Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - More WDW Cuts: This time a whole party!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

More WDW Cuts: This time a whole party!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: More WDW Cuts: This time a whole party! Reply with quote

This news just came out, but Disney is cancelling all future Pirate and Princess Parties have been cancelled.... I did a quick search of the WDW site and I was unable to locate any mention of the after hours event on the site.

This is just another cost cutting measure by Disney, some have been already announced and rumors of more:

*Flower and Garden Festivals; live concerts will be cut back to just 3 days a week
*Earlier closing times for parks, including the already announced Epcot closing at 8:00pm on Friday starting in January
*Live entertainment cut backs (already discussed here)
*PI and DTD changes (already discussed)
*Nightly Fantasmic shows being cut (already discussed)

and the rumor is that there will be some pretty wide spread lay offs after the first of the year (this is just a rumor, so take with a grain of salt right now)....

I read a post over at another site that figured out that the single day single part entrance fee has been raised over 1 cent everyday for the last three 3 years! Wonder how long it is going to be until they do yet another price increase.... Sad
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was Nov. 7th, the Pirate and Princess Party tickets were supposed to go on sale. So on that day I called to purchase them, but was told the Pirate and Princess Party was on hold. The cast members at the ticket center had no idea why they were told it was on hold. They told me to call back next week. Later that same day, I saw Disney was not doing so good. They were not make'n the money they should be in this quarter. I checked the Disney's web site calender and operation hours, and found they changed the hours the parks would be open during my up coming vacation. They are closing the parks one hour earlier every day of our visit.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a thought lower the price more people come more revenue everyone wins oh and then theyll make money on large amounts of people instead of per person

heres a unique concept cut the fat at the top not the bottom duh more money can be saved there first anyway

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is always some cuts to be made when times are slow.

But I don't think the guys on top ever take into consideration how much
the cut effect the service levels they only seem try to make the numbers
on the spread sheet look good. Rolling Eyes
I have noticied my last few trips that the service in lots of areas was not was it used
to be. Sad
If people come to exspect a certian level of service and don't get it they will go else
where to get their moneys worth.

Besides I work for a big worldwide company and when they say they are not making
money this quarter it means that they will only make $35 million not $50 million. Rolling Eyes
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it still makes more sense to cut from the top you save more money that way than a whole bunch of entry level positions (former shop steward speaking) because how can you manage a company that needs to provide a service if you have no servants to provide?

I still say they'd get more guests if they reduce their entry fees and everything else.

Last edited by redbaron314 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ericpabear
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redbaron314 wrote:
but it still makes more sense to cut from the top you save more money that way than a whole bunch of entry level positions (former shop stuart speaking) because how can you manage a company that needs provide a service if you have no servants to to provide?

I believe the way you do. Why continue to reward the people on top and punish the people on the bottom, (the guys doing all the work). So the qaurter wasn't as good as expected. The guys at the top should not get a reward (bonus) till things got better. Then next quarter, if things got worst, lets talk about salary cuts, (at the top). Then finally, if the next qaurter suffers a lost, then it's time for the ax to fall, (at the top). Reorganise, starting from the executive branch of the company, then downward.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

besides in this case deflation is a good thing if it makes things more affordable in all sectors including tourism especially when it comes to Disney and Orlando.

WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree they need to cut the prices. If only in response to the economy.

From all the folks I've been talking to at Disney, I am surprised the Pirates/Princess lasted as long as it did. From what I've heard it never was as popular as they wanted it to be...

And I've heard attendance is off significantly this year. (again, cutting costs might help with this...)

Hopefully they will be able to make due with out laying folks off.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah right price cuts would due a whole lot more i think than giving away free nights to stay on property

DylansDisneyDad
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I though the whole point of the After Hours Events was that it was something unique. You couldn't do it every day. We went to the 1st P&P party and it was special because it was a "limited" time event. When they took it year round, they took away it's uniquness. Maybe they will resurect it when/if POTC IV comes out, but, who knows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: