Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Jungle Cruise Quietly Being Updated

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Jungle Cruise Quietly Being Updated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Jungle Cruise Quietly Being Updated Reply with quote

I have been reading rumors and statements all over about some after hours work being done on the Jungle Cruise at WDW. The rumors are that the imagineers have been referbing and in some cases upgrading the AA animals. There are even rumors that the ride may eventually close for several months next year to complete all of the work.

They have also been saying that the new script will start soon...

Sounds awesome... I love that ride!
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they'll give the skippers the freedoms that they have in DL where they're a lot funnier. My last few skippers in WDW were so plain and boring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with the scripts. I haven't had a good skipper in years. Last time I was on (last summer?), the skipper let out a blood curdling scream and made some babies (literally) in the rear of the boat cry.

Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Living with the Land. Like the ditching of the faux guns at the hippo scene...
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
Agreed with the scripts. I haven't had a good skipper in years. Last time I was on (last summer?), the skipper let out a blood curdling scream and made some babies (literally) in the rear of the boat cry.

Hopefully it doesn't go the way of Living with the Land. Like the ditching of the faux guns at the hippo scene...

We've had some good guides the last few times. As for the guns, they just brought them back a few years ago after a long absence, although they don't shoot at the hippos as they did originally. They just "scare" it. Like a hippo would be afraid of that noise.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:
We've had some good guides the last few times. As for the guns, they just brought them back a few years ago after a long absence, although they don't shoot at the hippos as they did originally. They just "scare" it. Like a hippo would be afraid of that noise.

If the hippos are fine with the Safari truck at AK...

I don't recall the gun at all on the last few times. Maybe because it's not used in the way I remember. Skipper preference on the use, perhaps? I used to adore the attraction, but it is definitely one that needs a smidge of help. I can typically pass it by (mostly since Matt is pulling me over to Pirates).

As for the guns, it's if and when they get rid of the shootin' gallery Matt will be there in protest. Shocked

I'll be there too... In the park... Over on the wildest ride in the wilderness. Very Happy
mdegrand
Airline Food and Beverage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
As for the guns, it's if and when they get rid of the shootin' gallery Matt will be there in protest.

I'll give you my Shootin' Gallery .54 Hawken rifle when you take it from my cold dead hands!

Very Happy
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you, but this may be a whole new discussion for a separate thread: How can you have Frontierland or Pirates without guns? As a kid, that was one of my greatest joys - shooting the air rifles on Tom Sawyer island back when they actually fired out a strong burst of air. At least they still make noise, but I preferred when they were more realistic.

It's funny that every little boy you take to the park wants a gun to play with, even if they've been brought up to be wary of them and not encouraged to learn how to use one. I hope Disney never does away with the toy guns and the guns on the attractions (although the JC pistols at WDW don't seem to be used anymore).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have read on other boards, there is supposed to be a big Skipper reunion this weekend (I think it is this Saturday)... approx 150 former and current Skippers are going to spend the day in the park and have a huge meet & greet over at the Jungle Cruise... They are also supposed to be wearing the same outfit... I'm sure it is going to be a sight to see!
mdegrand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll know it's them when you see people pointing out their favorite plants.
mdegrand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmiller15211 wrote:
It's funny that every little boy you take to the park wants a gun to play with, even if they've been brought up to be wary of them and not encouraged to learn how to use one. I hope Disney never does away with the toy guns and the guns on the attractions (although the JC pistols at WDW don't seem to be used anymore).

It's bad enough that they've sissified the guns that they do sell. I think I still have my PotC pistol that is made of metal (oh, horrors!) and never had a bright orange cap at the end. It just had the sticker reminding you to check it in your luggage if you are travelling by plane. Times have changed. Kids aren't as cool as we were. Cool
kmiller15211
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my Frontierland revolver pistol somewhere that is also made of metal, cocks back, and clicks shut very convincingly.

That and my Figment hat that has the horns 'built-in' Smile
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jahosifatz
Business Class Ticket Holder
Business Class Ticket Holder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.

Hope they don't let Jason Surrell rewrite the script. He ruined GMR.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guns are a part of pirates, a part of the American revolution, part of the American West, and they are part of Adventuring in the wild with animals.

There is a difference between encouraging gun use and being period accurate. I say leave leave em in JC, Pirates, Tom Sawyer isle... And bring back the cannon salutes between the riverboat and the fort.

As to the thread itself. I am very pleased to hear this ride is getting some attention. They can improve so much on the AA originally used and this is such an awesome ride.

I'd love to see a picture of 150 Jungle cruise capt's all in the queue in costume or all on the a boat pointing to their favorite foliage.

Beside... where else can we see the backside of water...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: