Alt Text 6
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - A few updates to UAB

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

A few updates to UAB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: A few updates to UAB Reply with quote

For the time being, I've resumed active development on UAB again. Unfortunately my career has been getting in the way of things and my time has been VERY limited.

Anyway a few small things I've decided to take care of this morning.

1. I've had this thing with UAB Your Way where I don't think the spotlight is bright enough on each selected community members. There was nothing that really stood out. I aim to remedy that situation a bit at a time. Previously if you looked at the now playing page, the person was mentioned in the banner, but it really didn't stand out all that much and was easily glossed over.

I've gone ahead and recoded the page so that the person's name will stand out a little bit better. Also, you'll notice that "at-a-glance" you'll instantly know that it's not a normal request, but the work of the UAB-O-MATIC.

The snippit below shows what the display will look like during "UAB Your Way"

2. The Broadcast Schedule page has gotten an overhaul. The colors match a bit more in-line with the UAB color scheme. Now aside from just changing the text color for the day of the week, The day cell itself changes so that it stands out a bit more. The broadcast page will also highlight a show if a particular show is playing. See below for an example.

**NOTE***

UAB Your Way is not playing on Saturdays (at least not now). I just added it as an example so I could take the screen shot.

Anyway....More to come! Enjoy!
Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the updates really stand out and are easy to notice. They are looking good.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Frank.

Also I added a little something to brighten the spotlight on the UAB member chosen for UAB Your Way.

During the show, Only comments made by that member will be displayed/viewable. If that member hasn't commented on that track yet. Then it'll display a customized alert.

Figmentathm
UAB's 1st Boston Marathon Finisher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explains the SQL errors I was seeing while you were playing.

The site looks great. Put me down for another 2 year subscription.
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...I was playing with the live site....I elected to do the rest of the work elsewhere on a non-production page Smile
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ellory brought up a good point. There was no easy way to just post comments on tracks that were in each user's "My Favorites" selections.

With that being said I added additional functionality to the "My Favorites" page. This will allow you to more conveniently leave comments for all of your favorite tracks which will in turn display if you're the lucky UAB member who is picked for a show.

-Damien
Disney3xJC
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the 'UAB-O-MATIC' right away. Good job tE! Looking forward to more tweaks! Smile
theEpiphany
Gate Agent
Gate Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I'm just going to start posting all of my development updates in this thread. At this point, it's easier for me to dump the evening's work into one place than clutter up the forum with a new thread for each little thing.

I've cleaned up the "Now Playing" page. The page received a little more intelligence in being able to differentiate between request library tracks and non tracks such as station IDs. If a Station ID, commercial etc is played, the additional functions that are offered for request library tracks (info, comments, favorites) is all removed.

There are still a few things I'm working on to really make this whole interface scalable as we expand UAB in the future (more on that later).

Next up. Gathering up some tracks we've had collecting dust at UAB Central....Expect a nice variety of some old and new favorites including a few additions to the UAB Live Tracks set.
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of these "favorites" adjustments going on, I'd really like to see my suggestion of a searchable vote history that I posted on the other thread get some play.

I'll probably be at Copper status in a couple months, and I'd love to be able to see all of my votes up to that point in order to put together a great possible UAB-o-Matic playlist!
Ellory
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have seen your request, and we've added it to our "To Do" list.

When we'll have a chance to fit that in with all the other things we have going on, isn't certain right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pugmalion1
Airport Police
Airport Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Sorry to be a bother. I'm gonna go back in my hole now.

I mean, cubicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> UAB Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: