Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Repeat Twofer

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Repeat Twofer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Repeat Twofer Reply with quote

My bonus twofer played the same track twice in less than an hour. Just thought you might like to know, in case you keep track of these things.

There was an even number of tracks to choose from, so I don't think it should have chosen something that already played by force or default.

Sorry, if that annoyed anyone. I didn't know that sort of thing could happen.
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me which 2 tracks (or 1 track) it was?

pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure... It was The Land Interior music, track six. It showed up as a bonus twofer for two of my picks, which I believe were the same interior music, but tracks one and two.

It looks like a little later on, my request for track 4 repeated track 3, as well.

On an unrelated note, it also looks like the Now Playing page is stuck.
Brownieboy69
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Like The Now Playing page is stuck.... is stuck... is stuck... is stuck.... is stuck.....is stuck..... is stuck...... is stuck....... is stuck...... is stuck....... is stuck....... is stuck...... is stuck....... is stuck....... is stuck....... Razz
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Now Playing page is fine now.

Looks like it played the Nightmare Before Christmas version of the Haunted Mansion, even though it wasn't on the queue, so it just kept repeating the previous track (which was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride) until it ended.
onecutemoose
Bouncing Between Wonderland & Neverland

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE hidden nuggets of Christmas goodness!!!

It's true...every now and then something cool will be tossed in that isn't in the palylist and it doesn't show up in the now playing window. Fun!

: )
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things..

Everything mentioned in this thread is expected. I'll address each individually.

1. Twofers
The choices for twofers (at the moment) are completely randomized. Unfortunately its a drawback to twofers (and threefers).

2. Playlist being stuck.
The Playlist doesn't get Stuck, it's just that there's a track that currently is set to not display on the "now playing page". For example, holiday tracks are currently in the track ibrary, they're just disabled until the appropriate time of year until they can come about. Unfortunately, sometimes a track will slip by and play and we have to catch these rogue tracks on a case by case basis so that they don't get played in normal rotation accidentally.

Once the track ends, the next song comes on, and the now playing window refreshes to whatever track is currently playing.

3. Funny you should mention hidden gems. There's a lot coming to UAB that won't be requestable and will have to wait until it hits rotation Smile. The track details won't even show on the now playing page. Wink

Anyway, I hope that helps explain things a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: