Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Figment goes to the UK

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Figment goes to the UK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> True-Life Adventures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Figment goes to the UK Reply with quote

We made a trip to England and planned on taking Figment along since he's never been there. As we were preparing to leave for the airport, there was an odd knock at the door and upon opening it, we saw an owl...

It appears that our friend Figment received a letter from Hogwarts! Figment was quite happy.

He put on his Hogwarts scarf and was ready for our trip across the pond.

We arrived in our hotel and FIgment was kind enough to hold the room key. But he was having a hard time controling himself since he was off to become a wizard.

Figment thought that since he was going off to Hogwarts, he might want to pose in some pictures with his muggle friends.

Since no one should go off to school without a good meal, we took Figment to a nice restaurant for dinner. Here he is, enjoying a soda.

As we were walking about London, Figment ran into an old friend, who now appears to be working for the London Police. Who knew Mickey would become a Bobby!

We then needed to head to the train station. Figment just blended into the crowd at the train station.

Figment thought he'd try and bypass the NORMAL process and go straight to the Ministry of Magic. His problem was he didn't know how to make the phone box work to go down into the Ministry.

Oh well, no matter. We went back to King's Cross station so Figment could get to Hogwarts like all other witches and wizards. But due to his size, Figment needed a little help from a muggle friend...or is she a muggle?

Since Muggle cameras won't work in the wizarding world, we couldn't go any further with our friend. But once he is done with his studies, I'm sure he'll be ready for another adventure with another member of UAB!

Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! Figment is the luckiest Dragon EVER!! I'm so envious!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrumpyDaddy
UAB's 1st Goofy Challenge Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Very Happy

Looks like figment had a great trip.

That was very nice of Figment to take you all along on his journey. Wink

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, although I'm sure he'll see his share of pubs.

Now if I can figure out what a muggle, or a weeble, or a warthog is, this might be more fun to follow.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know anything about Harry Potter, you'll know what we're talking about.

While we were in London, we took a tour of the filming locations for the Harry Potter films. We decided that Figment would enjoy those locations as well.

We didn't get to any pubs, per se, but we did toss back a couple of pints. We were way too busy seeing the sights and visiting my mum to take in a pub crawl. But we still had a great time.

RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fortunate Figment! Hogwarts! Is Platform 9 3/4 really at Kings Cross? That is so neat!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Speaking of pints...when my husband was in London for work last year, I made him bring me home a Magner's Cider. It's tough to find in the US, but I love it.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavenStGermaine wrote:
What a fortunate Figment! Hogwarts! Is Platform 9 3/4 really at Kings Cross? That is so neat!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Speaking of pints...when my husband was in London for work last year, I made him bring me home a Magner's Cider. It's tough to find in the US, but I love it.

Platform 9 3/4 is at King's Cross Station. But technically, there are 2 places..the setup you saw in the picture and then the actual platform (which is really platforms 4 and 5). King's Cross is undergoing an extensive makeover and a few of the filming spots have been destroyed. At some point, the entire station will be redone and won't resemble the movie one bit. A real shame.

I'll post the pictures we have of the other sites we didn't photograph Figment at.

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavenStGermaine wrote:

I believe Magner's is marketed in the US under another name. I want to say Bulmer's. There was even a marketing campaign about how they had to change their name. I have a coaster around the house somewhere about that.
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, can't wait to hear what Figment has to say after his first trip there... Did he make it to Diagon Alley?
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figmentathm wrote:

I believe Magner's is marketed in the US under another name. I want to say Bulmer's. There was even a marketing campaign about how they had to change their name. I have a coaster around the house somewhere about that.

Hmmm, thanks for the tip, I'll have to look for it. I've found Magner's in only 3 places in the US: Boston, Vegas and Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. Raglan Road stopped carrying it - they said it was too hard to get.

Dave: it is sad that King's Cross is changing, but at least you got to see it before the big renovations!
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not cider that spurs me on it's jelly babies were can i find them ???? Help any Doctor Who fans out there?

Ich bin der Piraten zu behaupten, was mir jetzt und für immer
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavenStGermaine wrote:
Figmentathm wrote:

Hmmm, thanks for the tip, I'll have to look for it. I've found Magner's in only 3 places in the US: Boston, Vegas and Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. Raglan Road stopped carrying it - they said it was too hard to get.

Dave: it is sad that King's Cross is changing, but at least you got to see it before the big renovations!

there are other pubs in orlando there are at least two in kissimmee that are british or irish try there next time at wdw

sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to their Beer Catalog, Total Wine in Orlando sells it:

Magners Irish Cider - 12oz Btl: Single - 1.79, 6pk - 9.49, case - 34.99

http://www.wineaccess.com/store/totalwine-orlando/store-info.html

I know it's not a pub, but it's probably the best bet to get it around here.
RavenStGermaine
Curbside Attendant
Curbside Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips! I'll be in Florida at some point or another this year since my dad is down there. Might have to go on a scavenger hunt!

redbaron, I've never tried Jelly Babies....one of these days, just for The Doctor...
redbaron314
Air Cargo Agent
Air Cargo Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know in england at one of the candy stores in epcot they used to sell them but id like to find then outside as well .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> True-Life Adventures All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: