Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Favorite UAB Moment

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Favorite UAB Moment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Favorite UAB Moment Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,
I just wanted to share my top three favorite moments here at UAB:

1. EATMON74 being yelled out for the first time by Angus

2. My first meet at then MGM and my first trip to Adventures Club.

3. The prank pulled on me changing the Poly tracks with Off Kilter
Dyemooch
Airplane Mechanic
Airplane Mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna miss Angus, man!
I loved listening to him reading off donator names with little quips after each! It was fun hearin' the guy say my name as well.

My favorite UAB moment was when I participated in the Hidden Mickey contest! I didn't win, but I had a LOT of fun- was hoping to do another, but that will only happen in my mind, I suppose!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many....

GrumpyDaddy and me getting our stories and pictures on the site after running the half marathon/marathon in 2006. I still have that singlet with the UAB banner across the back and I'll wear it more this year in memory of this site and my friends.

Donna-Lee and me getting our pictures posted when we got married in 2006, sporting our Mouse ears outside the church.

Okay, this one isn't about me getting my picture posted on UAB....Having Figment for a few weeks and telling the story of his visit. On my next trip to Epcot, I'll get my own Figment.

The meet at Epcot in October 2007. I met a few of you and it was a pleasure.

Teasing Eatmon about Poly tracks. Teaming up with Daguru to play lots of Off Kilter.

Ellory's Epcot Experience. Always played the tracks that make me homesick for Epcot.

Angus and MacDougal. Made me homesick for the Rose and Crown.

Donna-Lee winning Christmas ornaments in the 12 Days of Christmas contest. They hang on our tree every year.

Turning on the Broadcast every Saturday and Sunday morning as soon as we get up so we can hear it while we enjoy breakfast together.

Okay...if I don't stop now I may just break into tears....in a manly way.

Thanks to all who have made this site what it is. See you on the boards.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been around awhile...and I haven't posted anything to any of these threads because it is all so bitter-sweet.

1. The FRIENDS I've made...lifelong friendships that have grown out of the true pleasure we receive from Disney...meeting for the first time dressed in our 1920's attire, celebrating the DCA Tower of Terror opening!

2. Watching the birth of UAB...and seeing it grow!

3. Seeing my friends live their dream...caring for each other through it all...

:sigh:

: )
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....I've had so many wonderful experiences here.

1. First moment was when I stumbled on this site while googling "Utilidors" one day. I was a bit confused at first, but figured....what the heck...I'll register and see what it's all about. As soon as I did , I of course discovered the wonderful music. But after clicking around the site, I realized, this place offered so much more. I saw the way the people interacted with other. the relationships that were here, and I thought "this is somewhere I want to be". So I got involved with the forums little by little. Needless to say, I have built many friendships since that time, that (I hope) will last a lifetime.

2. Getting involved. I started feeling a true sense of belonging early on. I was just starting to get into some very basic graphic work, so I started making some avatars for people (even though they never actually asked me to). I sent them out, and was very surprised to start getting requests for some more. It gave me a true sense of contributing.

3. Being asked to be a Modertor was a thrill. This site had, by that time, given me such joy, that it was an honor to asked to give back a little. I checked out all the forums, to make sure they were on track. deleted a couple of "questionable" comments here and there....not too many. Working with the Admins was great. I finally learned how to work Photoshop, and started doing all the banners for the Home Page.

4. A chance to have my own show? Are you kidding? When theEpiphany suggested "EPCOT" as a theme, I was thrilled! It's by far my favorite place to relax. I've always thought the best music from all the parks was from EPCOT. It's so diverse.

5. The next thing was when we had to come up with a replacement host for the "Artists Block" show. theEpiphany and I brain stormed, and came up with a really stupid idea...but it made us laugh. Since Off Kilter was played so much on that show...why not give the hosts Scottish accents? We recorded a couple of test intros and ran it past the rest of the Admins. They all seemed to like it, and thus Angus and MacDoogal were born. (By the way...if you didn't know....I'm Angus, and theEpiphany is MacDoogal.)

6. Lastly was the offer to be an Admin. Joining in the discision making, the behind the scenes communication. Coming up with new contests, and ideas for the site. I loved it. Yes...sometimes there was a lot of work, and not enough hours in the day to work on UAB, as well as deal with family and work. But I think we all loved this place so much, that most of the time, you could hardly call it a "chore".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this site is truely a place of love. A group of people who came together with a common love for Disney, and found each other. Having visited most of the other sites out there, I think it's safe to say that we (by far) have the cream of the crop membership.

I plan on keeping in touch with everyone from UAB on the Friends of UAB Facebook site. I seriously want to schedule UAB reunion Jamboree's...and I'd love to start a couple of the favorite game threads over there.

I will miss this place, and all the people who have touched my heart, and who I am proud to call friends.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!!! There's no real Angus and MacDoogal? Say it isn't so. I've heard them, I've seen Angus' picture on the map. I saw MacDoogal's kilt hanging in the restroom at Rose and Crown. (it was nasty too.)

Next thing you'll be saying is that there is a person in a costume and no real Mickey Mouse. Or that Figment is just...well, a figment of the imgination.
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
What!!! There's no real Angus and MacDoogal? Say it isn't so. I've heard them, I've seen Angus' picture on the map. I saw MacDoogal's kilt hanging in the restroom at Rose and Crown. (it was nasty too.)

Next thing you'll be saying is that there is a person in a costume and no real Mickey Mouse. Or that Figment is just...well, a figment of the imgination.

Quick!! Someone buy Frank a beer Beer Mug Drink before he has a meltdown. Wink
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew those guys were too Scottish to be true, but I had no idea who their alter egos were! Well played, Ellory! I loved hearing my username pronounced with a Scottish accent!!

It's hard to say what my favorite UAB moments are... I've always enjoyed this site so much. But, I will try....

-Seeing Figment's adventures and then getting to host him myself has been a big highlight.

-Meeting some of you, like theEpiphany and Allison, and the Gurus... and forming cross-country friendships with others.

-Ellory's Epcot Adventure: There is nothing like getting lost in my favorite park once a week. I am going to miss that show so much.

-Going to the parks is a whole new experience for me now because of this site. I am so much more conscious of the music, which I took for granted in the past. I love hearing music I recognize, as well as noticing tunes that are new to me.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What! There is no Angus and MacDoogal! Hold on - - the room is swimming. Reality has some how been warped!

I guess it makes sense. We all contributed to hear Angus red off our names... would we have done so if we knew it was Ellory? (Well yeah - we would have...)
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I've had so many fun experiences on this site:

1: Definitely the Poly vs. Off Kilter battle (so many of them)

2: The Trivia chat nights

3: The beatbox requests

4: And of course the ability to run Horizons tracks at hours on end.

I'm gonna miss you guys.
SavetheKing87
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver
Parking Lot Shuttle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been many times where a track will play that I haven't heard since I experienced it, and I just completely flashback to a trip as a child to WDW. Sometimes I don't even snap out of it till two of three tracks later. UAB is the closest to time travel I'll ever come I think. Truly a magical experience every time I tuned in.
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey King, remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqJBRh8pqsA

Ahhh.... good times!

I'm so glad the site isn't going dark... losing the AdvClub AND UAB in such close proximity would have been too much to handle...
wdwaddict
Co-Pilot
Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite moment was when TheEpiphany said that UAB would stay on the air during a midday announcement Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meyer4
Airport Utility Worker
Airport Utility Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday at 1200 CST! Chicken Little
jahosifatz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my fave moments are knowing what everyone requests:

Lil Deb - Club 33 tracks, A Bug's Life Suite
Eatmon - Poly
Daguru - OK
Me - HORIZONS!!!!! Yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: