Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - "Toy Story - The Musical"; Coming to DCA

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

"Toy Story - The Musical"; Coming to DCA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: "Toy Story - The Musical"; Coming to DCA Reply with quote

“Toy Story –The Musical” Coming to Disney’s California Adventure Park Early 2011

If you love musicals as much as I do, then you’re going to be thrilled with today’s news.

“Toy Story – The Musical” will take over Hyperion Theatre in Disney’s California Adventure park in early 2011.

The characters and playful plot from the original Disney•Pixar film, Toy Story, will come to life before your eyes in this dazzling, musical stage spectacular where you’ll be treated to a unique “toys’ eye view” of life in Andy’s room. The stage show will feature larger-than-life set design, new songs, vivid projected backgrounds and elaborate costumes.

The 50-minute musical will preserve the humor and heart of the original film and will explore the true meaning of friendship as Buzz Lightyear and Woody transform from jealous adversaries to best friends with an unbreakable bond.

To make way for this exciting addition to Disney’s California Adventure park, “Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” will close August 15, 2010. If you’re visiting the Disneyland Resort this holiday season, don’t miss your chance to catch this great show.

“Toy Story – The Musical” is just the latest announcement of a line-up of great attractions and experiences coming to Disney’s California Adventure. To find out about all the new things coming to the park, check out DisneysCaliforniaAdventure.com.

What do you think? Are you excited about “Toy Story – The Musical?”

Source: Disney Parks Blog; http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/announcement-“toy-story-–the-musical”-coming-to-disney’s-california-adventure-park-early-2011/

Sad to see Aladdin go, it was a very impressive show... not sure if this is going to be a good success or not, sounds "weird"...
fireurgunz
Skycap
Skycap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited! I know the show premiered on the Disney Cruise Ship replacing the Golden Mickeys or Hercules.
I haven't seen it but I saw a special on it and it seemed exciting! I really hope its going to be amazing! Very Happy
daguru
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this post at Disney and More, they have more details, photos, and videos: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/12/toy-story-musical-coming-to-disney.html
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good to see them changing the shows occasionally. Wonder if this still would have happened in TS 3 was not coming out soon.

But Toy Story is just so much fun...
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is good...I'd rather have seen something other than Toy Story. As much as I love it...it is already all over DCA. Add to that the rumoured Laugh Floor at DL adding another PIXAR venue... At least we get the little mermaid soon!

I'll miss Aladdin. I don't love the film, but the show has been a staple of my trips for so very long...hope this is just as entertaining.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Toy Story isn't coming as soon as we think. I missed this...thanks to Beth for sending it to me (she knows my love of it!).

Here's the link to the Disney Parks Blog: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/your-wish-has-been-granted-genies-run-extended-at-hyperion-theater/

Huzzah! Now I can rest easier knowing I don't need to make a trip to DL in the heat of August this year!

: )
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Toy Story will be playing by late September when Matt and I are there.
onecutemoose

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarah91182 wrote:
Hopefully Toy Story will be playing by late September when Matt and I are there.

From the looks of things, it seems it is on hold indefinitely. I think toy Story will remain on the cruise ship for the time being, but I guess the response form guests has been very mixed and not overly positive (by and large, I know some who have really liked it).

I'd love to see Hyperion reserved for more Broadway style shows like Aladdin, or Beauty and the Beast.

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecutemoose wrote:

I'd love to see Hyperion reserved for more Broadway style shows like Aladdin, or Beauty and the Beast.

Matt and I were going to skip the Aladdin show when we're out there. I don't think I've even seen the Beauty and the Beast show. I'm not a big 'show' person, but I thought the Toy Story one would be fun. Though I do like the Indy stunt show and Lights Motors Action. Guess I just need shows with explosions as opposed to songs and plot... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Disneyland Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: