Haunted Mansion Teleport
Navigation

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting :: View topic - Who Misses the Country Bear Christmas Show?

Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index Forum FAQ Search Usergroups Memberlist Profile Log in to check your private messages

Who Misses the Country Bear Christmas Show?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CountryBearFan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Who Misses the Country Bear Christmas Show? Reply with quote

I do. They REALLY need to bring this overlay back. It was an entertaining show that not only kept the Bear Jamboree attraction fresh each year, but also brought in higher attendance numbers than the original show does and is even more popular than the regular show.

With the absence of offerings such as this, a lot of WDW's holiday cheer has been missing for the last few years. And to add further salt to this wound, no real or logical reason for its absence has ever been given.

If you want this overlay back, here's a list of recommend addresses to write letters to (regular, written letters are far more likely to get taken seriously than e-mails):

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. Tom Staggs
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Mr. Phil Holmes
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000

And if you're on Facebook, I very highly recommend joining this group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=178840083906&ref=ts
WDWFan
Pilot
Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even realize it was gone! Saw it last time I was down and it was great.
CountryBearFan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WDWFan wrote:
I didn't even realize it was gone! Saw it last time I was down and it was great.

The last time they did the Bears' holiday overlay was in 2005. They haven't done that changeover since 2006 and they REALLY need to bring it back. It always had a longer than the regular Bear show does!

Overall, I agree that WDW has been cutting back on Xmas season offerings quite a bit over the last couple of years (first the Bears' Xmas show in 2006, followed by Epcot's Tree-Lighting Ceremony in 2008, Epcot's Lights of Winter arches in 2009, not as many abundant decorations across the property, etc.). Let's hope that the disappearances of these popular, universally-enjoyed Xmas offerings are just temporary cutbacks as a result of our current economic recession. Crying or Very sad
daveypoo
Commander in Chief #1
Commander in Chief #1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be due to public outcry since not everyone follows Christmas. I know cities and towns get a lot of flack about "Christmas" decorations and started calling these "Holiday" decorations, etc, or eliminating them completely. You may find that Disney is, once again, caving into those who scream that they are offending, and will, over time, eliminate all references to Christmas.

CountryBearFan
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:
It could be due to public outcry since not everyone follows Christmas. I know cities and towns get a lot of flack about "Christmas" decorations and started calling these "Holiday" decorations, etc, or eliminating them completely. You may find that Disney is, once again, caving into those who scream that they are offending, and will, over time, eliminate all references to Christmas.

Sorry, but I can't agree with that.
sarah91182
Ticket Agent
Ticket Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveypoo wrote:

I look forward to attending Mickey's Very Merry Chrismakwanzika Party...
tigertail777
Parking Lot Attendant
Parking Lot Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the WDW's Magic Kingdom for the first time last Christmas, and although I fully enjoyed watching the original CBJ again after so many years of it missing from Disneyland, I would have preferred to have seen the Christmas show. I went to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party fully expecting to see it and was disappointed it wasn't there. I have heard the audio to this show many times and it sounds incredible, second only to the original show. Despite my disappointment however, I have to say the castmember who did the original CBJ show really did a wonderful job of keeping in theme and I went to see it three times that night. This was my first time in any of the parks during the holidays, and I completely enjoyed it but I did expect there to be more holiday theme offerings, I loved the giant Christmas trees for each park, the huge gingerbread house in Epcot, and the Christmas fireworks and parade, but kept wishing for something attraction wise that was Christmas themed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Utilidors Audio Broadcasting Forum Index -> Walt Disney World Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: