hard when nothing was going on in cubeland.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually...I got the idea after talking to WDWfan in Chat one day.....Called Angus up a few moments later and had him cut some new dialog....

Whiskey in the Jar was SUPPOSED to be annoying...that's why I cut it in in all but 1 track.

As far as my requests go.....I'm requesting obscure stuff for the next couple of weeks....Smile
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may request Lanai to take the edge off work but I'll lay of the Poly and go for some of my old favs that are not as long. Oh and just so everyone knows I thought the Joke was very funny.
napabeth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I think is weird is that Whiskey started out being annoying, really annoying - I was dreading hearing the song, but as the day went on it got less and less annoying and more and more funny to the point I laughed out loud each time it played -and I was talking back to Angus. I must not be well . . . . . . . . . .
Great joke! Bravo
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

napabeth wrote:
What I think is weird is that Whiskey started out being annoying, really annoying - I was dreading hearing the song, but as the day went on it got less and less annoying and more and more funny to the point I laughed out loud each time it played -and I was talking back to Angus. I must not be well . . . . . . . . . .
Great joke! Bravo

Beth....there's something really wrong with you.......I'm so proud...

One of us....One of us.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read this post again and remeber the joy of times gone by It brought a smile to my face, Very Happy
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA.... fun times!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: