Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Holiday Charity

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Holiday Charity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Holiday Charity Reply with quote

Ok, so I probably wouldn't do this, but they are looking for extra help this year...

I've been reading a site called Ernie's House for many, many years now... He does a blog/humor site... Anyways, the reason why I started reading his site is because he is ex-Air Force and I worked for one of his former supervisors...

Well, since he has a soft spot for servicemen and women, he started an new type of charity several years ago, called Let's Bring 'Em Home... The program only runs Nov and Dec and collects money, the collected money then goes towards buying airline tickets, for service people to come home for christmas... Most of the service people have time to come home for the holidays, but can't afford it (like lower end fo the enlistment ladder)...

Each year it has gotten bigger and bigger... last year, they pulled $77,000... $74000 went for tickets (the rest went for PayPal fees, server/bandwidth fees, etc....)...

This year, there has been a larger influx of ticket requests from service personnel from overseas... Since those tickets are more expensive, they are looking for extra help this year....

So, if you have a couple of extra bucks and want to help out some hard working American servicemen and women, head over and take a look:

http://www.lbeh.org/
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, thanks for sharing it.

That is a great cause and being fomer Military I think it is great what they are doing.
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post! Thank you for sharing that...I'm heading over there, right now... Very Happy
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some positive response to this last year and of course, they are looking for help again this year, so I wanted to bring this up again.

Last year, they rasied $70,000 and helped 135 service persons...

If you have a few extra dollars or flyer miles this year, think of donating.

Ok, enough from me..... Thanks!

Let's Bring Em Home
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reposting this.
Being formed Military I feel for our people away from home.

I'll be donating again this year. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Concourse Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: