Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - American Idol at DHS ?!?!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

American Idol at DHS ?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: American Idol at DHS ?!?! Reply with quote

There has been a rumor going around about what might be going into the ABC Theater.... Well, it is confirmed, but with a twist.... The rumor had been an "American Idol" type attraction, but it actually will be a true "American Idol" show!

Quote:

Disney Creating 'American Idol' Theme Park Attraction
Winners Get Passes To Regional Auditions Of Popular Show

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will create an "American Idol" attraction at its Hollywood Studios theme park that will offer winners a guaranteed reservation for a regional audition on the popular TV show.

The 'Idol' attraction will be a high-energy Disney show allowing singers to experience the excitement of auditioning on a stage in

front of judges.

"Our goal is to try to recreate the excitement of those 24 people who show up on that 'American Idol' stage," Disney Parks chairman Jay Rasulo told The Associated Press. "We believe many, many viewers want to know exactly how that feels, and we're going to try to reproduce that feeling for them."

The audition process is open to all eligible to register, according to Disney officials.

Participants will perform live in video kiosks in view of a panel of screeners.

Singers who pass this screening test will move on to another stage before a Disney Hollywood Studios producer to be cast in a theme park show.

The performers will work with a vocal coach, hair and make-up artists before singing in front of a live audience and a panel of judges.

Performers with the highest votes will then compete in an end-of-day Grand Finale show at Walt Disney World.

The winner will receive a guaranteed reservation for a future regional stadium audition -- with no waiting in long lines.

However, when it comes to the actual television auditions, everyone is treated equal, according to Disney officials.

"This partnership brings the number one show on television, watched in over 100 countries, to the number one theme park destination in the world," EVP for Licensing for FremantleMedia Enterprises Keith Hindle said. "It is a perfect combination and opportunity to offer everyone a taste of the 'American Idol' experience."

The attraction is slated to open in late 2008.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Source: http://www.local6.com/entertainment/15247104/detail.html

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you call it when "Reality" TV starts becoming the true Reality?

Maybe Disney feels folks will plop down a day's admission just for a chance to get in line, for a chance to be chosen, for a chance to be chosen, to go to the true auditions, where they might have a chance to move on.

Hope this works out for them, and hope folks enjoy it, cause I for one am gonna find better uses for my time.
kray
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
Hope this works out for them, and hope folks enjoy it, cause I for one am gonna find better uses for my time.

I couldn't agree more!
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:

Yes I'll find a better use for my time. Like watching the grass grow. Very Happy
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with John. I'll put some Irish in a glass and time how long it takes the ice to melt. My guess is the glass will be empty before the ice all melts and I'll have to start again.

There is nothing but doo-doo on TV these days. If it wasn't for A&E and the History Channel, I'd sell the TV and cancel cable.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if we can get enough of that Irish from the glass and into Frank, we might see him up there...! He can already dance!

hahaha!
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this, and wow. Just wow. wow. (BTW that's a sarcastic wow.)
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gag.. I am so sick of American Idol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: