Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - What seems a little off to you

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

What seems a little off to you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: What seems a little off to you Reply with quote

Ok here we go:
This forum is about the things that when you ride a Disney ride some part of the show element is just a little off to you. For example, in the old SSE there was a craftsman (DaVinci?) sculpting a woman. In the sculpture she was, ahem, exposed. However, in the new SSE,the sculpture's torso is now covered.

I'll go first:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, you end up in heck. A Disney ride that sends you to heck.
Weird.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, first off: This FORUM is dedicated to all things Disney; this THREAD is dedicated to those Disney attractions that are a little off. Smile Wink

I've ALWAYS agreed that it was odd that you go to heck in Mr. Toad. I also found it a little weird that there was a partially neked woman on SSE, but since it was art, I figured it was OK. Not they've covered her?!?! No more cheap thrills there I guess! Wink

Haunted Mansion...Ghost host hangs himself as a "way out". Not very "Disney" in it's message (and I'm not complaining mind you, just different from most other things in the parks).

jahosifatz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum/Thread.....you and your symantics. You know what Dave, you're a little off. Razz
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does the grandmother in Walt Disney's Carousel Of Progress in Disneyworld sound like she's about 30? This is the one playing video games...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz wrote:
Forum/Thread.....you and your symantics. You know what Dave, you're a little off. Razz

Wrong again...I'm WAY OFF!! Smile

blinkereye123
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again. Speaking of naked torsos, someone else mentioned on another site that there are a couple of places where things get a little risque. Most notably POTC, in the saloon wreckage at the beginning there's a painting of a topless buxom wench/mermaid hanging towards the back, although it's TOO detailed the very fact it's there after all the other PC hoopla some years ago does seem a tad ironic. Also, in the (original) Submarine Voyage you may have been able to glance some of the stragically placed starfish pasties on the floating memaids. And last but not least Peter Pan's Flight may or may not have it's own mermaid scandel going on, (I think it depends on which park you're at). Anyway, before I get hauled away let me close by also mentioning something that often left me shuddering; the CBJ during the "Little Buford" number, that painted backdrop of all the farm animals looking towards the woodshed always made me want to behave myself just a little bit better. Especially when Henry says 'bang'! Well that's it for now. Peace.
DarthTiki
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and what's the deal with the five legged goat?

(Visible when riding the Monorail through the Contemporary.)

Twisted Evil
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in some cases, WDW for instance it not only deals with bible belters but also and international brand of tourist so you need to lighten up in this country we seem to sex in two different lights one: taboo don't discuss it with your kids, two: use it to sell, promote and show off anything. now what kind of mixed message is that. Europeans and most other countries have gotten over it long long ago. This is why you have mixed messages on rides and movies in particular. Now i know what your thinking what does this have to do with WDW well the rides the uniforms and people in general I guess we need to grow up a little as a country before we can really criticize other on anything.

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: