Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - HALLOWEENTIME!!!

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

HALLOWEENTIME!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: HALLOWEENTIME!!! Reply with quote

Have you guys seen this site????

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/specialEvents/detail?name=HalloweenTimeSpecialEventPage

WOW! So excited!

: )
UncleDick
Airplane Inspector
Airplane Inspector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first I've heard about the NMBC-themed fireworks. The logic behind the popularity of that film continues to elude me, but the fireworks could be fun. I've grown tired of the Nightmare overlay on the Mansion, however. It makes all of the carefully staged scenes way too colorful and "busy".
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wandering about the site...and they are really pushing DLR as a fall destination! I love the decorations...and what they do over at Big Thunder Mountain Ranch.

I'm SUPER excited to see Space Mountain and the fireworks. I see they've done a new tour as well...I liked the Mysteries one a few years back...and now am very tempted to take part in this one! Hope I can do it!

I love that there are colouring pages and things available for nearly every theme at the parks...helps keep a little Disney alive here at home.

I think the site is great...def made me a lot more excited for my trip in October!!

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems they're transplanting the "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" over there. I'm minimally familiar with Disneyland, so I don't know if they already offer the party. Please forgive me if they do. For approximately $55, you get a limited-ticket-event reign of the park, candy from trick-or-treating, and amazing fireworks and parade. I have made it a mission to actually watch the stage show this year! I may be partial since Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I love Nightmare Before Christmas, but it really is a lot of fun, for both kids and grown-ups. It's not often you get to dress up in costume garb and go into the parks!
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah...they have been running a Halloween Party for a few years. It is held over at DCA. They've been having Halloweentime for a few years as well...this year they really seemed to have ramped it up!

I'll be at Not So Scary when I'm at WDW...and undecided if i want to try out the DCA party whilst there or stick to DL.

Ah...decisions!

zeppelindude
Passenger Service Agent
Passenger Service Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick to DL. I went to the Halloween party once a few years back, and it was awful. Not enough things to do in DCA that are halloween related, now that Golden "Screams" is gone.

OT, I am extremly excited for the halloween fireworks and Space Mountain. As soon as i get over there I'll let you guys know how they are Very Happy
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeppelindude wrote:
Stick to DL. I went to the Halloween party once a few years back, and it was awful. Not enough things to do in DCA that are halloween related, now that Golden "Screams" is gone.

I wasn't a fan of the Screams show....no, not at all.

Very excited for the new features as well as the old...all the carved pumpkins at the roundup and all...good times!
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Hill has a really nice article about the new Halloween Fireworks show at Disneyland (which is actually an upgraded version of MK: Happy Hallowishes, with Jack Skellington as the MC instead of the Ghost Host)...

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2009/10/07/halloween-screams-fireworks.aspx

It sounds awesome... I wish they would do more of the hd projections here at MK...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: