Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Fastest way to get from MK to HS

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Fastest way to get from MK to HS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancinBelle
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Fastest way to get from MK to HS Reply with quote

I have a reservation to have lunch in the Hollywood Studios park, and my family is going to Magic Kingdom that day. I need to know: what is the fastest way to get from Magic Kingdom to Hollywood Studios by 11:30?

I'm doing the Dine with an Imagineer program, since it's my dream job. I had to pay for it myself (no easy feat for an unemployed teenager). I can't wait!!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably have just two options, take the Resort Monorail to Contemp and catch a DHS bus from the resort. This could possibly take 45-60 mins to get from MK to DHS. I would try leaving MK before 10:30, to make sure you get there on time.

The other option would be a taxi cab, from MK to DHS... but since you mentioned that you are an unemployed teenager, this might not be a viable option.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the Dining with an Imagineer and it's a great time. My advice is to be prepared to ask what you really want to know. Remember, they pull from who is available so you won't know who your imagineer is until that day (I believe).

As for getting from MK to DHS, you have a couple of options, and they all depend on when you leave MK.

You could go by bus from TTC; that will be your most direct route. Or take the monorail from TTC to Epcot, then take a Friendship launch from Epcot (International Gateway) (or the resorts) over to DHS. You could also get a taxi from MK to DHS, or even walk over to The Contemporary and grab a bus from there. But for the sake of time, the most direct transportation will be your fastest. And if your lunch is at 11:30, make sure to get there by 11 (just to be safe).

Good luck and have fun!

DancinBelle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas! Is there a bus that runs straight from Epcot to DHS? My resort is the Caribbean beach, I might go that way too. Too many choices!! Confused
foxer76
Baggage Screener
Baggage Screener

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a bus direct.
MikeA
Airline Food and Beverage
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would walk to Contemporary, and then bus to the Studios.
It's like 10 minutes from the MK entrance to the Contemporary front door. hopefully less than 20 minutes for a bus, plus the 15 minute ride there, and a 5 minute walk in to the park. I dont know where the bus stop is for Contemporary though... you should check that out first for sure.

I'd love to hear from someone how the Imagineer lunch is. I've been contemplating trying that sometime. Seems like the whole experience depends on what Imagineer they have attend.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Contemp bus stop is outside, ground floor, to the right of the building. It is underneth where the monorail enters the Contemp and the MK Observation Desk is at (same side as the new DVC tower)....

There are two benches, no actual signs, all Contemp busses stop here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: