Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - GM Looks to be out of Test Track

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

GM Looks to be out of Test Track
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilmBuff90
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eatmon74 wrote:
I agree but how do you explain Nemo taking up residence at the Living Seas and that silly looking purple "thing" that has cursed future world since1982.

That causes some conflicting feelings, since Nemo works to a degree.

But, imagination crosses all time periods, so that purple "thing" is fine. It's the Eric Idle part that's cursed future world, as much respect as I have for him for Monty Python.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need for Cars to take over test track... I would hope some one would step up sponsorship. It is a great ride and great publicity for the company that does it.

I can see both GM and Disney not wanting GM to re-invest. Look at all the grief the company's taking money from the government are taking for legitimate purposes, I think you would be hard pressed to justify investing at Disney. I think Disney would rather avoid that as well.
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about a nascar indorsement and education nascar has done for the car world what wars have done for medicine

If Epcot is educational let a racing brand sponsor then educate the public how important racing is in developing modern family cars plus it would be a bonus for the racing industry

See everyone wins!!!

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer

Last edited by redbaron314 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do all attractions at Epcot have to have a sponsor? Disney threw in the towel on keeping Epcot "EPCOT Center" almost 15 years ago. When it opened, all the major attractions had sponsors that went hand-in-hand with the theme: The Land had Kraft, Universe of Energy had Exxon and so on. Without sponsors, Disney wll have to resort to adding their own brand (i.e. characters) to each attraction. Let's pray sponsors will pony up and give Disney money to have their company's name attached to a crowd-pleasing attraction and keep Epcot as 'Disney character-less' as possible.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the NASCAR sponsorship idea. Only two issue I would see to work out there.

1) Test track makes right hand turns and has all the other non-racing portions of it. might have to tweak the story line

2)From what I've read NASCAR is not doing so hot now either and if GM or another major manufacturer folds, it is questionable if NASCARcan survive with out taking in a foreign maker like Honda or Toyota.
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NASCAR challenge, sponsored by Copenhagen snuff!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh contrare...the loop at test track is left turn only. You could actually construct a mock grand stand with fans cheering as you pass by, with a guy waving a checkered flag!

Bouncing Dale Bouncing Dumbo Bouncing Figment Bouncing Koda Bouncing Sorcerer Mickey Excited
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe everyone was refering to the portions inside the building. But you know, it wouldn't be too difficult to retheme the interior, maybe showcasing the various tracks, like Infineon, Bristol, Charlotte, Martinsville, and then ending on the high banks of Daytona....

Sounds cool.... but will never happen!
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to say have NASCAR and Budwieser co-sponsor the ride... but I can see all sorts of objections to that.
eatmon74
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant
Airline Jet Fuel Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see why you all can't just let the inevitable happen. Just let Cars take over and let it be. I mean at least Disney has not found a sink hole under it and feels it needs to be nocked down.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big Nascar fan, but the idea does have merit. Many manufacturers use racing as a development platform for their cars, so in theory even a sponsoring manufacturer could have a racing theme. Honda (until this year), Toyota, BMW, etc. in Formula 1... Audi, Mazda, Porsche, Ferrari in sports car racing, etc.
UltraByte
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pointless to put Cars in with Test Track, seeing as how they're making a Test Track-esque attraction in DCA when they make the Carsland addition.

NASCAR would be... weird to associate with Test Track, seeing as the ride's a mock crash test course, save the runway at the end (love that part). They already have the Indy Speedway ride at the Magic Kingdom, so why have another racing attraction?
me27821
Airport Engineer
Airport Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
C33 wrote:
Test Track is too big and too popular for Disney to close it, even if it did lose sponsorship. It's happened before after all, with other Epcot pavillions. Besides, given the current economic climate which has frozen a lot of WDW's development plans, it would make a lot more sense to simply keep operating the attraction than try and build a new one with a new sponsor.

They would, I suppose, have to remove the GM references though.

Maybe a merger of some old attractions. "Dreamfinder presents Body Wars Test Track Horizons"

Lol, I would seriously never go on that. Attaching the Horizons name to Test Track is a criminal offense. Test Track was at the beginning of the trend of a cluttered mess being passed off as a theme. And Horizons was one of the greatest Disney attractions to be given the axe.

But still that's funny, and would be better than a Cars theme!
jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm, I think we all know how I feel about Horizons.

Anyways, let's convert Test Track back to WOM!

Convert Test Track back! Convert Test Track back!!!!
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring back HORIZONS Bring back HORIZONS Bring back HORIZONS!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: