Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Disney Dream Photos by Annie Leibovitz Series

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Disney Dream Photos by Annie Leibovitz Series
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Disney Dream Photos by Annie Leibovitz Series Reply with quote

In keeping with Disneyland's new pictorial collection / marketing strategy...

Here's Rachel Weisz as Snow White....::drool::

http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=10&evt=weisz-snow&pic=rachel-weisz-snow-white-01.jpg
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/video/2007/nov/01/snow.white
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's a very nice picture.

WHO AM I KIDDING! WOW!! YEE HAA! YAA HOO!

Ok, I'm better now.

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got me all excited. I thought you said Rachel Ray as Snow White. In which case she would fill out the bottom of the dress, and skin, cook, and eat the woodland creatures.

Yummo!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it to Frank, to make the situation "icky".... HEH
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daguru wrote:
Leave it to Frank, to make the situation "icky".... HEH

It's what I do best!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she is Snow White I might not be Grumpy any more. Wink
dlears
Air Traffic Controller
Air Traffic Controller

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You boys are BAD! No No
Figmentathm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLEARS wrote:
You boys are BAD! No No

Let me reiterate. It's what we do best!
allisonwonderland
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was so excited to see her do this. She makes a great snow white. Smile i still think that scarlett johansson made a great cinderella too!

not to mention that david beckham and beyonce are featured...

She also did two more with some tennis star guy and julie andrews/ abigail bresland
http://www.notcot.com/archives/2007/01/leibovitz_takes.html

New Images from Annie Leibovitz Put More Stars in More Fantasies As Disney Parks Extends 'Year of a Million Dreams'

Framed through the lens of renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz, more stars are playing out their fantasies, living out their Disney dreams.

Actress Rachel Weisz is Snow White, tennis star Roger Federer is King Arthur from The Sword in the Stone and actress Julie Andrews is the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio with actress Abigail Breslin as Fira from Disney Fairies in a new wave of celebrity images celebrating the Year of a Million Dreams at Disney Parks.

They join Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella, Beyoncé as Alice in Wonderland twirling in a teacup and David Beckham atop a steed as Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty in a 14-page insert appearing later this year in several Condé Nast publications. Johansson, Beyoncé and Beckham also starred in the first flight of Leibovitz images last January.

The new photographs, placing stars in classic Disney fairy tale settings, continue the "Disney Dream Portrait Series" of celebrity images produced by Leibovitz as Disney Parks announces an extension, through 2008, of its Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

Elaborate sets and costuming went into the transformation of Weisz, Andrews, Breslin and Federer. Soundstages morphed into pixie-dusted spectacles as Leibovitz clicked away.

"It's thrilling to have an opportunity to re-create the characters we all loved as children," Leibovitz says. "The stories are real to my own children now, and their belief inspires me."

Dreamlike images in a year of dreams was a natural, added Jay Rasulo, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "Putting celebrities right inside their fantasies reinforces the power of dreams, where anything is possible," he said. "Disney's Year of a Million Dreams is about the imaginations and dreams that are inside us all. Through the lens of Annie Leibovitz, these dreams and fantasies come alive. It's the perfect fit."

For Weisz, slipping on the familiar hair band and dress of Snow White was a dream come true. Her finished image, "Where You're the Fairest of Them All," is a soft, sylvan scene in which she is surrounded by forest friends.

"I think you always want to be Snow White, it's every little girl's dream," Weisz said.

Federer traded his tennis racket for a regal sword, posing on a rock as the gallant King Arthur. The finished photo, entitled "Where You're Always King of the Court," shows Federer, red cape flowing, beside a roiling sea. In another photo, Breslin as Fira (from the "Disney Fairies" series) reposes on a giant leaf while the wand-waving Julie Andrews as the Blue Fairy of Pinocchio showers her with pixie dust. "Where the Magic Begins," reads the photo.

The special insert will be unveiled in the December editions of Cookie, Condé Nast Traveler, Details, Glamour, GQ, Men's Vogue, New Yorker, Self, Vanity Fair, Vogue and W.

On October 1, Disney announced its Year of a Million Dreams,/i> celebration would be extended throughout 2008 at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. The celebration is filled with new attractions and entertainment plus more "dream-come-true" moments for guests than ever before.

For information about "The Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, visit disneyparks.com.
Tach
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do like that image of Rachael as Snow White, I still really prefer the look she had from "The Mummy". Her eyes were soooo dreamy.

As for King Arthur? I think a more iconic "Sword in the Stone" image with someone like Haley Joel Osment as Wort... just me, I suppose...
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh...Allison's link said she'll be doing Peter, Tink and Ariel too...fun stuff! I think they are fun and very fairy-tale-ish advertising.

: )

edit 2220: I saw this link-has a photo of Julie Andrews as the Blue Fairy, Roger Federer as KIng Arthur and some other behind the scenes ones.
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Dream Come True? Have celebrities play the role of Disney characters is clever.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rachel Weisz picture and two more were just released... They feature Roger Federer as King Arthur and Julie Andrews as the Blue Faire....

Credit should go to Disney, the originals can be found here...

I've got shots of all of the photos, including the first three.... Click the image for VERY large versions, suitable for wallpapers...

Enjoy!

ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pictures are awesome!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: