Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookie

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookie Reply with quote

Anyone ever tried Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookies?

I am curious as to how it turns out! This recipe comes straight off her fridge door.

No I'm Not KRAZY!
I do want to know all about the adventure...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookies

2/3 Cup Shortening
2/3 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Tsp. Vanilla
3 Cups Sifted Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Tsp. Salt
10 OZ. Semi-Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chips

Heat oven to 375. Mix butter & shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Add Cheddar Cheese Chips. Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
(Note: For a zesty taste treat, try Smoked Gouda Cheese Chips instead of Cheddar!)
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we eat cheesecake, so maybe cheesy cookies wouldn't be so bad! Very Happy Not that I'm going to bake them anytime soon...
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Foxer, I would totally try these. I am just not entirely sure what Cheddar Cheese Chips are. If they can be substituted for shredded cheddar they just might work...I'll keep ya posted! Razz
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!
I think Kraft has Cheddar cubes. If you give them a coarse chop, they may be the ideal size. Shredded may be to small and create a REALLY WEIRD texture and consistancy (if this recipe is not strange enough)!!! Laughing
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have off tomorrow. I'll give these a whirl and share the results!
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was kinda cool - I searched for "Semi-Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chips " on Google and just assumed I'd come up with an answer. The only place that existed was on theis Utilidors forum. Just thought that was interesting - carry on.

BTW - IM anxious to see how they turn out too Smile
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm a back-off at the next UAB Jamboree? Who has the best Cheese cookies? Think you could get Minnie to judge?
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting
Semi-Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chips Heat oven to 375. Mix butter & shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Add Cheddar Cheese Chips. ...
www.uabmagic.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=49678 - 44k - Cached - Similar pages

WOW!!
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck DylansDisneyDad! I am excited to see how they turn out! You never know.. we could be on to something!!
DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have cookies!!!

Here's the "methodology". If there is a tip I used it will be in parenthesis.

Minnie Mouse's Famous Chewy Cheesy Chip Cookies (yields aprox. 4 dozen cookies)

*2/3 Cup Shortening (I used plain shortening. I figured with 2/3 cup of butter, it was buttery enough)
*2/3 Cup Butter (I let this get to room temp and cut in into smaller pieces for easier mixing)
*1 Cup Sugar (probably could have been cut back by a 1/4 cup)
*1 Cup Brown Sugar (I used Dominos light brown "brownulated" kind, I had it left over from holiday baking. I think using Dark Brown and packing it could have made a difference. Again, could have been cut back.)
*2 Eggs
*2 Tsp. Vanilla (I thought this was going to be way too much...It was)
*3 Cups Sifted Flour
*1 Tsp. Baking Soda (I sifted this into the flour)
*1 Tsp. Salt
*10 OZ. Semi-Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chips (I bought a 10 oz. block of Sharp Cheddar and did a rough shred with a box grater. It melted well)

Heat oven to 375.
Mix butter & shortening, sugars, eggs, vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Add Cheddar Cheese Chips. Spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

HINTS!!!! The batter smelled, and tasted, great before I added the cheddar. I'd like to use it again! I would, however, cut the vanilla back to 1 tsp. It was the dominant flavor and was really too much. I cut in the dry ingredients in 3 small batches, it worked well. The dough was very stiff. I'd imagine you could refrigerate it, roll it and use cookie cutters to make shapes. I finally added the shredded cheddar by hand. It would be great fun for budding pastry chefs, but, it was VERY sticky. I sprayed my hands with cooking spray and it really helped. I dropped by tsp. and they came out to be about 1 to 1 & 1/2 inch cookies. Ten minutes means 10 minutes. They came out light brown and darkened as they cooled. I got a better color when I used dark nonstick cookie pans. When I used light nonstick, they didn't brown as well. keeping them in longer just made them burn.

Overall they weren't what I had expected. I am not sure if that is due to the fact that I don't normally use shortening so that made them taste odd to me. I was hoping for a bit more of a savory cookie. Having too much vanilla extract and what I thought was too much of both sugars didn't let the flavor of the cheddar come out. When the cheddar flavor did shine through, it really was an odd dissonanace of flavors. I wanted to do the recipe as stated to get some insight into Minnie as a baker. Perhaps her tastebuds are far superior to my human tastebuds! Wink I'd like to try to make them again, but, tweak it just a bit. I'll keep you posted on the journey!
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! That's great! Some times rather unusual ingredients can please the taste buds in an unexpected way. I remember when I worked at NAVA, a resturaunt in aATL, our pastry chef made these marvelous cumin cookies. They were basicly wafer thin sugar cookies with fresh cumin powder. They were SOO GOOD! I'm glad things went so well. You should give the cumin cookie a try sometime! They are great with Briers Vanilla Bean ice cream! Cheer
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being our experimenter, DylansDisneyDad! Sometimes weird combinations really do work well together, but it sounds like I should stick to making Wookie Cookies for now!

Foxer - when did you live in ATL? I've been in the area since '99, and actually in Atlanta (East Atlanta Village) about four years now.
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Atlanta all my life till about 2001 when I bought a home and moved to Daytona to be near my elderly grandmother (who lives there alone). HATED IT THERE, so now I live in Lake Buena Vista, not too far from Daytona, and work for the mouse. In 99 I lived in a house hidden way back in the trees on Lenox Rd. between Peachtree & Buford Highway. Behind Roasters if you are familliar w/ that place. I REALLY MISS ATLANTA! I will be moving back in the next 3 years!
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have U ever heard of Backstreet?
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buford and P'tree... nice. I know exactly where you mean. Backstreet for sure - that place was crazy! Good old Charlie Brown. You know they got shut down about five years ago? The Chamber is gone, too, if you ever heard of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: