Expedition Everest Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - With a headline like this...who needs comics?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

With a headline like this...who needs comics?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: With a headline like this...who needs comics? Reply with quote

This just in on my google news feed:

"Disney says no to ‘Musical’ panties"

Yah...this was quite an oversight Embarassed ...here's the rest of the article from Reuters:

"Posted by: Gina Keating
Tags: Fan Fare, Ashley Tisdale, High School Musical, High School Musical 2, Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron

mickey.jpgDisney said on Friday that it has stopped selling a line of panties for girls after parents in Britain complained about the message printed on them.

The underwear, made for ‘tween girls, invited the the reader to ”Dive In” and was, according to company officials, themed for a swimming pool scene from the Disney Channel hit movie,”High School Musical 2.”

Ahh to have been in that product brainstorming session!

In that scene, “HSM2″ boyfriend and girlfriend, Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, sing about their love and dance in and around a swimming pool at the country club wherezac2.jpg both of their characters work during the summer.

“Unfortunately, an oversight was made and the text on the underwear was used out context,” Disney said in a statement. “This product will not be part of any forthcoming collections and the remaining product has been removed from shelves.” "

Ok...you can't tell me you didn't even chuckle a bit???!??

: )
ltldeb
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My God! I know I'm tired from working all night, but I Rolling On Floor my Rump off!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ltldeb wrote:
Oh My God! I know I'm tired from working all night, but I Rolling On Floor my Rump off!

Whew I'm glad I'm not the only one!

: )
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, Disney does some silly things...and I can't believe NO ONE thought that a phrase like that on girls underwear was a BAD THING!

But MAN that is funny!

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gee, I guess folks really should read all those memos from the products department...
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha!! That is AWESOME! Laughing You'd think SOMEONE down the long line of people and approvals would have noticed the oversight...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> General Disney Discussion Past, Present and Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: